Marist Coach

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Announcement coming soon on the new coach at Marist. She won’t have to move and it’s a smart hire. She will do well.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
      announcement coming soon on the new coach at marist. She won’t have to move and it’s a smart hire. She will do well.
      y a w n...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Announcement coming soon on the new coach at Marist. She won’t have to move and it’s a smart hire. She will do well.
        I hope the AD has learned their lesson and will give full support to the coach. Nothing worse than a coach not having job security or worry about getting stabbed in the back by the AD. I hope the AD makes it clear they do not want to hear from the players parents and the coach has free reign to run there program there way with no interference. Players/parents must know from day 1 who is in charge.

Comment

Britt Kolmel is the new Marist Coach The former Britt Taylor UConn star player in the glory days

Comment

Britt Kolmel is the new Marist Coach The former Britt Taylor UConn star player in the glory days
            Seems like a great move for them. Will push the players hard and someone the team could relate with etc. She'll have a curve on managing scholarships and the recruiting process but knows the club business and showcase scene very well.

I'm not involved with the school but from TDS, it looks like the entire incoming class are ECNL kids. For a school without big dollars that was nice work on the part of the previous coach. Easy trend to continue if it works out.

Comment

Seems like a great move for them. Will push the players hard and someone the team could relate with etc. She'll have a curve on managing scholarships and the recruiting process but knows the club business and showcase scene very well.

I'm not involved with the school but from TDS, it looks like the entire incoming class are ECNL kids. For a school without big dollars that was nice work on the part of the previous coach. Easy trend to continue if it works out.
              And how much does a college soccer coach make anyway ? My guess is $50 k ?

Comment

Definitely a labor of love. However, they make money on their camps and clinics and most do club work as well.

With the benefits of the school its on par with being a teacher (except pensions aren't as good)

Comment

For a school like Marist probably yes. Big program coaches make more. Benefits like healthcare can't be ignored, especially if all your other coaching gigs don't have it or your spouse doesn't have coverage. A big bonus for faculty and staff at any school is your kids get to go for free or practically free (assuming they can get in). If you've got kids approaching that age that is HUGE.

Comment

Wonder how UConn will feel sharing the Quickstrike players.
                    Jojo

Comment

Wonder how UConn will feel sharing the Quickstrike players.
                      Jojo
                      That is easily your best line yet! So true!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X