Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The rotating teams and total disrespect shown towards the girls in the program at NYSC have led us to this decision. It seems they will take anybody's money who is willing to pay. The fact that they will add any player who was cut from an ECNL roster was the final straw for us. They have made it known to everyone that they are the 2nd tier league in this state
    So, your kid isn't quite as good as you thought, huh?

Comment

She started every game in a very weak league. she was a superstar on her team. She will definitely struggle competing with the top players on an ECNL team, but we are not worried. she may not be recruited by Duke or UNC, but she will play in college if she wants to. This has never been about us, or what we think

Comment

Not the original poster, but my daughter left NYSC DA and I can tell you that my daughter's play has blossomed since leaving. She is playing with better technical players and is playing with self-confidence that is scarce when your coach fills your head with negativity.

Comment

*news flash***

wcfc encl is a much better product and environment, nysc gda was, is, and shall always be 2nd best to wcfc.

-ussf

Comment

*news flash***

wcfc encl is a much better product and environment, nysc gda was, is, and shall always be 2nd best to wcfc.

-ussf
            i am not familiar with the inside of either club, but based on observation 30-60% of the wcfc aka nycfc left to join STA in NJ?

Comment

i am not familiar with the inside of either club, but based on observation 30-60% of the wcfc aka nycfc left to join STA in NJ?
              Perhaps 30% at best, however, 20% are already looking to leave STA, just ask them.

Comment

Yes possible mass exodus at STA, they brought in a new coach which is already gone and apparently will take players with him.

Comment

I know plenty of the families that left for STA, and most are miserable. It’s a disgrace what WCFC did by disbanding the NYCFC GDA, they had good teams, and all those girls loved the coaches and the program, none wanted to leave. The families that went to STA were all NJ residents, so going to a club like NYSC was not an option, mostly because they wanted their daughter’s to succeed....

Comment

I know plenty of the families that left for STA, and most are miserable. It’s a disgrace what WCFC did by disbanding the NYCFC GDA, they had good teams, and all those girls loved the coaches and the program, none wanted to leave. The families that went to STA were all NJ residents, so going to a club like NYSC was not an option, mostly because they wanted their daughter’s to succeed....
                    Why was it a disgrace? If those girls loved the coaches and the program, they could have easily stayed with WCFC and had the same coaches and the program. All they would have lost would have been 2 months of games against lame teams 4-6hrs away.

Comment

Why was it a disgrace? If those girls loved the coaches and the program, they could have easily stayed with WCFC and had the same coaches and the program. All they would have lost would have been 2 months of games against lame teams 4-6hrs away.
                      Just because they wear the same uniforms doesn't mean they are training at the same level. Say what you want about GDA, but those 2 years that NYCFC GDA existed the program was special, and my daughter loved it....

Comment

It all was and is pay to play pretend "mini pro" soccer for girls in all these leagues. Disappointing and not that special across the board. Sniping about this organization vs that organization just plays into the fake uber competitive nonsense that got us all where we are. What is needed is fundemental change starting with getting rid of most if the useless travel.

Comment

It all was and is pay to play pretend "mini pro" soccer for girls in all these leagues. Disappointing and not that special across the board. Sniping about this organization vs that organization just plays into the fake uber competitive nonsense that got us all where we are. What is needed is fundemental change starting with getting rid of most if the useless travel.
                          It would be easier to change the U.S. Constitution.

Comment

Why are they so miserable?

Comment

It would be easier to change the U.S. Constitution.
                              Probably. Best and likely only chance was with ussf had they actually launched a truly new and improved product. What a gigantic missed opportunity. Ugg.

Comment

Why are they so miserable?
                                Because they can't see me at practice, duh.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X