Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Let me spell it out for you. The article is about an incident that took place in Toronto, Canada, a country with government subsidized health care. The poster was using tongue in cheek humor to suggest the incident was related to government subsidized health care. Very simple humor, but obviously over your head.
    Wow, now that you put it together for me like that the logic of the connection is so crystal clear. Very, very funny.

Comment

Let me spell it out for you. The article is about an incident that took place in Toronto, Canada, a country with government subsidized health care. The poster was using tongue in cheek humor to suggest the incident was related to government subsidized health care. Very simple humor, but obviously over your head.
      As the one who posted the comment: yes, exactly.

Who sucked the humor out of the American public?

Comment

As the one who posted the comment: yes, exactly.

Who sucked the humor out of the American public?
        Three guesses. Obama, Reid and Pelosi.

Comment

Whoever posted that comment about the President, Lincoln and Kennedy should be banned from this site forever. It is sickening. You are flat out saying that the President should be assassinated. Actually, you have made a threat against the President and the Secret Service should investigate.

I am going to copy this over and email it to them.

Unbelievable. What does that possibly have to do with youth soccer in Massachusetts?

Comment

Whoever posted that comment about the President, Lincoln and Kennedy should be banned from this site forever. It is sickening. You are flat out saying that the President should be assassinated. Actually, you have made a threat against the President and the Secret Service should investigate.

Unbelievable. What does that possibly have to do with youth soccer in Massachusetts?

That some soccer dads are even crazier than some soccer moms?

Comment

I agree. This was in very poor taste and way over the top. There's no need for that. Keep political differences civil and on the politics thread.

Comment

So someone from the "right" was injecting some humorous sarcasm? You're right, I don't get it. The tie-in to the original post is definitely beyond me. And since you took the time to get in even more shots, what exactly do you think would be going so much better with a different administration? BTW, since some of you are so ultra-sensitive to racism, repeatedly referring to health care reform -- which was a major running point for BOTH parties -- as "ObamaCare" is racist. Everytime someone says it they are trying to communicate a definite image and derogatory inferences.
                So if one refers to the recently passed national health care bill as Obamacare, one is a racist. What are you then if you refer to the state health care bill as Romneycare?

Comment

So if one refers to the recently passed national health care bill as Obamacare, one is a racist. What are you then if you refer to the state health care bill as Romneycare?
                  I've never heard of the latter so I think you've proven the point. Also never saw "a joke" like the one folks want banned about Bush or Romney or Hilary for that matter.

It's actually interesting how many choose to deny racism, especially when it has spiked to incredibly dangerous levels across the country. Article out today about more than 300,000 declaring their "sovereignty" from US and state laws along with the proliferation of hate groups, and Obama election cited as one of chief reasons.

Comment

I've never heard of the latter so I think you've proven the point. Also never saw "a joke" like the one folks want banned about Bush or Romney or Hilary for that matter.

It's actually interesting how many choose to deny racism, especially when it has spiked to incredibly dangerous levels across the country. Article out today about more than 300,000 declaring their "sovereignty" from US and state laws along with the proliferation of hate groups, and Obama election cited as one of chief reasons.
                    Since we are discussing soccer and insanity on this thread, why not bring up the positive role soccer, and all sports, have playing in this country's movement away from racism.
                    Less than 100 years ago, african americans were blocked from participating in professional sports because the caucasian men in power dismissed them as physically inferior. Tell that to your kids. White people thought black people were inferior athletes. They'll look at you like you have two heads. The idea of white people being intellectually superior to any other race on the planet is equally ludicrous.

History always goes two steps forward, one step back. There is always backlash from the people whose world views are being swept away by history. Same as it ever was. Racism is on the wrong side of history. The proliferation of hate groups in this country is the last gasp of a dying world view.

The good news is that soccer and all other team and individual sports in this country have helped lead the way out of this, the ugliest, of our insanities.

