D1 Men's Soccer in New England

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen them all play and at this stage it looks to me like UNH, BC, Providence and Dartmouth are the best local teams this season, in that order.

Comment

Providence

When Prov and UNH squared off , Prov outshot UNH 17-4. Prov in the next game against URI ,they out shot URI 21-6 in another loss. Their game vs BC was a scrimmage - anyone there would agree Prov dominated.

said differently ,they are a goal challenged team - but in the mix with the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I've seen them all play and at this stage it looks to me like UNH, BC, Providence and Dartmouth are the best local teams this season, in that order.
        Pitt 2 BC 0

Comment

When Prov and UNH squared off , Prov outshot UNH 17-4. Prov in the next game against URI ,they out shot URI 21-6 in another loss. Their game vs BC was a scrimmage - anyone there would agree Prov dominated.

said differently ,they are a goal challenged team - but in the mix with the best.
          I have to agree, Prov outplayed uhh and uri but in the end could not score. That’s the way the ball bounces!

Comment

I have to agree, Prov outplayed uhh and uri but in the end could not score. That’s the way the ball bounces!
            Where’s Julián Gressel when you need him?

Comment

Of the 5 players scoring multiple goals for PC, 2 are transfers and 2 are internationals. Not sure how the chemistry is.

Comment

Of the 5 players scoring multiple goals for PC, 2 are transfers and 2 are internationals. Not sure how the chemistry is.
                I think the chemistry is good, but the post has not been their friend.

Comment

Looking at the two transfers, the stats say their shot % over the long haul hovers around .1 with a SOG % less than .3.
                  When you look at stud forwards, the numbers tend to be .25 to .3, and .5 plus, respectively. So you have acquired some rather inaccurate shooters.

Comment

BC

Down to Va Tech 1-0 Second Half

Is BC going to win an ACC game this season? I say not.

Comment

Ends 2-2

JK pulls out the point on a goal with seconds left.

Comment

Well, with 3 starters missing and down to ten men in the first half BC pulled off a 2-2 tie. NEFC's Joe Kellet got the PK and the tie goal.

Comment

Well, with 3 starters missing and down to ten men in the first half BC pulled off a 2-2 tie. NEFC's Joe Kellet got the PK and the tie goal.
                          Sorry, BC's first goal was from Lasse Lehmann as he one-timed a ball off a corner from Amos Shapiro-Thompson. Kellett got the tie and NEFC's Christian Garner made five saves.

Comment

BC 0 Merrimack College 0 in OT Good game.

Comment

BC 0 Merrimack College 0 in OT Good game.
                              Why can't ED put a good BC team together? BC should be able to pick the best players in New England. Will BC be last place in the ACC? Sad, maybe it is time to retire.

Comment

NEU 1 Hartford 1 2OT

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X