Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pathway To MLS

When the DA was disbanded I was hoping that the landscaped of US soccer will improve. Can we finally get it right? The announcement of the new MLS League and selected Academies selling The Pathway To The MLS so far seems like it will take another 2 years to see fruition. In the new league, you still have teams that don’t belong talent wise and excelling teams left on the outside hoping to be accepted into this new league. These Academies selling The Pathway To MLS seems like a new marketing scheme to fill their non Academy teams and put more money into programs which took a hit since the pandemic. The Pathway to MLS means little if the MLS teams don’t put there first teams on the field when they playing non MLS teams. How can can these Academy teams measure success if the MLS teams are putting on the field a team like 2006 made up of a majority of 2007 players? I saw on Instagram an Academy listing its player college commitments and laughed because one of the players listed just joined the club and was already signed his commitment to the college. With kids chasing The Pathway to MLS it has kids at tons of tryouts, using teams for free practice and teams acting like they can tell if a kid is talented from a virtual tryout video. It’s pure comedy. Like many, I am excited to see where it all leads to and only wish that these leagues can finally be competitive.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    When the DA was disbanded I was hoping that the landscaped of US soccer will improve. Can we finally get it right? The announcement of the new MLS League and selected Academies selling The Pathway To The MLS so far seems like it will take another 2 years to see fruition. In the new league, you still have teams that don’t belong talent wise and excelling teams left on the outside hoping to be accepted into this new league. These Academies selling The Pathway To MLS seems like a new marketing scheme to fill their non Academy teams and put more money into programs which took a hit since the pandemic. The Pathway to MLS means little if the MLS teams don’t put there first teams on the field when they playing non MLS teams. How can can these Academy teams measure success if the MLS teams are putting on the field a team like 2006 made up of a majority of 2007 players? I saw on Instagram an Academy listing its player college commitments and laughed because one of the players listed just joined the club and was already signed his commitment to the college. With kids chasing The Pathway to MLS it has kids at tons of tryouts, using teams for free practice and teams acting like they can tell if a kid is talented from a virtual tryout video. It’s pure comedy. Like many, I am excited to see where it all leads to and only wish that these leagues can finally be competitive.

Well said!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    Working...
    X