Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why in the world would a kid coming out of high school want to come to SHU given this scenario?
    Hopefully none, or at least it's limited only to kids who just really, really want SHU for the school and are willing to take the chance with very low expectations. His preferred starters are clear. A few will graduate so either some of the others move up or he's bringing in others. This is a prime example of why it's important to study the roster of schools you're looking at.

Comment

Why in the world would a kid coming out of high school want to come to SHU given this scenario?
      If they’re good players, they’ll want to because they know they’ll play. If they’re weak players, they’ll come to be a part of a program because they won’t have a ton of other options. Pretty simple when you think about it. As for those in between, they’ll either decide to stay because they enjoy it, or they’ll transfer. I don’t imagine the roster will stay that large forever.

Comment

Hopefully none, or at least it's limited only to kids who just really, really want SHU for the school and are willing to take the chance with very low expectations. His preferred starters are clear. A few will graduate so either some of the others move up or he's bringing in others. This is a prime example of why it's important to study the roster of schools you're looking at.
        College rosters are not static, perform in training/game opportunities and you play, it’s quite simple. If you’re a baller it’s not important to “study the roster”, if you can play, then you pick the best school for you and have confidence in yourself that you’ll be on the field.

Comment

If they’re good players, they’ll want to because they know they’ll play. If they’re weak players, they’ll come to be a part of a program because they won’t have a ton of other options. Pretty simple when you think about it. As for those in between, they’ll either decide to stay because they enjoy it, or they’ll transfer. I don’t imagine the roster will stay that large forever.
          Why would a weak player get recruited?

Comment

Because it's SHU. They aren't taking great players

Comment

They had tons of them in the past. Maybe the school likes the numbers? But realistically, what is the difference between 28-40? Only 16-18 kids play on any college team. So whether there are 12 or 24 not playing, what’s the difference? You’re kidding yourself if you think it’s any different at any other school. If you’re not in the top 15, you might as well be number 60.

Comment

Because it's SHU. They aren't taking great players
                Apparently taking better players than UConn.

Comment

The top players will be playing a d contributing to the new found success of the program. The others just like the school and want to be part of the tram. The great thing is that if people aren’t happy with the school or the situation they are in they can transfer. The returning players that did not see much playing time should read the writing on the wall. The women’s soccer program will be a constant in the NEC tournament and kudos to MM & SM on turning it around.

Comment

The top players will be playing a d contributing to the new found success of the program. The others just like the school and want to be part of the tram. The great thing is that if people aren’t happy with the school or the situation they are in they can transfer. The returning players that did not see much playing time should read the writing on the wall. The women’s soccer program will be a constant in the NEC tournament and kudos to MM & SM on turning it around.
                    This message brought to you by CFC. I would be careful about taking a victory lap after one mediocre year. Let see if you can last a whole season without getting suspended.....

Comment

Because they are better than UConn and so are the academics and location. Women’s bball not as good though if you are into that sort of thing

Comment

First thing I thought. If the coach has 20 players sitting on the bench that he thinks are "weak" players, why would he be recruiting more kids to sit on the bench. I doubt he is. Like every other school, he's recruiting kids he hopes can push his current players for playing time. I'm sure that's what he's telling recruits. Now, not sure I'd believe him if I was a player. When you're 3-4 deep at every position, you better be pretty confident you can replace the starter.

Comment

Haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate hate. Just say good job for once. A perennial cellar dweller now contender.

Comment

First thing I thought. If the coach has 20 players sitting on the bench that he thinks are "weak" players, why would he be recruiting more kids to sit on the bench. I doubt he is. Like every other school, he's recruiting kids he hopes can push his current players for playing time. I'm sure that's what he's telling recruits. Now, not sure I'd believe him if I was a player. When you're 3-4 deep at every position, you better be pretty confident you can replace the starter.
                            Agreed. This situation is a red flag for any prospect.

Comment

Any player not playing this year would have to be blind not to see what's coming. They either leave on their own (stop playing or try and transfer), get cut (ouch) or if they're lucky be a practice cone for another year. It's unlikely he's bringing in another big class, but he certainly is bringing in who he thinks (hopes) are higher potential players.

Comment

Any player not playing this year would have to be blind not to see what's coming. They either leave on their own (stop playing or try and transfer), get cut (ouch) or if they're lucky be a practice cone for another year. It's unlikely he's bringing in another big class, but he certainly is bringing in who he thinks (hopes) are higher potential players.

SHU is the Walmart of Di. Just like CFC. Mass production, bloated rosters, money machines. Top 6 or 7 play, the other 25- 35 have fun eating each other alive.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X