Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Where exactly are those greener pastures in your opinion? Serious question.
    Vale soccer

Comment

Considering my son is leaving OW, I would not agree.
      Time for greener pastures
      Lol. Because your son is leaving doesn’t make them a top boys club? Hilarious.

Comment

We’ve been communicating with a MLS club regarding my son moving to their club, however they can not give us details what this new league will look like. At this point, he is a good player but small for a 15 year old. He wants to go to college If some new details on this league do t come out soon, we will be forced to move to FSA and bypass the free tuition

Comment

I think the posters point is Oakwood is not the destination club they purport to be. Especially if people choose to leave rather than stay; regardless of talent level.

Comment

I think the posters point is Oakwood is not the destination club they purport to be. Especially if people choose to leave rather than stay; regardless of talent level.
            Is there a destination boys club in the State of CT?

Comment

Is there a destination boys club in the State of CT?
              Yes, Boy Scouts

Comment

Never saw that, looks like they were referring to DA (not GDA) which was true at that time. If this was a GDA pyramid; then I would be very concerned.
                Not sure, they're touting both boys and girls DA in their slides. Very pompous of them to actually put that in a public presentation. Its even more concerning that they believed it.

Comment

Oakwood has some revising to do. A couple logo changes, some word smithing, but it will be most painful when they have to swap the pyramid tiers (slide 9) and move CFC and FSA above GAL. It was misinformation in the past but now they have no choice.

https://74060a8a-833a-4a70-95fb-058a...dcfe3bb06e.pdf
                  Slide 14 very curious. $40M to develop players and clubs? They posted a year in advance the financial basis for their own demise.

Comment

Not sure, they're touting both boys and girls DA in their slides. Very pompous of them to actually put that in a public presentation. Its even more concerning that they believed it.
                    Yeah; it’s a steaming load

Comment

We’ve been communicating with a MLS club regarding my son moving to their club, however they can not give us details what this new league will look like. At this point, he is a good player but small for a 15 year old. He wants to go to college If some new details on this league do t come out soon, we will be forced to move to FSA and bypass the free tuition
                      Don't be surprised if he doesn't make FSA ECNL team.

Comment

I double-dog dare them to put GAL over ECNL in their next pyramid

Comment

Don't be surprised if he doesn't make FSA ECNL team.
                          FSA doesn't do "small for his age". They do big and athletic, being able to play is secondary

Comment

FSA doesn't do "small for his age". They do big and athletic, being able to play is secondary
                            They are good on the boys side. I think they are the best boys club in the state .... I just dont understand how their girls side could be so bad! S+ coaches I guess.

Comment

They are good on the boys side. I think they are the best boys club in the state .... I just dont understand how their girls side could be so bad! S+ coaches I guess.
                              Most of them are gone, as well as any players. It started to slide the minute FSA took over

Comment

Most of them are gone, as well as any players. It started to slide the minute FSA took over
                                What? On the girls side they are all still there running it. As for sliding, not sure you quite understand how bad S+ teams were to be forced into said "merger" ..... They were just about as bad as they are today.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X