Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Agreed. But when they played Stanford 2-1 (loss); UVA 2-1 (loss); (WI, Rutgers and MI are now ranked) they were in every one of those games. Not their dream season, but the most dangerous team is the one that is clicking at the end of the season.
    Did you watch the uva game? The score flattered PSU. I agree that tournaments favor who hits form at the right time.

Comment

Lol. Then why isn't she scoring now. Her low number of points speaks to her being rather pedestrian. True top level players find a way to elevate those around them and get the job done.
      Hahahaha. You are talking about a team of zombies.
      But, even a top level player can't make a player that shouldn't be on the field (due to lack of skill and/or heart) vs #1 team, better. That's the job of a coach.

Comment

They should get into Big East, CAA or AAC. Then they may have a shot at league champs.
        They don't care about league championships. There is way too much TV dough flowing in from football and men's bball. The rest of the sports are there for fodder. If there is anything that colleges are addicted to, it's cash inflow. Gulp gulp gulp.

Comment

They don't care about league championships. There is way too much TV dough flowing in from football and men's bball. The rest of the sports are there for fodder. If there is anything that colleges are addicted to, it's cash inflow. Gulp gulp gulp.
          Can't some of their teams get into a league without an entire school? Btw - Big East b-ball is pretty lucrative too.

Comment

Can't some of their teams get into a league without an entire school? Btw - Big East b-ball is pretty lucrative too.
            https://www.therichest.com/sports/th...-tv-contracts/

1 ACC - ESPN/Raycom - $3.6 billion - $240 million per year
            The Atlantic Coast Conference has a deal that runs through 2024 to get more of its games on ESPN as well as networks attached to the Raycom Sports system. This includes full rights to the ACC men's basketball championship. The value was adjusted from ESPN's old $100 million-per-year deal thanks in part to Pittsburgh, Louisville and Syracuse joining the conference, with Notre Dame also joining in for all sports outside of football.

7 Big East - Fox - $500 Million - $41.6 Million Per Year
            The Big East landed a large basketball coverage deal with Fox in 2012. This twelve-year deal worth $500 million will allow Fox the right to cover games on Fox Sports 1 and other Fox-branded networks. The contract is relatively low in value because the Big East is a basketball-heavy conference with no football programs. However, the total value of the contract could increase by $100 million if two more programs enter in the future.

Comment

https://www.therichest.com/sports/th...-tv-contracts/

The value was adjusted from ESPN's old $100 million-per-year deal thanks in part to Pittsburgh, Louisville and Syracuse joining the conference, with Notre Dame also joining in for all sports outside of football.
              Funny that BC wasn't a factor...lol

Comment

Did you watch the uva game? The score flattered PSU. I agree that tournaments favor who hits form at the right time.
                I did see that uva game and agree PSU were on their heels most of the game, but kept it close and tied it up late, only to give up the winner seconds later.
                Agree, for whatever reason season didn't start well for them, but none of that matters if you put it together in the playoffs.

Comment

I did see that uva game and agree PSU were on their heels most of the game, but kept it close and tied it up late, only to give up the winner seconds later.
                  Agree, for whatever reason season didn't start well for them, but none of that matters if you put it together in the playoffs.
                  I think the "me" kids are learning to play as a "we."

Comment

I think that's more than half the battle with girls.

Comment

I think that's more than half the battle with girls.
                      True that. On all teams and in all leagues.

Comment

I think they are just playing weaker competition.

Comment

I think they are just playing weaker competition.
                          That is also true. I like watching PSU, have seen a few games, but there's no denying the last 6 were weaker teams. They definitely have potential, but seem to always make a few costly mistakes. Put up or shut up time now.

Comment

Talking soccer

PC losing by 3!! OMG SL what are you doing out there??? So embarrassing for the girls!!

Comment

PC= Choke , coach is complete moron

Comment

Once again SL blows another big east season with a little luck they will make play offs and they will lose because he has no clue. Feel bad for players that to deal with him and his hissy fits. Instead of buying sneakers invest in coaching lessons

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X