Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMSC held indoor tryout Friday June5 is this poaching cheating?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EMSC held indoor tryout Friday June5 is this poaching cheating?

So I heard from a parent at our club this week that they would be moving to EMSC this fall for pre ECNL. I said oh sorry to see you go did they have have a virtual tryout how did your daughter get identified? He said they had an indoor tryout on Friday in a warehouse only the kids could go in.

I am not surprised by kids getting together in parks. I don't really care if there are small group training. I cannot believe EMSC is so desperate to get an advantage they are holding indoor tryouts. Afraid of being seen? Secretive behind closed doors in an enclosed space while not one of the areas in NY are allowed to do that not even churches.

Shame on the parents so desperate to be "identified" that they would let an 11 year old go unaccompanied with strangers inside a warehouse not concerned about covid, not concerned about potential abusive situation.

This is blatant disregard for any rules this is cheating this is poaching.

Give me your thoughts I think it's pathetic and will lead to other clubs not being left behind.

Are you sure you not just overthinking the terrible weather on Friday?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      So I heard from a parent at our club this week that they would be moving to EMSC this fall for pre ECNL. I said oh sorry to see you go did they have have a virtual tryout how did your daughter get identified? He said they had an indoor tryout on Friday in a warehouse only the kids could go in.

I am not surprised by kids getting together in parks. I don't really care if there are small group training. I cannot believe EMSC is so desperate to get an advantage they are holding indoor tryouts. Afraid of being seen? Secretive behind closed doors in an enclosed space while not one of the areas in NY are allowed to do that not even churches.

Shame on the parents so desperate to be "identified" that they would let an 11 year old go unaccompanied with strangers inside a warehouse not concerned about covid, not concerned about potential abusive situation.

Give me your thoughts I think it's pathetic and will lead to other clubs not being left behind.
      I’m at EM and we can’t do squat. We have Coleman as the indoor facility and they are closed. We were emailed that team placement is this week. I was also just told no tryouts this year. Don’t think anyone can at this point. Hopefully this all changes in the next couple of weeks and we can get back to some normalcy.

Comment

I’m at EM and we can’t do squat. We have Coleman as the indoor facility and they are closed. We were emailed that team placement is this week. I was also just told no tryouts this year. Don’t think anyone can at this point. Hopefully this all changes in the next couple of weeks and we can get back to some normalcy.
        Well I don't think this parent made up a story about his 2009 daughter, maybe you just were not in the loop.

Comment

I know nothing about this particular event, but why would the weather be a consideration? If the weather is not amenable you cancel, you don’t conduct tryouts indoors during this period of time. The only conceivable way that could be an acceptable solution is if the facility had been properly cleaned, no more than 10 people were in the facility and the “adults” wore gloves and masks. I find the likelihood that they followed these guidelines incredible.

Comment

There is not supposed to be any organized soccer indoor or outdoor.
            June 6, 2020

ENYYSA NOTICE:

It has come to my attention that teams have begun illegal training ahead of the government and ENYYSA permission to proceed. We have been notified with pictures of the players training on fields.

This notice serves as a last warning that if you continue there will be a disciplinary hearing with heavy fines and suspensions.

Thank you for your attention to this matter!

Stay safe, continue to practice social distancing and we hope to see you on the field soon!

Richard Christiano ENYYSA President

Comment

First off, 11/12/13 year old kids' parents are the absolute craziest, like THE craziest. Your accusation of "cheating" and "poaching" and tone of conspiracy, kind of makes me laugh. That being said, there are too many unknowns to give a true assessment.

There's a lot of movement this season thanks to the dissolving of GDA and some parents are being very *proactive* about next season. Did the club host a giant cattle call tryout or was it a scheduled few kids at a time? I know one of the EM coaches has his own training company, were these kids pre-identified or straight-up blind trials? Did the parents initiate the process of did the club reach out? Was it always to be held in the warehouse or did the torrential rains of Cristobal force it indoors?

