Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 3 > Florida

Notices

Florida Discussions about Florida soccer.

View Poll Results: OC / FKK - Time to Move On?
Time to move on - Sick of the hate 107 93.86%
Don't try to control me and my opinions!! 7 6.14%
Voters: 114. This poll is closed

Old 02-02-2011
Unregistered

Default DOC and soccer club's money

Should the soccer club's DOC also be incharge of club's money ? Is my sons soccer club
the only one like this ?
Old 02-02-2011
Unregistered

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Should the soccer club's DOC also be incharge of club's money ? Is my sons soccer club
the only one like this ?
The BOD should have a Treasurer or even better a Treasury Committee
Old 02-02-2011
Unregistered

Quote:
Should the soccer club's DOC also be in charge of club's money ? Is my sons soccer club the only one like this ?
I don't know - to which club does your son belong?

If the club is structured such that the DOC handles all the money, then so be it. Everyone makes their own choice as to which club they join and pay fees, etc.

Personal experience: chose NOT to consider try-outs for a particular team/club when I repeatedly heard "horror stories" from several different families of money mismanagement by a DOC who handled all the club's financial transactions.

Some folks are honest, and some aren't. You decide who to trust.
Old 02-02-2011

Quote:
the only one like this ?
I'm sure yours is not the only one. I know the DOC at Fishhawk (RS) was set up this way when it first started and it did cause issues and concerns. They did not have a BOD at the time and it was later corrected with the formation of a BOD with a treasurers position.

IMHO its probably not the best idea to lay this on the DOC. You're looking for soccer skills in a DOC and are probably best letting them focus on that.
Old 02-02-2011
Unregistered

Is DCO director of coaching or director of club ? The board members are picked by the DOC. What are the beginning steps for changing the club's operation . I DO NOT THINK IT SHOULD BE A ONE MAN SHOW. I THINK THE BOARD MEMBERS SHOULD BE VOTED ON BY CLUB MEMBERS . PLEASE GIVE US SOME IDEAS
Old 02-02-2011

Quote:
Is DCO director of coaching or director of club ? The board members are picked by the DOC.
DOC is most commonly referring to the Director of Coaching - generally a paid trainer who set corriculum for other coaches, helps with coaching assignments, etc. A Club Director is usually called the DOS (Director of Soccer) and sometimes exists with a BOD or without (if they exist at all). Their focus is usually more on club activities e.g. schedules, tourny hosting, etc.

IMHO there should always be a BOD that hires the DOC and makes the decision around whether or not to have a DOS. The DOC should NOT be picking a Board as the Board should - in essense - be the "managers" of the club and the DOC a "supervisor" directing a specific function of the club.
Old 02-05-2011
Unregistered

Quote:
the only one like this ?
Soccer clubs come in many sizes and have varied structures.

There is surely more than one club where the DOC also serves as the General Manager, Administrator, Registrar, Trainer, Tournament Director and chief bottle washer.

While there is nothing inherently sinister about the DOC being in charge of the club's money, a qualified board treasurer, with oversight responsibility, will help the parents feel more comfortable and help avoid the appearance of any impropriaty.
Old 05-31-2012
Unregistered

Default I am happy to teach you profoundly about the concept of regret.

Famous quote from last night emanated from somewhere north or Indiantown Rd. Can you name the person responsible for this quote on TS?
Old 05-31-2012
Unregistered

Quote:
Famous quote from last night emanated from somewhere north or Indiantown Rd. Can you name the person responsible for this quote on TS?
my first thought was that it could have been something chief crazy horse and/or sitting bull might have said to custer (at his last stand!)
Old 05-31-2012
Unregistered

Quote:
I'd say it was probably muttered from yur mother to your father very shortly after you were conceived...or a similar circumstance.

Tags
gossip, ocys, rumors, talk