Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No way! DA wouldn't touch most of these girls. Maybe 1-2 of them but that's it. That kickball style is NOT what DA is looking for.
    ^^^^^ Exactly. There is a reason these girls don't play or didn't make a DA team. And it's not because of high school soccer.

Comment

Try outs in November?

Seem legit.

Comment

Doesn't make sense. Are you saying PRIME ECNL girls will move to Inter Miami GDA and then Sunrise Prime keeps it's ECNL license and has to form completely new ECNL teams? So 2 GDA clubs (Weston and Inter Miami) and 1 ECNL club (Sunrise Prime) in Broward/Dade?
        Inter Miami Girls will be ECNL, Prime is staying with the regular team. Inter Miami Girls, will have ECNL Girls tryouts soon.

Comment

I think insinuating more like LAFC ECNL Slammers. Correct?

Keep it ECNL?

Still it buying it.
          Exactly!! Everyone thinks because its an MLS Team, it has to be GDA. No LAFC has ECNL on the girls side. DA is not giving Inter Miami Girls a DA, they are getting ECNL.

Comment

Exactly!! Everyone thinks because its an MLS Team, it has to be GDA. No LAFC has ECNL on the girls side. DA is not giving Inter Miami Girls a DA, they are getting ECNL.
            LAFC is looking to expand into NWSL ASAP. Mia Hamm has said as much in interviews. As soon as that happens Slammers will be DA again and drop ECNL for top team.

Comment

LAFC is looking to expand into NWSL ASAP. Mia Hamm has said as much in interviews. As soon as that happens Slammers will be DA again and drop ECNL for top team.
              Inter Miami getting NWSL, is still a long shot. If that ever happens, then DA would be the option.

Comment

Sunrise Prime just going to hand over ECNL to Inter?

Comment

Inter Miami getting NWSL, is still a long shot. If that ever happens, then DA would be the option.
                  So...why exactly would Inter fund it? Ownership has so much money they would do it for charity?

I doubt that. Sounds to me like Prime ECNL just repackaged as Inter ECNL to me. New jersey.

Comment

So...why exactly would Inter fund it? Ownership has so much money they would do it for charity?

I doubt that. Sounds to me like Prime ECNL just repackaged as Inter ECNL to me. New jersey.
                    NO Inter Miami will never have a profesional womens team

Comment

Sunrise Prime just going to hand over ECNL to Inter?
                      You think Allan can continue funding the ECNL teams and pay the coaches.

Comment

Not saying they will.

If Inter draws like LAFC...maybe they would want one / get one. But certainly can’t imagine that happening any time soon. I’m sure Inter is looking to turn a profit with the men’s side before they invest in a non profitable women’s team.

Which brings me back to the question...why would Inter want or fund a girls program? They won’t.

Comment

You think Allan can continue funding the ECNL teams and pay the coaches.
                          Now that he has absorbed all the Sunrise and Coral Springs teams...yes.

Comment

Agreed.

Atlanta. LAFC will be next women’s franchises.

I could see Orlando moving to Miami, though. That team is poorly supported and their ownership is a mess.

Speaking of Orlando...they have NWSL and “their youth club” is ECNL. The relationship between the two is very loose to non existent, however.

Comment

Any club, or any city, can get NWSL if they can afford to lose money. They would give Inter Miami a team in a heartbeat! The NWSL is support by US Soccer, and the teams bleed money. Supporting an NWSL team is viewed was doing the right thing. Portland is a great example of success, the rest of the league, not so much.

Problem I see will be attendance for the men’s team. People don’t go to any professional sporting events in Miami, add a women’s team, it’s trouble. Just look at Orlando City. OC tried to do the right thing with both the women’s teams and youth programs, but it became way to expensive to do the right thing.

Comment

Any club, or any city, can get NWSL if they can afford to lose money. They would give Inter Miami a team in a heartbeat! The NWSL is support by US Soccer, and the teams bleed money. Supporting an NWSL team is viewed was doing the right thing. Portland is a great example of success, the rest of the league, not so much.

Problem I see will be attendance for the men’s team. People don’t go to any professional sporting events in Miami, add a women’s team, it’s trouble. Just look at Orlando City. OC tried to do the right thing with both the women’s teams and youth programs, but it became way to expensive to do the right thing.
                                Agree with most of this.

I don’t think NWSL franchise would be awarded to just anywhere, however. The league wants viable locations and markets that have a chance. It’s not a good look when franchises move or shut down.

Which is why I see Atlanta and LA being markets that are possibly viable. Good ownership, good brand, strong attendance in those markets.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X