Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barbosa is nothing but a cheerleader.

If you want a real coach AS & JM at Surf are the guys who develop talent and have real credentials. Unlike Barbosa. Fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Barbosa is nothing but a cheerleader.

If you want a real coach AS & JM at Surf are the guys who develop talent and have real credentials. Unlike Barbosa. Fraud.

Okay Mr. Surf, Are you sick? AS and JM at Surf couldn't carry PB's boots as a footballer or his cones as a coach. I rather come down with the Covid-19 then ever see my kid play for AS. The guy trips over his own feet during a demo at training sessions. Nearly clueless of passing out stickers to players in training sessions like he works front line at WALMART. On zoom calls does nothing but stumble over his words. I couldn't wait for my child to be done with him. PB has done nothing but develop good teams. Every team PB has been apart have has been very competitive, organized and play great soccer.

If you're rich and want to waste your money join SURF their coaches are up for law suits and nothing but lies behind every coach. Enough with the trash talk Bayside is the club to be at if you are from RI and if you're not you are wasting your time/money. Bayside's staff is one of the best in the region experienced local soccer icons both as players and coaches. NO ONE ELSE HAS THAT LOCALLY!!!!! keep on supporting these coaches from over seas who never played a lick of soccer and come here and make thousands because you are delusional.

Comment

Okay Mr. Surf, Are you sick? AS and JM at Surf couldn't carry PB's boots as a footballer or his cones as a coach. I rather come down with the Covid-19 then ever see my kid play for AS. The guy trips over his own feet during a demo at training sessions. Nearly clueless of passing out stickers to players in training sessions like he works front line at WALMART. On zoom calls does nothing but stumble over his words. I couldn't wait for my child to be done with him. PB has done nothing but develop good teams. Every team PB has been apart have has been very competitive, organized and play great soccer.

If you're rich and want to waste your money join SURF their coaches are up for law suits and nothing but lies behind every coach. Enough with the trash talk Bayside is the club to be at if you are from RI and if you're not you are wasting your time/money. Bayside's staff is one of the best in the region experienced local soccer icons both as players and coaches. NO ONE ELSE HAS THAT LOCALLY!!!!! keep on supporting these coaches from over seas who never played a lick of soccer and come here and make thousands because you are delusional.
        Lol PB, thanks for that. Tell us what credentials you have? Oh yea, zero.

Tell us what meaningful accomplishments your teams have won? Oh yea, nothing.

But tell us how much of a cheerleader you are? No denying your the best at running up and down the sideline spewing utter nonsense out of your mouth.

Also tell us what a complete crapshoot your tournament is?

Comment

But tell us how much of a cheerleader you are? No denying your the best at running up and down the sideline spewing utter nonsense out of your mouth.

If you are a Surf parent, coach or supporter you need to stop with this marketing ploy of bashing all these other local clubs and coaches in hopes to attract their players. It makes Surf appear very desperate. I would put my energy in actually building up the club and it’s players. This is just an opinion from someone that doesn’t have a dog in this fight.

Comment

Do you even know what teams PB coaches at Bayside? Have you checked how many tournaments / leagues one of his teams has won? Do you know how many of his players have gone on to play ECNL / DA and how many currently on his roster could make an ECNL / DA team right now but continue to play for Bayside.

It is you sir who have nothing better to do than anonymously spew utter nonsense.

Comment

I apologize for this, but this person is totally unhinged. I have first-hand experience with each coach listed. My kid was coached by AS and he is top quality. He teaches possession soccer with a focus on technical skill. He is not easy on his players and has high expectations. His GPS teams tend to outperform for their level based on his tactics and coaching and I highly recommmend him. JM coached at PC. My kid has trained with him at NEFC. He is another possession-style coach who gets great results from his players and teams. Either coach is quality with years of experiemce. JM has the benefit of knowing the college game intimately whereas AS is from Europe and doesn’t have the same college connections, but both are tops.

My kid has trained with PB back when he was with JD running ESPA programs in Barrington. He’s a decent guy, and fine for small-sided training and younger ages, but not the same quality of coach for older ages and 11v11 as the other two, at least not yet. His record at Bayside with girls teams the older ages is very mixed, which is why I think they moved him to coach the younger ages. He could just be a victim of weak age groups at Bayside, but a good coach figures these things out and finds a way to get results and performance.

I won’t say much about Surf as I have no dog in the fight. My kid plays for an ECNL club in MA and isn’t going anywhere. Having said that, Surf RI has some quality coaching. Whether families think that is enough to compete with established clubs remains to be seen.

