Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 3 > Florida

Notices

Florida Discussions about Florida soccer.

View Poll Results: How of you would or would not
Would stay if the DOC, HT, and AB were removed 134 36.22%
Would come back if DOC, HT and AB were removed. 128 34.59%
Would not stay, are leaving regardless 232 62.70%
Would never come back 149 40.27%
Will attend next open BOD meeting 130 35.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 370. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2013
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
wp has to pay the ridiculous salary to the doc. since he has taken over have our teams improved? can someone tell me what he does?
http://www.palmbeachpremier.com/club/coaches/
Old 11-14-2013
Unregistered

Quote:
wp has to pay the ridiculous salary to the doc. since he has taken over have our teams improved? can someone tell me what he does?
Looking at the website, he seems to be the fundraising king. Is a portion of his salary tied into how much monies the kids and their parents collect?
Old 11-14-2013
Unregistered

More like the funds draining king
Old 11-14-2013
Unregistered

Default raffle

Quote:
Paid by whom? Please let the BOD try to charge the parents for "unsold tickets". Several parents have already contacted legal people in the event the club thinks for one second they can charge any parent for unsold tickets. They have no legal and binding contract stating clearing that each parent has to sell the tickets. It was their stupid idea to conduct a "club raffle", and then a more brilliant idea to charge their own members a "garage sale rental fee".
club raffles happen in every club. Its not like its the first time a club ever does a raffle. If one parent thinks "oh im not going to sell any tickets" imagine if 2-3 kids parents decide to do that from each team?
it could be a great loss money wise for the raffle. Its only common sense, if you don't sell all of the tickets that you had, in the 2 months or more they had to sell them. Then you pay the remaining value. Im not even a parent and I understand it.
Old 11-14-2013
Unregistered

Quote:
club raffles happen in every club. Its not like its the first time a club ever does a raffle. If one parent thinks "oh im not going to sell any tickets" imagine if 2-3 kids parents decide to do that from each team?
it could be a great loss money wise for the raffle. Its only common sense, if you don't sell all of the tickets that you had, in the 2 months or more they had to sell them. Then you pay the remaining value. Im not even a parent and I understand it.

The club had every opportunity to sell raffle tickets at the West Pines Tournament no?

Parents do not have to pay it is illegal for a 501-3c to "force" anyone to fund raise for a non profit. I am laughing at the club if they are gonna gets parents to pay.
Old 11-15-2013
Unregistered

If west pines can legally charge me $100 for not selling all my raffle tickets and that's a big if, they better provide me with $100 worth of raffle tickets after they charge me!
Old 11-15-2013
Unregistered

well that is the point, they dont actually expect 90% of the families to sell tickets, but to but the tickets themselves, a not so hidden fee. The garage sale on the other hand is a laugher. Saw they were dropping prices for a booth, not much interest there I expect.
Old 11-16-2013
Unregistered

Chargers Soccer Club do the same thing. Even on the Rec. side. It is a big cash cow. They include it in there registration.
Old 11-16-2013
Unregistered

Quote:
well that is the point, they dont actually expect 90% of the families to sell tickets, but to but the tickets themselves, a not so hidden fee. The garage sale on the other hand is a laugher. Saw they were dropping prices for a booth, not much interest there I expect.
All clubs have fundraisers
The question u should be asking is what is wp going to do with the funds they receive for the raffle
Stop complaining
Go cheer for your kid
Old 11-16-2013
Unregistered

Parents should not be FORCED to fund raise for another team. Supposedly the money raised goes to u16 and u17 to enter tournaments. If the u16/u17 want to enter tournaments they should fund raise the $ needed. Why should all parents and players be working for them? Last year the U16 girls didn't even sell their allotted tickets yet got more than $6000 from the rest of our hard work. This is a fact shared by a parent on last yrs team, how is that right?

U12 boys raised enough $ on their own to go to Columbia. This is how it should be!!

If WP wants these teams to go to these tournaments maybe they should fund the trip not do it on the backs of the rest of the players and parents.
Closed Thread

Tags
college, college recruiting, college soccer, soccer, tryouts