Comment

There is not supposed to be any organized soccer indoor or outdoor.
                June 6, 2020

ENYYSA NOTICE:

It has come to my attention that teams have begun illegal training ahead of the government and ENYYSA permission to proceed. We have been notified with pictures of the players training on fields.

This notice serves as a last warning that if you continue there will be a disciplinary hearing with heavy fines and suspensions.

Thank you for your attention to this matter!

Stay safe, continue to practice social distancing and we hope to see you on the field soon!

Richard Christiano ENYYSA President
                EM isn't under ENYYSA

Comment

“There's a lot of movement this season thanks to the dissolving of GDA and some parents are being very *proactive* about next season.”

How is that relevant to violating the governmental order? “Proactive” is not a synonym for “illegal”.

“Did the club host a giant cattle call tryout or was it a scheduled few kids at a time?”

If the tryout was less than 10 kids (including) trainers/coaches that’s relevant. But only if outdoors in NY. I don’t know how the tryout was run.

“I know one of the EM coaches has his own training company, were these kids pre-identified or straight-up blind trials? Did the parents initiate the process of did the club reach out?” Was it always to be held in the warehouse or did the torrential rains of Cristobal force it indoors?”

None of this is relevant. They were operating under the penumbra of EMSC. Whether or not it was planned to be indoors or not is also irrelevant. You can’t do that as of now. If the weather was poor, you cancel, you don’t move to an illegal facility.

Comment

This is much more likely involve a player arranging for private training and if the player will be moving to EM, they decided to do outside training with some EM person. Is there any soccer trainer from any club that will not privately train on the side? I don't think so.

Comment

“There's a lot of movement this season thanks to the dissolving of GDA and some parents are being very *proactive* about next season.”

How is that relevant to violating the governmental order? “Proactive” is not a synonym for “illegal”.

“Did the club host a giant cattle call tryout or was it a scheduled few kids at a time?”

If the tryout was less than 10 kids (including) trainers/coaches that’s relevant. But only if outdoors in NY. I don’t know how the tryout was run.

“I know one of the EM coaches has his own training company, were these kids pre-identified or straight-up blind trials? Did the parents initiate the process of did the club reach out?” Was it always to be held in the warehouse or did the torrential rains of Cristobal force it indoors?”

None of this is relevant. They were operating under the penumbra of EMSC. Whether or not it was planned to be indoors or not is also irrelevant. You can’t do that as of now. If the weather was poor, you cancel, you don’t move to an illegal facility.
                      Poster asked for thoughts, my thoughts are that all of the above are relative. I don't know the exact rules under which a non-profit or a small business were being required to operate, do you? If so, I'd love a link to the resources that outline things specifically for Nassau County. Again, poster has no idea how this was all handled, they just know someone else's kid did something that their kid didn't.

Comment

Poster asked for thoughts, my thoughts are that all of the above are relative. I don't know the exact rules under which a non-profit or a small business were being required to operate, do you? If so, I'd love a link to the resources that outline things specifically for Nassau County. Again, poster has no idea how this was all handled, they just know someone else's kid did something that their kid didn't.
                        It's generally acknowledged that if one is asking for "thoughts" they mean intelligent ones. I do know the rules for a non-profit as well as a small business. Do a quick google search...they are subject to the exact same rules as everyone else unless specifically exempted. Let me assure you that EMSC or any other soccer club is not an essential business are promulgated by the NYS government.

Comment

It's generally acknowledged that if one is asking for "thoughts" they mean intelligent ones. I do know the rules for a non-profit as well as a small business. Do a quick google search...they are subject to the exact same rules as everyone else unless specifically exempted. Let me assure you that EMSC or any other soccer club is not an essential business are promulgated by the NYS government.
                          The soccer clubs are not engaged in in person events of any kind at this point. Any thing of that nature is private and being confused as being run by a club.

Comment

At least in the metro area of NY. Not sure about other regions or states.

Comment

The soccer clubs are not engaged in in person events of any kind at this point. Any thing of that nature is private and being confused as being run by a club.
                              That specifically contradicts the OP's statement and point. He said EMSC was running tryouts. You know this how?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X