Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    China no longer accepts our recyclables and has not since January of 2018.
    Dumped in the ocean to wash ashore near you in the belly of some sea creature.

Comment

My goodness has this thread jumped the shark.
      It's actually a topic far more important that adult men yammering on about women's college soccer.

Comment

And if there's nothing to it, why so many brilliant people sounding the alarm? You truly believe the temp rising a few more degrees over the next 10-25 years doesn't have consequences? What do the truly smart people begging for intervention get out of their so-called lies? What's motivating Gov Jay Inslee?
        Money... government and UN grants to research climate change. Wall St clamoring to be middle men for carbon credits, then there is the race to see which democratic candidate can outdo the others to be "the greenest". Why? Because in the primaries, no one cares about the moderates, just the loons at the margins as they are the loudest... at the end of the day, Climate Change is an excuse to take: money, power, freedom, whatever.

Truly smart people don't buy into the "human caused CO2 causes global climate change because climate has warmed over the last 150 years". Climate has changed, dramatically, over millions of years. We've had multiple mass extinctions. Why? You think every one over the last 100 million years was a large meteor strike? CO2 is a lagging indicator. Climate changes. Species die or adapt. The Earth rebalances and goes on. Too much of something and it will eventually rebalance itself.

Go back and watch "An Inconvenient Truth" and write down every time someone says we have X amount of time. Then do the math and see where we are today vs. then. The models are wrong. The science is wrong. At one point people thought the Earth was flat and the Sun orbited the Earth... until they were proven wrong. Same goes for Climate Change. In the 70's it was "Beware the next Ice Age". Then in the 80's and 90's it was "Beware Global Warming", until temperatures weren't rising fast enough (or at all), then it became "Beware Global Climate Change". Convenient that our climate is always changing and of course it is impossible to refute "This hurricane or that tornado or this flood or that drought was caused by climate change".

Comment

And if you're wrong and 95% of real scientists are right?

Comment

And if you're wrong and 95% of real scientists are right?
            I'm going with the scientists. If they're wrong all that happens is we have a healthier environment. Gee, how terrible that would be. If they're right, our kids and grandkids are phuked.

Comment

I'm going with the scientists. If they're wrong all that happens is we have a healthier environment. Gee, how terrible that would be. If they're right, our kids and grandkids are phuked.
              Exactly. Next our pseudo-intellectual conservative from Russia will defend possession of "weapons of war." And tell us that the NRA is actually a bunch a great guys.

Comment

Too many people living longer ,resources unsustainable for the rate of population growth .

Comment

There are some here who were former D1 athletes themselves who’ve been through the drill themselves. The academic advisors handle the issues you seem concerned with. They generally just don’t schedule labs on days when the team likely practices and if they must the professor at the start of the term the days the athlete will miss. There is actually a paper process similar to the one used by normal students for excuses absences. The big difference between the top and bottom D1 schools is the amount of money the schools put into their athletic programs. That’s what buys all of these services. That said even at the lowest levels of D1 they generally have quite good supports because it’s driven by the NCAA rules.
                  FALSE. My daughter absolutely could not get to certain classes/labs due to practices. How would this guy know about support at 'even the lowest levels of D1'. 100% sure there are some majors that athletes cannot do unless taking summer classes. Certainly not claiming this is true for all schools but at schools my kid was looking.If,as a parent, you really care, go ask players at schools not some dude who claims to know everything about all schools.

Comment

She loves soccer and is one of the best players on her U-10 club team. Looking over the college placements...
                    Maybe she can become a psychiatrist and cure you.

Comment

FALSE. My daughter absolutely could not get to certain classes/labs due to practices. How would this guy know about support at 'even the lowest levels of D1'. 100% sure there are some majors that athletes cannot do unless taking summer classes. Certainly not claiming this is true for all schools but at schools my kid was looking.If,as a parent, you really care, go ask players at schools not some dude who claims to know everything about all schools.
                      Interesting, at my daughters school the players took those classes during the summer. They were all down at the school training anyways.

Comment

Maybe she can become a psychiatrist and cure you.
                        Incurable.

Comment

Incurable.
                          An incurable epidemic.

Comment

I hear MIT has a good STEM program and decent soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X