Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    please. my kid has been at club soccer a long time. you think your customers are going to be guilted into coughing up more moola by calling us cheap? hahahaha you have to call us much worse then that and it still wouldn't work.. sorry.
    Stingy? Spendthrift? There are so many synonyms for cheap. I’m not trying to guilt you into anything. I can tell cheapness is the overriding principle in your life. I wouldn’t waste a minute trying to convert you. I’m sure you still have your Communion money.

Comment

Cheap people love to whine.
      I’d much rather be a whiner, than a beggar or a welfare recipient.

Comment

Stingy? Spendthrift? There are so many synonyms for cheap. I’m not trying to guilt you into anything. I can tell cheapness is the overriding principle in your life. I wouldn’t waste a minute trying to convert you. I’m sure you still have your Communion money.
        Feel free to spend yours, and stop asking for mine. You must benefit from the “charity”, to be so defensive about it. Go away, you scammer.

Comment

People that join a soccer club are anything but spendthrift.

Comment

What is communion money? Dont have any and sure would not give it to you for your kids super deluxe soccer expenses if I did.

Comment

I have no problem with tossing a $10-spot to a kitty if it helps out a kid looking to play. If the end result is a player with some skills of future gets to play the game, then that's a good story.

I'd much rather pass a few bucks here or there in something I love then to have the government come in and tell me to do it.

We were raised playing sports selling candy bars and tag days or whatever and saw it in all sports. The only difference is today, you don't see as many kids camped out in front of stores asking for donations and it's done through other means instead.

To qualify for hardship scholarships, it's a pretty big ordeal and there aren't moochers out there like in some things.

I'm all for keeping every dollar to myself and abhor the hand-out culture overall, but have no problem with activity like this. Never have, never will. If I come across something I don't like, I don't donate. Pretty simple.

Comment

As long as the players are getting a free ride from free will donations and not forced fundraising or skimming off of paying families to give free rides, it is fine.

And it is one thing to help out with reasonable soccer as opposed to high end champaign soccer. If you are hungry, I will help you buy food, but not lobster and caviar. That is abusive.

Comment

Starts with n, ends in c
                  NOT TRUE but thanks Soccerthon DAD

Comment

I have no problem with tossing a $10-spot to a kitty if it helps out a kid looking to play. If the end result is a player with some skills of future gets to play the game, then that's a good story.

I'd much rather pass a few bucks here or there in something I love then to have the government come in and tell me to do it.

We were raised playing sports selling candy bars and tag days or whatever and saw it in all sports. The only difference is today, you don't see as many kids camped out in front of stores asking for donations and it's done through other means instead.

To qualify for hardship scholarships, it's a pretty big ordeal and there aren't moochers out there like in some things.

I'm all for keeping every dollar to myself and abhor the hand-out culture overall, but have no problem with activity like this. Never have, never will. If I come across something I don't like, I don't donate. Pretty simple.
                    Selling candy bars and canning in front of the coffee shop, To support a local grassroots sports program, can’t be compared to country club sports organization asking for hand outs.

Comment

NOT TRUE but thanks Soccerthon DAD
                      It’s true.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2578442]Lol. 40 years ago was a different world my friend. I will give a donation equivalent to what they wanted 40 years ago. Probably the equivalent of 20 bucks.

So 40 years ago they wanted $20 which is $65 in today's dollars....

Comment

As long as the players are getting a free ride from free will donations and not forced fundraising or skimming off of paying families to give free rides, it is fine.

And it is one thing to help out with reasonable soccer as opposed to high end champaign soccer. If you are hungry, I will help you buy food, but not lobster and caviar. That is abusive.
                          Exactly. I love to support local, low cost, volunteer run programs, that are equal access. Plus, these groups usually provide something : car wash, food, t shirt, or an actual raffle that you could win, etc. I don’t contribute to high end , exclusive , clubs.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2578754]
                            Lol. 40 years ago was a different world my friend. I will give a donation equivalent to what they wanted 40 years ago. Probably the equivalent of 20 bucks.

So 40 years ago they wanted $20 which is $65 in today's dollars....
                            No. 40 years ago they wanted a few bucks which is equal to 20 bucks today.

If you want to provide high end soccer to a kid, go ahead that great. I have my hands full trying to get my own through it ...sorry. I will help out with lower cost sports charities.

Comment

Selling candy bars and canning in front of the coffee shop, To support a local grassroots sports program, can’t be compared to country club sports organization asking for hand outs.
                              No? You ever get harrassed for Girl Scouts? Boy Scouts?

If the money goes to college scholarships and for funds for kids who can't afford to play for the club, but are otherwise deserving, I have zero problem with it.

And, that's coming from a miserly person who won't give a dime unless I feel it's to a worthy cause.

Comment

No? You ever get harrassed for Girl Scouts? Boy Scouts?

If the money goes to college scholarships and for funds for kids who can't afford to play for the club, but are otherwise deserving, I have zero problem with it.

And, that's coming from a miserly person who won't give a dime unless I feel it's to a worthy cause.
                                I see nothing analogous about the girls scouts and the billions dollar big business high end youth sports industry. When the soccer instruction is from dedicated volunteers and the travel and accommodations are cars and tents instead of airplanes and hotels then we can talk.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X