Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File a Complaint

Does anyone know how to file a complaint and have a post removed?
    I can't find an e-mail address for the admins of TS...

Comment

It's kind of an open forum and should stay that way. banning people is banning free speech. parents, coaches, club owners should be able to post on this forum freely without someone complaining and wanting things taken down. if you don't like the thread move on to another one no biggie. Surf has been bad mouthing and actually saying coaches full names not even just initials and those posts remain even though they were attacking a nice guy. it is what is it. People need to vent. Freedom of speech.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        It's kind of an open forum and should stay that way. banning people is banning free speech. parents, coaches, club owners should be able to post on this forum freely without someone complaining and wanting things taken down. if you don't like the thread move on to another one no biggie. Surf has been bad mouthing and actually saying coaches full names not even just initials and those posts remain even though they were attacking a nice guy. it is what is it. People need to vent. Freedom of speech.
        Free speech & opinions are fine and embraced, putting full names on the forum is not appropriate but What about when someone calls a coach a "pedi"?...is that ok?

Comment

NEP is not going to partner with EDP. SC walked out on NEP and is now building a new platform with EDP. With the collapse of most US Club leagues in the Northeast it’s only a matter of time before EDP runs MA.
          LOL EDP has a long way to go making those kind of claims. SC minion please go away

Comment

NEFC should've treated the region better - They don''t feel there is any talent south of Mendon...regulating the region to 4th place status when some of their teams were giving their DA teams fits. They never truly accepted the Black Watch group post buyout. No wonder why they left, yes they took a short term hit with players leaving to go DA/ECNL or other clubs but the coaching staff will accumulate and coach up the regions talent and in a couple years or so will have the stronger teams in the region again. Say what you will but they have a couple of the top coaches in the region, the talent will find them.
            This is revisionist. The old Blackwatch was on death's door. Only had about half the age groups with teams. Sure, some of these teams were good. But some of the teams were not. And most importantly, in some age groups they didn't have teams at all.

This is your future for Surf. A couple of good teams, a couple of okay teams, and trouble filling in every age group. SC, MY, and DY don't have the work ethic to pull off having teams in every age group, and they don't have the discipline to stick to a plan.

Comment

You really are a loser

Says a desperate Surfer who knows they can’t compete this fall because they aren’t going to be allowed to play in RI and MA is not allowing games. EDP = every dumped player . Surf realizes they recruited a mess a bunch of weak players playing weak town teams. Now that they are stuck w EDP they are trying to promote EDP.
              I wish you would post your team affiliation so everyone would know which club to run from. You really are a loser posting such nonsense about a bunch of kids that you know NOTHING about. Does it make you feel like a bigger, stronger person knocking down children? Calling them weak? You must be a really, big tough guy.

Comment

I wish you would post your team affiliation so everyone would know which club to run from. You really are a loser posting such nonsense about a bunch of kids that you know NOTHING about. Does it make you feel like a bigger, stronger person knocking down children? Calling them weak? You must be a really, big tough guy.
                It could have been stated in a different way, but if Surf is taking town and rec level players to fill team rosters, you will see a significant decrease in a team's level of play and even in practice/instruction.

I saw this first hand when RI Rush came on the scene. A few core teams followed coaches and then Rush offered anyone who showed up at tryouts. The teams were awful and struggled to win games in Maple. Stronger players left within a year to better teams at other clubs. Within a few years the club folded.

There are no shortcuts to building a region. You need to start with the youngest ages and form competitive teams while retaining your best players. The shotgun approach doesn't work. Add in coach disloyalty and these things tend to blow up in short order. I have no idea if Surf will survive and thrive or fail miserably, but I know I wouldn't be spending thousands to bet on an outcome that historically has not panned out for clubs that have followed this approach.

Comment

It could have been stated in a different way, but if Surf is taking town and rec level players to fill team rosters, you will see a significant decrease in a team's level of play and even in practice/instruction.
                  I should be able to weigh in on this in the near future. I have a kid on my town team who's trying out for Surf. He has no business on a team that's supposedly at the level Surf is (i.e., top tier NEP/NPL), unless he specifically tries out as a full-time GK, where he actually has some aptitude. I'll report back.

Comment

I saw this first hand when RI Rush came on the scene. A few core teams followed coaches and then Rush offered anyone who showed up at tryouts. The teams were awful and struggled to win games in Maple. Stronger players left within a year to better teams at other clubs. Within a few years the club folded.

There are no shortcuts to building a region. You need to start with the youngest ages and form competitive teams while retaining your best players. The shotgun approach doesn't work. Add in coach disloyalty and these things tend to blow up in short order. I have no idea if Surf will survive and thrive or fail miserably, but I know I wouldn't be spending thousands to bet on an outcome that historically has not panned out for clubs that have followed this approach.
                    I know two Surf teams that are a combination of players from premier division NEFC SE, Bayside, and GPS. A couple were on an NPL level team. So it really depends on the age group, like every other club. Surf is not starting from scratch with players or coaches, or just relying on cast offs, another myth on this forum of rants.

Comment

This is revisionist. The old Blackwatch was on death's door. Only had about half the age groups with teams. Sure, some of these teams were good. But some of the teams were not. And most importantly, in some age groups they didn't have teams at all.

This is your future for Surf. A couple of good teams, a couple of okay teams, and trouble filling in every age group. SC, MY, and DY don't have the work ethic to pull off having teams in every age group, and they don't have the discipline to stick to a plan.
                      that's a fair point. My experience with the old BW was SC favored the boy's side even though the girls were having better success and he let some parents have way to much influence on the teams I had kids on (probably more to those connections in terms of getting some assistance with fields but still when a parent becomes too chummy and it gives the perception it's spilling over to how their kids are treated, not good).

It's a tough business without full-time effort and dedication, or some bigger organization behind you. You could see the demise coming. Also, when you get hit up for "extra" fees for going to regionals, etc. and you can't get answers on the finances, it also gives one pause.

Comment

I know two Surf teams that are a combination of players from premier division NEFC SE, Bayside, and GPS. A couple were on an NPL level team. So it really depends on the age group, like every other club. Surf is not starting from scratch with players or coaches, or just relying on cast offs, another myth on this forum of rants.
                        Surf RI may have a few teams that came over from NEFC/GPS that end up strong for now, but they don't survive as a club with a few teams. The business requires a steady stream of families willing to spend $2000/yr +- on club soccer starting about U9/10.

Hell, JM's '04 girls team will age out in of club in less than 2 years. Where's the pipeline to replace them? That team is made up of girls who played ulittle soccer for PM at NEFC, SC at Blackwatch and some Bayside refugees.

Comment

that's a fair point. My experience with the old BW was SC favored the boy's side even though the girls were having better success and he let some parents have way to much influence on the teams I had kids on (probably more to those connections in terms of getting some assistance with fields but still when a parent becomes too chummy and it gives the perception it's spilling over to how their kids are treated, not good).

It's a tough business without full-time effort and dedication, or some bigger organization behind you. You could see the demise coming. Also, when you get hit up for "extra" fees for going to regionals, etc. and you can't get answers on the finances, it also gives one pause.
                          It's also a joke for EDP to dangle USYS Regionals as a perk. MEans little to RI teams. RI teams can enter USYS championship RI level and waltz to Regionals if they want.

Comment

Anyone know which NEFC SE and South Regional teams are going to exist this fall?

Comment

Anyone know which NEFC SE and South Regional teams are going to exist this fall?
                              None.

Comment

None.
                                That is BS. Another Surf coach who thinks they will be bigger than NEFC. Keep dreaming!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X