CCC is for me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, garbage schedule top seeding wait if you said CCC boys last year wasn't that Glastonbury? if it was SCC last year it would be Xavier.

Comment

Girls- Glastonbury 1 Farmington 0. Glastonbury's A.A. scored the only goal early in the second half. Farmington hit the crossbar twice on long range attempts from outside the box and with a little better luck could have easily gotten a draw. Looking forward to the rematch.

Surprising that a team that played Glastonbury (which previously won two CCC games against pretty good opposition by 5 goal margins) that close also dropped points against Bristol Eastern in an opening game draw, conceding twice in the process.

Glastonbury looks very strong going forward, but can also be vulnerable to counterattacks. The new keeper saved two one on one chances in the Berlin and Tolland games (one ended up being a weaker shot on target) but is still relatively untested in really big games.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        You had me until you said Wilton was one of the better Fciac teams. Top half yes, but not top 25 percent.
        When you combine Wilton finishing in the top half of FCIAC with the fact they were able to eliminate St. Joe's in states, I think that was a pretty significant win for Simsbury LY.

Comment

When you combine Wilton finishing in the top half of FCIAC with the fact they were able to eliminate St. Joe's in states, I think that was a pretty significant win for Simsbury LY.
          Last year STJ didn’t make the fciac finals and got bounced early by a mid table fciac team in states. I wouldn’t use them as a benchmark for whether other fciac teams are good or not for 2018.

Comment

Earlier this week, Glastonbury scored two late goals in the final ten minutes to avoid what would have been a major upset against Avon. Avon's goal came midway through the second half when a Glastonbury centerback slipped while on the ball at midfield letting the Avon forward clean through on goal with everyone else for Glastonbury upfield. She snuck it past the onrushing keeper to give them a shock lead. Before then, Avon had one other decent chance (suspicion of offside.) The winner for GHS came with just under 2 minutes left and although it was against a team they were expected to beat, it was still a dramatic moment and if it had ended in a draw many would have questioned their credentials going forward.

Comment

Lewis Mills picked up their first signature win as a member of the conference by knocking off Berlin 3-1.

Comment

Lewis Mills picked up their first signature win as a member of the conference by knocking off Berlin 3-1.
                Signature win by beating Berlin? hahaha .... welcome from the small pond.

Comment

Signature win by beating Berlin? hahaha .... welcome from the small pond.
                  But that's the point. All of their wins the last few years came against Class M and Berkshire League competition so many people still doubted their credentials heading into this season. The three strongest CCC teams on their schedule are Simsbury, Berlin and then Farmington next week. They drew against Simsbury in the opener which was a solid result but of course not a win so getting the win at the second time of asking against one of the strongest teams on their schedule is for them, yes a signature win.

Comment

Berlin is 3-2-1 and lost to GHS 5-0. Hardly signature.

Comment

What happened to Glastonbury beating Rocky Hill only 1-0 on Friday? In my opinion, too many close calls against middle table teams to consider Glastonbury a contender in LL this year.

Comment

Berlin is 3-2-1 and lost to GHS 5-0. Hardly signature.
                        Berlin’s main scorer from last year is out for the season due to
                        Injury, so I’m sure it changes their storyline this year.

Comment

What happened to Glastonbury beating Rocky Hill only 1-0 on Friday? In my opinion, too many close calls against middle table teams to consider Glastonbury a contender in LL this year.
                          Did Glastonbury beat Farmington last night?

Comment

Did Glastonbury beat Farmington last night?
                            It was postponed due to weather- some rain but I'm guessing it was mainly because of the heavy winds in the area. Hasn't been determined yet when it will be rescheduled to but it's not today from what I hear. Shame because I wanted it to be on Halloween night, but it's ironic because way back when GHS first won the state championship, Halloween was cancelled because of weather (snow in that case) so maybe it's actually a good omen for us.

Guess Saturday and Monday are the only other options for when to play the game, and it has to be played because of the seeding implications for both teams for states.

Comment

Glastonbury-Farmington was moved to this upcoming Thursday 11/7. Initially thought that date was too close to when the pairings for states are released to be a possibility, but apparently it was the only option.

Comment

The Logical Voice

Glastonbury-Farmington was moved to this upcoming Thursday 11/7. Initially thought that date was too close to when the pairings for states are released to be a possibility, but apparently it was the only option.
                                All regular season games played through 11/7 are able to count for CIAC post-season seedings. Stated clearly on their website.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X