Comment

I apologize for this, but this person is totally unhinged. I have first-hand experience with each coach listed. My kid was coached by AS and he is top quality. He teaches possession soccer with a focus on technical skill. He is not easy on his players and has high expectations. His GPS teams tend to outperform for their level based on his tactics and coaching and I highly recommmend him. JM coached at PC. My kid has trained with him at NEFC. He is another possession-style coach who gets great results from his players and teams. Either coach is quality with years of experiemce. JM has the benefit of knowing the college game intimately whereas AS is from Europe and doesn’t have the same college connections, but both are tops.

My kid has trained with PB back when he was with JD running ESPA programs in Barrington. He’s a decent guy, and fine for small-sided training and younger ages, but not the same quality of coach for older ages and 11v11 as the other two, at least not yet. His record at Bayside with girls teams the older ages is very mixed, which is why I think they moved him to coach the younger ages. He could just be a victim of weak age groups at Bayside, but a good coach figures these things out and finds a way to get results and performance.

I won’t say much about Surf as I have no dog in the fight. My kid plays for an ECNL club in MA and isn’t going anywhere. Having said that, Surf RI has some quality coaching. Whether families think that is enough to compete with established clubs remains to be seen.
                A win and a runner up spot in the NEP final four in the top bracket isn't bad for weak age groups I guess.

Comment

A win and a runner up spot in the NEP final four in the top bracket isn't bad for weak age groups I guess.
                  How did his 2004 girls NPL team perform before he was replaced?

Comment

How did his 2004 girls NPL team perform before he was replaced?
                    My daughter played for the 04s an year 1 of course they struggled. The year change hurt that particular team in the club the most. He did a great job rebuilding the team. Not sure what your on about? Results? Are you really evaluating coaches now on results? Is this professional or youth soccer?

Comment

My daughter played for the 04s an year 1 of course they struggled. The year change hurt that particular team in the club the most. He did a great job rebuilding the team. Not sure what your on about? Results? Are you really evaluating coaches now on results? Is this professional or youth soccer?
                      I was pretty familiar with that team and it was bottom of NPL. Like I said, could have been that particular age group was weak or something else going on with coaching, selection, etc. That was Bayside’s 1st team in the age group and it was beat consistently by JM’s team, at the time a regional NEFC team.

Comment

I was pretty familiar with that team and it was bottom of NPL. Like I said, could have been that particular age group was weak or something else going on with coaching, selection, etc. That was Bayside’s 1st team in the age group and it was beat consistently by JM’s team, at the time a regional NEFC team.
                        Bayside will not only get through this, they are going to end up on top. While the bigger clubs battle it out Bayside will be ready to pick up the carnage and move forward with connections to Revs, MLS, PC, etc. Bayside boys will be a power house in a few years. Bayside girls have some rebuilding to do and clearly need to clean house and recruit back their lost talent but they can start over with their youngest girls. Go Bayside!!!

Comment

Bayside will not only get through this, they are going to end up on top. While the bigger clubs battle it out Bayside will be ready to pick up the carnage and move forward with connections to Revs, MLS, PC, etc. Bayside boys will be a power house in a few years. Bayside girls have some rebuilding to do and clearly need to clean house and recruit back their lost talent but they can start over with their youngest girls. Go Bayside!!!
                          Bayside needs to put intelligent people in leadership roles (Ex:Girls Director).

Comment

Results? LOL The Bayside teams have always been placed in NPL A against top competition. Most of these SURF coaches have not even seen that level. More importantly, neither have their players, which is a shame because some of them would do very well. Now that they are going to play weak competition in CT for a year, the suckers who follow these greedy, selfish coaches are hurting their kids development!

Comment

Results? LOL The Bayside teams have always been placed in NPL A against top competition. Most of these SURF coaches have not even seen that level. More importantly, neither have their players, which is a shame because some of them would do very well. Now that they are going to play weak competition in CT for a year, the suckers who follow these greedy, selfish coaches are hurting their kids development!
                              True!
                              I know these families who have left NEFC for SURF. They really believe it’s going to be better but instead their kids are playing super Liga travel soccer. Yes they will win, no they will not develop or be challenged, waste of a year and $$$.

Comment

True!
                                I know these families who have left NEFC for SURF. They really believe it’s going to be better but instead their kids are playing super Liga travel soccer. Yes they will win, no they will not develop or be challenged, waste of a year and $$$.
                                Of course surf is weak.

At least if surf actually does play the next year or at least spring 2021 and make it beyond, there is a club option for the third tier players. Although the driving to CT would be horrendous for superliga level play.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X