Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can someone please tell me what is being argued here and what the problem is?
    This thread is all over the place.
    I am trying to ask the parents to list the reasons why they like the 06 FC BUCKS ECNL coach.

That’s really all.

Comment

I am trying to ask the parents to list the reasons why they like the 06 FC BUCKS ECNL coach.

That’s really all.
      Really...That is what this entire thread is about? And you just want to know what people like about a coach?

Comment

Really...That is what this entire thread is about? And you just want to know what people like about a coach?
        ...sorry ... and how do you even know it will be a parent of this team commenting back to you?

Comment

From what I have gathered from reading this thread is that it the parents of the team who are on here. So I decided to ask, a couple hours ago, why they like their coach, and to list the reasons. I thought maybe they could stop the trash talk and lift this team up by highlighting the good.

Comment

...sorry ... and how do you even know it will be a parent of this team commenting back to you?
            Sadly, sir, I have my answer as it’s been a few hours now and no one has to come his defense. With real compliments. Oh well.

Comment

Sadly, sir, I have my answer as it’s been a few hours now and no one has to come his defense. With real compliments. Oh well.
              I'm a fan of the the ecnl and rl teams. Great teams and kids. That is some positive stuff to lift the teams up for you.

Comment

I'm a fan of the the ecnl and rl teams. Great teams and kids. That is some positive stuff to lift the teams up for you.
                I also think both teams (ecnl and rl) have great players and coaches.
                Keep up the good work girls!

Comment

Thank you for your response. Please tell me what about the coaches are great.

Comment

Nice people, hard working, treat the girls well.

Comment

The coaches and club are good enough for some kids to stay, but the focused players will leave, like the rest of the top players have been doing the past 4 or so years. This isn’t a town team it’s an ECNL club. Uncommitted coach, Dad coach and unqualified DOC. Nobody thinks this situation is good but those that are just keeping their heads above water.

Comment

The few people that are happy on this team are the ones that are buddies with BB. They recruit with him, drink with him and influence him as to the positions and play time that is best for their kids but not necessarily for the team.
                        BB’s buddies kids get way more play time than their abilities, work ethic and results warrant. His buddies kids primarily play offense and midfield - we only scored 5 goals during the 8 game ECNL season - and none of those goals scored were by BB’s buddies kids - despite the fact that two of them play offense the entire game.

So yes those players parents are happy, because they are friends with BB.

Comment

Thank you for your response. Please tell me what about the coaches are great.
                          Here is the lowdown on Coach RF. Brilliant soccer mind. Very successful at the H.S. level at a private school where he can recruit and choose the best soccer players without the same geographic limitations that public H.S.'s must face. Players come to Villa fully developed by other coaches and clubs.

RF's communication skills are poor at best. There is zero communication between him and player's parents. I know there is an argument to made that he only needs to communicate with players. But the parents are the ultimate customers who are shelling out thousands of $$$$ for his services, and the reality is, those parents want to hear something from the coach.

There is almost next to no direct 1:1 communication between RF and his players. No feedback is ever given. No development plans.

Questions about RF's commitment to his club team are valid. It is true that he has missed several practices, games and tournaments and routinely shows up late to those he is at. I also believe that his reliance on BB (aka the Dad Coach) is another indication that he is not fully committed. RF does not have an assistant coach at Villa, and judging by his success, he does not need one. So it is a fair question to ask why he needs one at the club level. The only logical conclusion one can draw is that RF relies on BB to compensate for his lack of commitment and ability to properly communicate. I think some parents and the kids like BB because he is doing the things they expect a coach to do and he is nice when compared to RF.

Comment

Here is the lowdown on Coach RF. Brilliant soccer mind. Very successful at the H.S. level at a private school where he can recruit and choose the best soccer players without the same geographic limitations that public H.S.'s must face. Players come to Villa fully developed by other coaches and clubs.

RF's communication skills are poor at best. There is zero communication between him and player's parents. I know there is an argument to made that he only needs to communicate with players. But the parents are the ultimate customers who are shelling out thousands of $$$$ for his services, and the reality is, those parents want to hear something from the coach.

There is almost next to no direct 1:1 communication between RF and his players. No feedback is ever given. No development plans.

Questions about RF's commitment to his club team are valid. It is true that he has missed several practices, games and tournaments and routinely shows up late to those he is at. I also believe that his reliance on BB (aka the Dad Coach) is another indication that he is not fully committed. RF does not have an assistant coach at Villa, and judging by his success, he does not need one. So it is a fair question to ask why he needs one at the club level. The only logical conclusion one can draw is that RF relies on BB to compensate for his lack of commitment and ability to properly communicate. I think some parents and the kids like BB because he is doing the things they expect a coach to do and he is nice when compared to RF.
                            Thank you. I am hoping someone will counter this some specifics to highlight the strengths and positives coach finneyfrock offers their kids. It shouldnt be so hard and yet all I am getting is “he’s a great coach, good to the players, nice people.”

If you were asked by an outsider who is coming your team for the first time, *besides* the ECNL attractiveness, what would you tell them about what you *like about the coach.
                            Thank you. I’m really trying to help you.

Comment

Thank you. I am hoping someone will counter this some specifics to highlight the strengths and positives coach finneyfrock offers their kids. It shouldnt be so hard and yet all I am getting is “he’s a great coach, good to the players, nice people.”

If you were asked by an outsider who is coming your team for the first time, *besides* the ECNL attractiveness, what would you tell them about what you *like about the coach.
                              Thank you. I’m really trying to help you.
                              I’ll give you one - because RF is checked out he lets BB call the shots and run the show thereby ensuring my kid gets lots of play time bc I’m buddies with BB.

We get BB’s unlicensed, unqualified version of put your head down and dribble through everyone rather than RF’s A licensed experienced version of soccer - you know the one we actually pay for .

So the benefits of RF to some are the fact that he is checked out and let’s the dad coach run the show,

Comment

I’ll give you one - because RF is checked out he lets BB call the shots and run the show thereby ensuring my kid gets lots of play time bc I’m buddies with BB.

We get BB’s unlicensed, unqualified version of put your head down and dribble through everyone rather than RF’s A licensed experienced version of soccer - you know the one we actually pay for .

So the benefits of RF to some are the fact that he is checked out and let’s the dad coach run the show,
                                Sadly it all comes back to BB and how this team was formed. While everyone on this team is a decent soccer player, there are some girls who might not have made this team had it been formed properly with fair and open tryouts. Likewise there are some girls on this team who receive playing time and play positions - not based on their skill, but based on their relationship to BB. This includes BB himself and his daughter. These are the folks who will lie to you and tell you that everything is great. It is called self preservation. These people know that once the truth is out there and once a change happens and BB and RF are removed, then their precious little Mia's will have to fend for themselves to both earn a spot on the team and earn their positions and playing time.

If you are considering joining this team, come to some games in the Spring and some practices. Talk to the parents. Learn who their kids are. Watch how they play. Watch who plays where. Watch who gets the most playing time. It wont take you very long to put two and two together and learn who is feeding you bull**** because they are in self preservation mode and who is telling you the truth and wants this team to get better and live up to its potential.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X