•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lloyd is the new doosh

Apparently she learned from rampinoe.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-s...ime-of-my-life

Fact is she is older, that’s how it works. New, talented players continue to come up and need time as well. She was in a transitional role. Suck it up and brush off your ego.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Fact is she is older, that’s how it works. New, talented players continue to come up and need time as well. She was in a transitional role. Suck it up and brush off your ego.
    You've obviously never dealt with disappointment in your life... Yes, she's older and bummed about playing time, but please don't compare her to Rapinoe. Lloyd is one of the hardest working players out there. But yeah... she's the doosh...

Comment

She’s pathetic. Some players have no self realization and don’t know when the end is near. Bow out gracefully and be grateful to have been a part of it. I just don’t get people like her. It was the worst time of your life playing in every World Cup game, scoring a few goals and winning the championship? Gee, my heart bleeds for you.

Comment

here we go again....

Comment

I see no problem with any of this article. She’s a competitor, one of the best we’ve ever had, and she felt she could contribute in a big way. What’s the problem here?

Here’s what I took away from the article:

“Although vocal throughout World Cup preparations and the tournament itself about her desire to start, Lloyd served as captain without incident. She reiterated in this week's interview with Foudy that her frustration was personal and not a distraction to the team.

"I was super happy for my teammates and happy for Megan [Rapinoe], who put the team on her back, and for several other players," Lloyd said. "It was great to see, and I'm happy that I could still have been a part of it."

Comment

She’s pathetic. Some players have no self realization and don’t know when the end is near. Bow out gracefully and be grateful to have been a part of it. I just don’t get people like her. It was the worst time of your life playing in every World Cup game, scoring a few goals and winning the championship? Gee, my heart bleeds for you.
            exactly. To be honest, she was probably one of the players who bitched about sermanni. The older players didnt like him because he was bringing in younger players and making changes. Same thing those same older hags didnt like about ellis. Bottom line. They worked. Much rather see rose attack then a 40 year old Lloyd the next Olympic games

Comment

You've obviously never dealt with disappointment in your life... Yes, she's older and bummed about playing time, but please don't compare her to Rapinoe. Lloyd is one of the hardest working players out there. But yeah... she's the doosh...
              disappointmented.... sure.....but I dont cry to the media about how I got passed over for someone else when it worked...we won

Would is she suggesting? We would have won by more with her being a starter?

Just accept in and agree to disagree.

Comment

disappointmented.... sure.....but I dont cry to the media about how I got passed over for someone else when it worked...we won

Exactly. Crying like a little girl. She’s a grown woman for heavens sake and she played. She certainly had the choice not to go. If you go, you forfeit the right to complain. Not interested in hearing her whine about how tough it was for her. Give me a break. Great career but Father Time is undefeated. Accept it and move out of the way.

Comment

Do you think anyone would care if you went and cried to the media? Maybe the question was asked as an aging player and she answered with how she felt about the situation. I highly doubt she called anyone to cry to. I'm also sure she's not the only professional athlete to complain about their circumstances. As the article stated, she played with the team without incident for the entire series and didn't distract the team with her pity party. I rather my kid look up to Lloyd than some of her other NT teammates. She plays with heart and has always worked hard to earn a spot on that team. And btw, I don't need to accept anything except the part about agreeing to disagree.

Comment

If she was happy with what transpired, then she would have been just like all of you and your candy-@$$ kids ...... she has been to the top of the mountain and does not accept 2nd best or a relinquished role .... good for her ... it was what made her a top player!!

Blue collar, working class, dirt-dawg: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...-united-states

Never accepting settling or the fate handed to her .... again, why she is one of the top players in the game for past decade.

Comment

If she was happy with what transpired, then she would have been just like all of you and your candy-@$$ kids ...... she has been to the top of the mountain and does not accept 2nd best or a relinquished role .... good for her ... it was what made her a top player!!

Blue collar, working class, dirt-dawg: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...-united-states

Never accepting settling or the fate handed to her .... again, why she is one of the top players in the game for past decade.
                      Clown apologist. She’s over the hill. How about being a team player. If she’s bitching now, I’m sure she had an attitude the entire WC. Sure you want someone who wants to play, but you also want someone who puts the team first. And they WON so Ellis got it right. Enough said. Not interested in hearing her cry how awful it was for her. Pathetic.

Comment

Clown apologist. She’s over the hill. How about being a team player. If she’s bitching now, I’m sure she had an attitude the entire WC. Sure you want someone who wants to play, but you also want someone who puts the team first. And they WON so Ellis got it right. Enough said. Not interested in hearing her cry how awful it was for her. Pathetic.
                        Good, then tell your kid to quit .. she is not the apex soccer player and she is very content .... worthless and will never get farther.

Comment

Good, then tell your kid to quit .. she is not the apex soccer player and she is very content .... worthless and will never get farther.
                          I’ll tell her to work harder if she wants it, but ultimately, it still may not work out and she will need to deal with it. Meanwhile, your kid will be on her 3rd college by junior year.

Comment

Do you think anyone would care if you went and cried to the media? Maybe the question was asked as an aging player and she answered with how she felt about the situation. I highly doubt she called anyone to cry to. I'm also sure she's not the only professional athlete to complain about their circumstances. As the article stated, she played with the team without incident for the entire series and didn't distract the team with her pity party. I rather my kid look up to Lloyd than some of her other NT teammates. She plays with heart and has always worked hard to earn a spot on that team. And btw, I don't need to accept anything except the part about agreeing to disagree.
                            She waited until the coach stepped down to say how unhappy she was. HAd no ballz when the decision was made

Comment

I totally understand Lloyd's sentiment. She's a competitor and competitors want to play. Personally I didn't think that she should have been included on the WC roster but looking back at things she played a lot better than many of the younger players and the woman works her butt off. She's definitely a much better player than the technically inept Mal Pugh and she was more effective than Alex Morgan. Despite all of this, I do feel it's time for her to move on.

One comment Lloyd made in the article:

"I hope a coach comes in that values me, respects me, wants me [as] a part of the Olympic plans," Lloyd said. "There's no question my abilities are there. I'm able to do it. Physically I'm able to do it.

I agree that she is still physically caplabe of playing at a high level but her participation in the Olympics shouldn't even be a discussion. The women's Olympic competition should be like it is for the men - a primarily U-23 event with 3 players allowed to be rostered that are older than that. If that was implemented it would help player development. I never understood why the roster composition for the Olympics is different for men and women.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X