Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That’s 18 D1 commits. So their ECNL bench players are D1? Or is that NPL and branch?
    BT - Bucknell
    JL - Colgate (2021)

Comment

Just doing a little research you can find CFC’s
      PM - Ohio St
      CC - Marist
      KL - Michigan
      SG - Sacred Heart
      RS - Penn
      MG - Cornell
      OD - Tampa
      JK - High Point
      ML - Iona
      OK - Sacred Heart
      MG - Babson
      JH - VMI
      CL - UConn
      EM - Georgetown
      NT - Iona
      JH - Bucknell
      KP - Sacred Heart
      KG - Providence
      LP - Delaware
      MN - Sacred Heart

Very impressive list of academic schools. Soccer...not so much

Comment

That’s 18 D1 commits. So their ECNL bench players are D1? Or is that NPL and branch?
        That's CFC 2002 ECNL list. a few of those players played "up" last year so not all were on the same team.

CFC plays equal playing time at the big events. Team was very good, they had a deep talent pool and those kids performed well when coaches were watching. Net result was a lot of D1 commitments

Comment

And if it were a list of "Excellent" soccer schools you would have said they gave up on academics and who would want to get into that convo. I guess no one can ever just be happy

Comment

Very impressive list of academic schools. Soccer...not so much
            Everyone finds their fit my friend. Wasn't G-Town in the final four last year?

Pretty nice (and impressive) list if you ask me?

A lot of talented and hard working kids from across the state on that list. Good for them and nice to see them obtaining their goals.

Comment

Everyone finds their fit my friend. Wasn't G-Town in the final four last year?

Pretty nice (and impressive) list if you ask me?

A lot of talented and hard working kids from across the state on that list. Good for them and nice to see them obtaining their goals.

Well said!!!!!

People are so critical on this forum, but at the end of the day, if the kids are enjoying their play, if they are learning valuable life lessons, and if they are parlaying that into a college experience at after HS, Club or Academy, then all the better. Regardless of where which path they took- Oakwood, CFC, FSA, ACC, Rush, Yankee, Town Travel, Premiere, CJSA, CCSL, EDP, who cares?

Congrats to all the kids on this list. Published or unpublished. Sounds like mission accomplished if you ask me!

Comment

It's a very good list but is also better than usual. That team had a lot of talent. The 2021 list won't be as strong but all will be committed and most likely happy with their choices. In the end that's all that matters

Comment

Well said!!!!!

People are so critical on this forum, but at the end of the day, if the kids are enjoying their play, if they are learning valuable life lessons, and if they are parlaying that into a college experience at after HS, Club or Academy, then all the better. Regardless of where which path they took- Oakwood, CFC, FSA, ACC, Rush, Yankee, Town Travel, Premiere, CJSA, CCSL, EDP, who cares?

Congrats to all the kids on this list. Published or unpublished. Sounds like mission accomplished if you ask me!
                  Excellent post and very well said (except for your incorrect use of premiere, sorry big pet peeve of mine on this site).

Comment

It's a very good list but is also better than usual. That team had a lot of talent. The 2021 list won't be as strong but all will be committed and most likely happy with their choices. In the end that's all that matters
                    CFC 2021 list is like most other clubs so far. The changes in the recruiting timeline are making this a much different year for many HS juniors. Only a few have committed at CFC and many will be waiting through PDA in May

Comment

CFC 2021 list is like most other clubs so far. The changes in the recruiting timeline are making this a much different year for many HS juniors. Only a few have committed at CFC and many will be waiting through PDA in May
                      If that's the case then good. Early recruiting isn't good for anybody. I hope the rules stick.

Comment

Let's be honest. The CFC 2021 list results are talent driven. Look at other states in 2021 and there are lots of kids committed and to many of the same schools that the CFC 2020 crowd are headed to.

Half of the 2021 players would struggle to make the 2020 NPL team at CFC. It's just a tough year in CT for the current junior class. It's well documented.

Comment

Let's be honest. The CFC 2021 list results are talent driven. Look at other states in 2021 and there are lots of kids committed and to many of the same schools that the CFC 2020 crowd are headed to.

Half of the 2021 players would struggle to make the 2020 NPL team at CFC. It's just a tough year in CT for the current junior class. It's well documented.
                          Plus the club has basically walked away from these kids, letting them fend for themselves for recruiting. They only really want to take credits for kids who basically get themselves recruited (see 2020 list posted above). 2021s will struggle to get much going b/c the club isn't helping them.

Comment

Plus the club has basically walked away from these kids, letting them fend for themselves for recruiting. They only really want to take credits for kids who basically get themselves recruited (see 2020 list posted above). 2021s will struggle to get much going b/c the club isn't helping them.
                            Not sure what world you live but the 2020 kids did 90% of the recruiting work themselves. As a group they are very good which meant playing top teams in the events.

This group collectively sent hundreds of emails and between them easily attended over 100 Clinics. Coaches help if there’s an interest. Getting attention from college staff takes countless hours of work and then performing in that stage when the chance arrives.

CFC just provides a platform. Class of 2019 and 2020 kids took advantage.
                            Instead of complaining here, make a plan and attack the showcases and winter clinics. Unless your kid is a superstar it’s all about self promotion

Comment

Not sure what world you live but the 2020 kids did 90% of the recruiting work themselves. As a group they are very good which meant playing top teams in the events.

This group collectively sent hundreds of emails and between them easily attended over 100 Clinics. Coaches help if there’s an interest. Getting attention from college staff takes countless hours of work and then performing in that stage when the chance arrives.

CFC just provides a platform. Class of 2019 and 2020 kids took advantage.
                              Instead of complaining here, make a plan and attack the showcases and winter clinics. Unless your kid is a superstar it’s all about self promotion
                              My kis IS a s superstar so I guess I am good.

Comment

My kis IS a s superstar so I guess I am good.
                                good for you-hope she is older that 12 and that you aren't the only one that thinks she walks on water

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X