Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    easier to say this than to back it up....So of the millions and millions of kids that start soccer (and in many programs youth soccer starts at 3 and 4 years old) we still have a skill deficit after all this time? I suppose you also have no knowledge of ACTN3?

You can bring an entire army of trainers from france and spain to train the americans starting at 3 and 4 years old but it will not make a difference (well maybe a little bit)....but the us will never, ever, ever win a world cup...ever...The us will never have a fifa ranking higher than top 3 ever....I MEAN NEVER EVER!!!
    Not the OP... Yes, we have a "skill deficit" in comparison to the higher-level soccer nations/cultures that are successful internationally. There is a reason for this, which you allude to in the second part of your post. Youth soccer does have an army of trainers
    from all corners of the globe who come here to teach our kids skills, starting at a very early age. The difference is, in this country, the kids practice these skills 2-3 times a week for 60-90 minutes. The rest of the time they are playing video games, other sports, etc. while kids from other countries are refining their skills by playing every day for hours, often on their own and outside of a formal training environment. This culture does not exist here, and, yes, we will never win a world cup as a result.

In terms of player athleticism, however, the U.S. is not at the same disadvantage. As a result, the U.S. has adopted a style of play that relies on strength, power, and speed to attempt to make up for a general lack of actual ability. You see this on the NT, in MLS, college, all the way down to the youth level, including the DA. In order to win, we have to put the biggest and strongest on the field while smaller, more skilled players are overlooked and underdeveloped.

My son has been a DA player for 3 years, and I have witnessed this firsthand on a weekly basis. Kids are not encouraged to be smart, technical players, but, rather, how to manhandle and physically dominate smaller opponents. This works for a while at the youth level, but the result of trying the same tactics on the international level is yielding predictable results.

Comment

Susa has brought in so many kids on free scholarship this last year. Hear more are coming. Kids that financially don’t need it but they are good players. Complete BS. Worst is when you call them and tell them $3900 is really hard to accept you can see they don’t care at all. Then why give all these new kids FREE and don’t compensate kids that have been at the program?Complete BS!!!
      Awwww.....someone's kid didn't get a scholly. Many clubs operate this way daddy-O. Welcome to youth soccer, where the majority subsidize the minority.

Comment

Awwww.....someone's kid didn't get a scholly. Many clubs operate this way daddy-O. Welcome to youth soccer, where the majority subsidize the minority.
        Free loader. I dont have some other hard working family pay for my kids expenses.

Comment

Free loader. I dont have some other hard working family pay for my kids expenses.
          My kids have a free ride except one time I was out of work - I had to prove the need was there and it was limited to half a year. Much appreciated at the time but once I was working again I was cutting checks. I don't claim my kids are great, but I know how the system works. Better clubs don't need to resort to these tactics because they have more talent coming to them and can afford to be more selective.

You should ask yourself why you're at a club that operates that way. Clearly you're upset by it. there's plenty of other clubs out there. Find one that suits your temperament better.

Comment

Canada 2 USMNT 0

Not the OP... Yes, we have a "skill deficit" in comparison to the higher-level soccer nations/cultures that are successful internationally. There is a reason for this, which you allude to in the second part of your post. Youth soccer does have an army of trainers
            from all corners of the globe who come here to teach our kids skills, starting at a very early age. The difference is, in this country, the kids practice these skills 2-3 times a week for 60-90 minutes. The rest of the time they are playing video games, other sports, etc. while kids from other countries are refining their skills by playing every day for hours, often on their own and outside of a formal training environment. This culture does not exist here, and, yes, we will never win a world cup as a result.

In terms of player athleticism, however, the U.S. is not at the same disadvantage. As a result, the U.S. has adopted a style of play that relies on strength, power, and speed to attempt to make up for a general lack of actual ability. You see this on the NT, in MLS, college, all the way down to the youth level, including the DA. In order to win, we have to put the biggest and strongest on the field while smaller, more skilled players are overlooked and underdeveloped.

My son has been a DA player for 3 years, and I have witnessed this firsthand on a weekly basis. Kids are not encouraged to be smart, technical players, but, rather, how to manhandle and physically dominate smaller opponents. This works for a while at the youth level, but the result of trying the same tactics on the international level is yielding predictable results.

you don't know sh_t and obviously have not learned sh_t in 3 years and you are talking out your _ss and your breath stinks....so you are an expert in kid soccer culture overseas in europe? (but never lived abroad)? guess what? kids in europe have i pads, ipods, tablets playstations in other countries as well.
            Hell you can watch Xavi simmons (arguably the top u15 player in world ) as well as his team mates the interviews are classic and you would sh_t your pants if you find out how many hours/day he spends playing video games....your argument is sh_t.

Comment

My temperament is fine. Work hard and pay for your kids activities. Sure..support youth sports for low income players... absolutely. That does not extend to super-deluxe, overpriced country clubs like Susa. Pay for that yourself.

Comment

Canada 2 USMNT 0

My temperament is fine. Work hard and pay for your kids activities. Sure..support youth sports for low income players... absolutely. That does not extend to super-deluxe, overpriced country clubs like Susa. Pay for that yourself.
                if you are "truely gifted" as an athlete and you can play for free at any club anywhere. I think that is great....but you must "earn it" work harder than anyone else and "earn it".

"success is never owned, it is rented, and the rent is do everyday".

Comment

Acceptance of reality will reduce your stress and anger.

Comment

Acceptance of reality will reduce your stress and anger.
                    I get that you think your player deserves that other pay for him or her. We just have to agree to disagree

Comment

Canada 2 USMNT 0

I get that you think your player deserves that other pay for him or her. We just have to agree to disagree
                      this is classic...the "have nots" always complain about something "not fair".

The smart ones that "have" always say "you can have this too, just "earn" it.

The "have nots" don't want to "earn it" they just want it.

Comment

this is classic...the "have nots" always complain about something "not fair".

The smart ones that "have" always say "you can have this too, just "earn" it.

The "have nots" don't want to "earn it" they just want it.
                        You are over complicating. Some will take a hand out and some will not. Life goes on for both types.

Comment

Canada 2 USMNT 0

You are over complicating. Some will take a hand out and some will not. Life goes on for both types.
                          its not complicated at all and so very true.....so you are saying (by the word "some") that perhaps out of 100 qualified/deserving/athletically gifted people only about 50% of the people that are offered free soccer tuition would not take it?

My guess is that 99% of people would definitely take free tuition. (the 1% is for the one dumb_ss that is in every crowd)....but I think there are more and more dumb_sses out there but that is another topic all together.

Comment

if fundraising or a sponsor is covering my kids coats, fantastic. I would not let another family pay for my kid.

Comment

Canada 2 USMNT 0

if fundraising or a sponsor is covering my kids coats, fantastic. I would not let another family pay for my kid.
                              and hence the 1% dumb_ss has revealed himself...fkg mother theresa on TS!!!!! Hallelujah!!

But don't worry, i don't really think you are a dumb_ss...just royally full of SH_T!!!!!

Comment

and hence the 1% dumb_ss has revealed himself...fkg mother theresa on TS!!!!! Hallelujah!!

But don't worry, i don't really think you are a dumb_ss...just royally full of SH_T!!!!!
                                I donate money to local club fund raisers, I dont take money from other families to pay for my kids overpriced deluxe soccer. No thanks.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X