Ranked RI HS teams

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

La Salle Athletic Director Ted Quigley referred questions about the video to head soccer coach Mario Pereira. Multiple phone calls and texts Wednesday night and Thursday morning to Pereira went unreturned.

Not surprised..when you think the rules don't apply to you as a coach and your program, why are you surprised when you think your players believe rules don't apply to them?

Great points from the previous posters..yep, connect the dots as to where Mezzanotte graduated and Kavanaugh being on the PCOA..

Wasn't Mezzanotte just on WPRO talking about the need for good sportsmanship..

Comment

I am disgusted by RIIL.

They provide little to no leadership.

Thanks for the press releases about parent side line behavior (which I do agree with)
      but little to NOTHING on this RACIST rant by a few soccer players.

What is the point of having all the players sign a code of conduct?

Comment

Article 12 for student-athletes and sportsmanship

Will win and lose graciously.

You can't win or lose "graciously" until *after* the contest is over..so RIIL wants to hang on the semantics their responsibilities only apply for the period leading up to and immediately after an event? So RIIL has no opinion on kids smoking or drinking as long as it's not during the contest?? Hypocrites..

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Article 12 for student-athletes and sportsmanship

Will win and lose graciously.

You can't win or lose "graciously" until *after* the contest is over..so RIIL wants to hang on the semantics their responsibilities only apply for the period leading up to and immediately after an event? So RIIL has no opinion on kids smoking or drinking as long as it's not during the contest?? Hypocrites..

The video happened in the locker room - was that after the game? Where is RIIL on this?

Has anyone ever called out this organization for its hypocritical behavior? What IS the point of having ALL athletes sign that code of conduct? Truly, I am stunned. I don't think kids are perfect, I think plenty of decent kids can make really stupid mistakes but the lack of learning, and lack of statement to ALL athletes is just missing an opportunity to make our student athletes better. I don't get this either.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            The video happened in the locker room - was that after the game? Where is RIIL on this?

Has anyone ever called out this organization for its hypocritical behavior? What IS the point of having ALL athletes sign that code of conduct? Truly, I am stunned. I don't think kids are perfect, I think plenty of decent kids can make really stupid mistakes but the lack of learning, and lack of statement to ALL athletes is just missing an opportunity to make our student athletes better. I don't get this either.
            Actually someone took RIIL to the AG to complain RIIL meetings should be subject to OMA and to APRA..and the AG ruled with RIIL..

PR 18-16 Boynton v. Rhode Island Interscholastic League – No Violation

The Complainant alleged that the RIIL failed to respond to his requests for documents. The RIIL maintained that they are not a "public body" under the APRA. In determining whether the RIIL is a "public body" pursuant to the APRA, we found that the RIIL is not "acting on behalf of and/or in place of" a governmental entity. R.I. Gen. Laws § 38-2-2(1). Indeed, no evidence was presented that any school committee has expressly delegated any services to the RIIL.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X