Comment

Since we are discussing soccer and insanity on this thread, why not bring up the positive role soccer, and all sports, have playing in this country's movement away from racism.
                      Less than 100 years ago, african americans were blocked from participating in professional sports because the caucasian men in power dismissed them as physically inferior. Tell that to your kids. White people thought black people were inferior athletes. They'll look at you like you have two heads. The idea of white people being intellectually superior to any other race on the planet is equally ludicrous.

History always goes two steps forward, one step back. There is always backlash from the people whose world views are being swept away by history. Same as it ever was. Racism is on the wrong side of history. The proliferation of hate groups in this country is the last gasp of a dying world view.

The good news is that soccer and all other team and individual sports in this country have helped lead the way out of this, the ugliest, of our insanities.
                      I am 100% pasty white caucasian. And while I would acknowledge that we are a less racist society than years ago, it is still embarrasing how prevalent racism is in a society of what is supposed to be "evolved" human beings. There's a long way to go, and we haven't gotten to teh point where anyone should be taking credit for anything.

Comment

I am 100% pasty white caucasian. And while I would acknowledge that we are a less racist society than years ago, it is still embarrasing how prevalent racism is in a society of what is supposed to be "evolved" human beings. There's a long way to go, and we haven't gotten to teh point where anyone should be taking credit for anything.
                        You've got to get "soccer" into your posts, or go over to the politics thread. If you don't, you are going to flush the total crazies out of the bushes here, and this thread really will be about a brand NEW new level of insanity!

Comment

I've never heard of the latter so I think you've proven the point.
                          Proven what point? Maybe you are just ignorant of the fact that it is often referred to as Romneycare. Certainly if Romney runs for president in 2012 you will hear plenty of the term.

Also never saw "a joke" like the one folks want banned about Bush or Romney or Hilary for that matter.
                          This is no joke. Where were you to denounce this?

http://www.zombietime.com/us_out_of_...7/IMG_2393.JPG

Or this?

http://www.nowhampshire.com/2010/08/...n-sarah-palin/

Or how about this?

http://www.thepoliticalcarnival.net/...othy-horrigan/

It's actually interesting how many hypocrites there out there and most of them seem firmly planted on the left.

Comment

Proven what point? Maybe you are just ignorant of the fact that it is often referred to as Romneycare. Certainly if Romney runs for president in 2012 you will hear plenty of the term.

This is no joke. Where were you to denounce this?

http://www.zombietime.com/us_out_of_...7/IMG_2393.JPG

Or this?

http://www.nowhampshire.com/2010/08/...n-sarah-palin/

Or how about this?

http://www.thepoliticalcarnival.net/...othy-horrigan/

It's actually interesting how many hypocrites there out there and most of them seem firmly planted on the left.
                            It took you more than 24 hours to come up with this? This is the best you can do? You expected us to comment on events that weren't raised in this forum? Want me to comment on Ben Quayle too??? Want a 3 page analysis of Palin's constructive work over the past year as a PATRIOT blasting her PRESIDENT (with the only goal to be as destructive as possible) after she walked off her job in Alaska? YOU CHOSE to do this on a soccer forum. I missed the announcement that there was going to be a right-wing rally on T-S. That's the issue.

Yeah, Romney's going to get slammed on health care when he's running as an ultra-right wing republican. Right. What, is Sarah going to paint him as a flaming liberal? To compare "Romneycare" with your insinuating usage of "Obamacare" shows that you are a pure ideologue with no intellect. Are you really able to be that dishonest even with yourself?

Most of the hypocrites are on the left? OK, whatever your say.

All you have demonstrated is that you are a bully, an enraged bully, and a racist bully. As another poster said, you may be part of a painful step backwards, but forward we will nevertheless go.

Comment

Take this stuff to a politics forum will you?

Comment

[QUOTE] All you have demonstrated is that you are a bully, an enraged bully, and a racist bully. As another poster said, you may be part of a painful step backwards, but forward we will nevertheless go.[QUOTE]

I agreed. There is a reason the top colleges in the country are heavily Democrat. Smart people move forward. I wish this throw back would back right out of this thread and into the politics thread. There are lots of scared, angry right wingers waiting there to welcome him.

Boy, this thread sure has been insane!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X