X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barca parents only

only Barca parents please respond.

have you heard anything as to what they are doing with $$ from the spring season? Our coach says he knows nothing ( and probably doesn't). Emails to Barca go unanswered.

Like I said, if you not a Barca parent, move on to some other thread. Save the club v club drama.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    only Barca parents please respond.

have you heard anything as to what they are doing with $$ from the spring season? Our coach says he knows nothing ( and probably doesn't). Emails to Barca go unanswered.

Like I said, if you not a Barca parent, move on to some other thread. Save the club v club drama.
    i have not asked. i would not expect a refund if that is what you mean. I am sure the reason for all the remote sessions, and challenges from home are the justification for not refunding or applying toward, etc.

i expect to be charged for the new season coming up (20-21).

case closed

Comment

My son is on a different team but similar situation. No shot of any of us getting refunds. Maybe we can hope for small discount on next fall if we stay? 15% - 20% ? Dare to dream?

Comment

We received an email about an hour ago. They keep saying they are waiting to hear what EDP does before formulating a plan of action. I get the sneaking suspicion they don’t intend to refund. The question is do we sue? Added problem, courts are closed so who knows when you will get to see a judge.

Comment

i have not asked. i would not expect a refund if that is what you mean. I am sure the reason for all the remote sessions, and challenges from home are the justification for not refunding or applying toward, etc.

i expect to be charged for the new season coming up (20-21).

case closed
          Let’s be honest the challenges and Sunday calls have been awful. Much less than I would have expected from Barca. They’ve been a major disappointment. Additionally, when they were asked to do some zoom sessions, they said thr Spanish homeland said “no, it’s Barca policy that a Coach must be present for all trainings”. I found that response laughable.

Comment

We received an email about an hour ago. They keep saying they are waiting to hear what EDP does before formulating a plan of action. I get the sneaking suspicion they don’t intend to refund. The question is do we sue? Added problem, courts are closed so who knows when you will get to see a judge.
            Sue? Hahahahaha, good lord.

Comment

Sue? Hahahahaha, good lord.
              Yes. It’s over 1000. They promised to perform a specified set of services and didn’t. It’s called a violation of a contractual obligation. Pretty basic stuff.

Comment

Barca parents only

My sons team is edp as well but different club. Our club prez. say the same. waiting to hear.

Comment

Yes. It’s over 1000. They promised to perform a specified set of services and didn’t. It’s called a violation of a contractual obligation. Pretty basic stuff.
                  Filing the lawsuit would cost you far more in attorney fees than you are seeking to get back. Small claims would be only option and then you would probably be limited by the contract you signed at registration.

Comment

Filing the lawsuit would cost you far more in attorney fees than you are seeking to get back. Small claims would be only option and then you would probably be limited by the contract you signed at registration.
                    why did you even explain it to him, better off letting him find out the hard way, ugh.

Comment

my thought is that we finished about 2/3 of the year the way it was suppose to go with training and playing games. The online stuff and zoom meetings are basic at best and are just to keep the kids somewhat involved. I would expect 1/3 of my $$ to be placed as a credit towards next years fees as we plan on staying with the club. I would think that would be a good solution that most parents would take.

Comment

my thought is that we finished about 2/3 of the year the way it was suppose to go with training and playing games. The online stuff and zoom meetings are basic at best and are just to keep the kids somewhat involved. I would expect 1/3 of my $$ to be placed as a credit towards next years fees as we plan on staying with the club. I would think that would be a good solution that most parents would take.
                        I'm also hearing rumblings of them just cutting ties at this point. Canada is dunzo as well.

Comment

If you are in a club for an annual program it is not as clean-cut as, "We played a half a year," or "We missed a 1/3." The most expensive portion of the calendar year is winter. Fall fees pay the deposit for indoor space and winter fees to pay the balance. The last few months of the year are when the clubs make money.

Obviously, It's your prerogative if you feel like you should pay or not but in my opinion it's kind of like you're stiffing the waiter at the end of the night.

Comment

If you are in a club for an annual program it is not as clean-cut as, "We played a half a year," or "We missed a 1/3." The most expensive portion of the calendar year is winter. Fall fees pay the deposit for indoor space and winter fees to pay the balance. The last few months of the year are when the clubs make money.

Obviously, It's your prerogative if you feel like you should pay or not but in my opinion it's kind of like you're stiffing the waiter at the end of the night.
                            ***?? Stuffing the waitier??? We paid separate for winter league, and we only practiced 1 hour 2x's a week for what was about 2 months collectively. We didnt play the spring season- The league refunded the spring fees, and our kids are not practicing. Which in the past is what we were paying for in our fees. So to expect a credit( not even talking refund) towards next year why would that be stuffing someone.

who are you...

and as for folding, Canada was a franchise. They were some ex club guys trying to make it happen and had no money to make it work. Barca should have chosen a better set up there. NY is not a franchise.

Comment

Where did you get “stuffing” from? It’s stiffing the waiter you cheap bastard.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X