Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are newer clubs shaping up so far?

Any parents with kids at Surf RI or the new Liverpool Southwest teams?

How are the teams and practices shaping up so far? Any change/improvement compared with your old club (if you came from another one)?

Slow down Surf lover. Starting the morning Surf Stir the Sh*%.
    Don’t lump Liverpool with Surf. Liverpool has been around for years. A solid professional organization. The SW teams started last year and gaining momentum in the area. I’m impressed by the coaching and players. Surf is an issue. They haven’t even started yet. They are still poaching players from other teams. Liverpool never did that. Can’t compare a club like a solid organization like Liverpool to a new Surf/GPS club that hasn’t done anything but cause a lot of negativity on TS and amongst club owners. Bayside, Liverpool, and NEFC are the only relevant clubs in RI.

Comment

Yes agreed this is a fake thread a troll baiting.
      Surf club is using their parents and this forum to constantly try to crush clubs and recruit parents. It says a lot about those who support them. This is why more families are moving their players out of RI. The overall culture of the soccer club world is very toxic. Even this thread was created to now attack another club out of the blue. Surf is sending out parents and followers like little soldiers hoping to tear down each club. First NEFC, then weeks of attacks on Bayside, then Bruno now starting to mention Liverpool.

You can pretend this new thread is just an inquiry but we all know it’s another attempt at trashing a club by innocently posting this morning. Surf is an embarrassment to RI.

Comment

None of it matters when the fall season ends we will all be back in quarantine for the winter and by spring all the clubs will be sued for another season of zoom soccer practices. Clubs won’t survive the year of seasons are cancelled again.

Surf will be a bad dream.

Comment

Why is every thread asking about status of teams a threat? If you're club is practicing and doing well, just say so. Lets leave all of the other BS out of it. Just report on your team and stop with the ****ting on other teams. Just the facts please.

Comment

Nobody’s team is doing anything there are no games. Why are people even asking or reporting such garbage. Dumb. Enough asking about other clubs. Nobody cares about the fake surf predictions THERE ARE NO GAMES TO COMPARE CLUBS!

Comment

This is Surfs main form of marketing, this forum. They will be on this everyday. If you don’t want to hear about Surf you’ll need to find a new forum, until they go under like their buddies at GPS.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                Slow down Surf lover. Starting the morning Surf Stir the Sh*%.
                Not even remotely true. I started the thread, and although my kids play elsewhere, we have several family friends who asked about both these clubs in part due to location. So, I'm really asking. But I'm not interested in people who just want to talk ****. I want to hear if any parents are seeing any positive change compared to where they were before.

Don’t lump Liverpool with Surf. Liverpool has been around for years. A solid professional organization. The SW teams started last year and gaining momentum in the area. I’m impressed by the coaching and players. Surf is an issue. They haven’t even started yet.
                I know that one has been in the region for about a year and the other has just started practices.

They are still poaching players from other teams. Liverpool never did that.
                I don't know if you call it poaching, but my understanding is that Liverpool more or less poached a local town team. Nevertheless if they provide value then I have no problem with it.

Comment

This is Surfs main form of marketing, this forum. They will be on this everyday. If you don’t want to hear about Surf you’ll need to find a new forum, until they go under like their buddies at GPS.
                  Don't think NEFC SE and GPS really needed this forum to recruit players and talent! They had huge turnout at tryouts, so I really doubt they are going under any time soon.

Comment

Don't think NEFC SE and GPS really needed this forum to recruit players and talent! They had huge turnout at tryouts, so I really doubt they are going under any time soon.
                    They had a huge turnout at tryouts??? GPS has ceased to exist as a club period, and if you follow the link that NEFC sent out regarding tryouts, there's no option for Southeast. Has your head really been stuck in the sand for the past month or two? Those two clubs no longer exist in RI.

Comment

They had a huge turnout at tryouts??? GPS has ceased to exist as a club period, and if you follow the link that NEFC sent out regarding tryouts, there's no option for Southeast. Has your head really been stuck in the sand for the past month or two? Those two clubs no longer exist in RI.
                      My point is that Surf is essentially a re-branding of two clubs: NEFC SE and GPS. Which means they have experienced coaches and players from those two teams. They are not newbies that need to rely on a site like this that caters to the base instincts of RI's finest.

Comment

My point is that Surf is essentially a re-branding of two clubs: NEFC SE and GPS. Which means they have experienced coaches and players from those two teams. They are not newbies that need to rely on a site like this that caters to the base instincts of RI's finest.
                        Don't disagree, but not all players from those teams made the switch. I know of strong players that stayed with NEFC and I know of players that left GPS to go to clubs other than Surf, in this case Juventus. The Surf teams will not be just rehashed NEFC/GPS teams, especially if the replacement players aren't at the same level as those that left.

I'll also add that it still remains to be seen what league(s) Surf plays when play resumes and if that league is worth the switch from NEP/NPL or pursuing another club's ECNL/GA, etc.

Comment

I’m so bored with SURF/GPS. Can we please stop talking about a club that hasn’t even played a single game? They are at this point soccer camp equal to Challenger.

Comment

I’m so bored with SURF/GPS. Can we please stop talking about a club that hasn’t even played a single game? They are at this point soccer camp equal to Challenger.
                            It's all soccer camp at this point. Which clubs have played a single game?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X