Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are Stars teams just not as good as they were?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nope. Those kids chose to stay on his team.

When kids are offered to move to Blue they are also offered to keep their spot on White.
    Lol, you just can't help yourself can you.

Comment

SM is keeping is team together like a cult. The top 3 kids on the 06 white team would be the best kids on the blue team. Stars management need to step up and do something about it. Blue team should be the priority and could be a force.
      SM is poison. Glad my kid is not on his team anymore.

Comment

Just reading all these posts about stars and JD. Have to say my child played for stars for 10 years then went on to a great college. Looking back then we thought he was hard an a jerk cause he often spoke his mind whether good or bad. But now she’s in college and I have to say we always say now that he is missed. After seeing all these sally college coaches out there he tops most of them. Always told us that you will never play or see good soccer unless it’s club and he’s soo right! Just our opinion! He should be a college coach, cause he doesn’t put up with any crap!

Comment

Nope. Those kids chose to stay on his team.

When kids are offered to move to Blue they are also offered to keep their spot on White.
          The kids have players choice so the can move teams if they want or stay and many players moved down because they wanted to change positions.

Comment

Just reading all these posts about stars and JD. Have to say my child played for stars for 10 years then went on to a great college. Looking back then we thought he was hard an a jerk cause he often spoke his mind whether good or bad. But now she’s in college and I have to say we always say now that he is missed. After seeing all these sally college coaches out there he tops most of them. Always told us that you will never play or see good soccer unless it’s club and he’s soo right! Just our opinion! He should be a college coach, cause he doesn’t put up with any crap!
            never had him as a coach, but typically my daughter really doesn't care about the yelling. The only way she tunes someone out is if they yell what's wrong, but never instruct what's right. This way, you just hear what's wrong and it's takes time to get the right. So, yell if they f-up, but then tell that what you'd like to see instead.

Do that, and she'll run through a wall for you.

From what I've heard, JD operates that way.

Comment

never had him as a coach, but typically my daughter really doesn't care about the yelling. The only way she tunes someone out is if they yell what's wrong, but never instruct what's right. This way, you just hear what's wrong and it's takes time to get the right. So, yell if they f-up, but then tell that what you'd like to see instead.

Do that, and she'll run through a wall for you.

From what I've heard, JD operates that way.
              Yes, and when mine practices with him she comes away understanding why parents are crazy about getting their kids onto HIS teams. Practices are excellent. She likes a coach who is more engaged during the game though. Say whatever you want about SM but I have seen him pull some crazy stuff during a game that I think is the right move but the scary move. I like that he is willing to go out on a limb and the kids love it.

Comment

Yes, and when mine practices with him she comes away understanding why parents are crazy about getting their kids onto HIS teams. Practices are excellent. She likes a coach who is more engaged during the game though. Say whatever you want about SM but I have seen him pull some crazy stuff during a game that I think is the right move but the scary move. I like that he is willing to go out on a limb and the kids love it.
                SM is nothing but a bully. Can’t teach and won’t teach. Team wins it’s all over social media begging for all the parents he adds to say what a awesome coach he is. If they don’t, kids stay behind he shouts and rants. It’s all their fault. What a guy.

Comment

Putting JD and SM in the same complimentary sentence is one of the wildest things I've ever seen written on this website in the past several years.

SM is the exact opposite of how JD operates. Berating a kid, making fun of them, and telling them they suck is a perfect example of how not to coach.

It's actually a bit offensive reading that post to think some of us are actually stupid enough to believe it.

Comment

Competition dilutes everything. You have to define what you mean by good as well. Im sure Stars will continue to have kids go on to good schools .
                    Where are all the NT girls? Where are all the P5 commits? They use to have their fair share.

Comment

Where are all the NT girls? Where are all the P5 commits? They use to have their fair share.
                      I wouldn't look at it as a lack of talent on Stars negatively, just that other options are out there that are being considered.

I still think the Stars' have the most of the the top players in their organization.

Comment

Putting JD and SM in the same complimentary sentence is one of the wildest things I've ever seen written on this website in the past several years.

SM is the exact opposite of how JD operates. Berating a kid, making fun of them, and telling them they suck is a perfect example of how not to coach.

It's actually a bit offensive reading that post to think some of us are actually stupid enough to believe it.
                        You must have missed all the times JD told kids they were an embarrassment to the club. Um? Berating enough for you?

Comment

I wouldn't look at it as a lack of talent on Stars negatively, just that other options are out there that are being considered.

I still think the Stars' have the most of the the top players in their organization.
                          no different than any other club. all clubs have some talent but Stars use to have top recruits it’s not happening anymore.

Comment

You must have missed all the times JD told kids they were an embarrassment to the club. Um? Berating enough for you?
                            Hey sometimes it’s a positive thing to call out kids. It’s a learning curve that not everything in this world is fairies and pixie dust.

Comment

Hey sometimes it’s a positive thing to call out kids. It’s a learning curve that not everything in this world is fairies and pixie dust.
                              My point was simply that JD is not more fairies and pixie dust than SM. They both scream at kids and hurl insults that are not productive.

Comment

My point was simply that JD is not more fairies and pixie dust than SM. They both scream at kids and hurl insults that are not productive.
                                They differ in two ways:

1) JD will offer the positives

2) JD knows what he's doing

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X