X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It will be a good game.

You totally misunderstood my meaning if you were responding to my post that their record is largely a product of generally poor soccer in the ISL. They are good teams. I don’t think Thayer is great and I wonder if Andover will break it down or if BB&N will. Wish BB&N played Andover. That would be the best game imo of the season. And I don’t think those teams being good diminishes my kid AT ALL. My kid prioritized other things when she chose a school and knew the soccer on her team would be bad going in. It’s all good. What’s fun is that we know kids on some of the best teams and I am thrilled to be happy for their success.
    Earlier this season... Tabor is great ... loses to Thayer at home
    Nobles is great.... Loses to Thayer at home
    Andover is next... played Thayer tough last few years ties and 1 goal loses. We will see what happens Wednesday.
    BB&N gets it crack next week at Thayer. Current team tied Thayer last year.

Thayer has a roster full of seniors who have won class B, lost in finals, and we will see what happens this year. Defense is Thayer’s strength but look at the offense without the stars of last year.

It’s been a fun year to watch

Comment

I think people confuse one or two great players with a great team. There are a couple great teams. A couple teams with one or two great players. A couple teams with very athletic, big, strong girls or ten seniors who start and know each other really well.

A big strong team winning isn’t always an indication of a “great game.” I just think most people Barely know the rules of the game (as evidenced by the funny sideline comments I over hear) and most don’t know what great soccer actually is. That’s not a diss on most people. I’m not sure that half the isl coaches even know what great soccer is. Most people just don’t watch that much soccer that’s all.

Even our not great team sometimes looks good when it’s playing a weaker team but that doesn’t make us a good team.

Comment

Earlier this season... Tabor is great ... loses to Thayer at home
        Nobles is great.... Loses to Thayer at home
        Andover is next... played Thayer tough last few years ties and 1 goal loses. We will see what happens Wednesday.
        BB&N gets it crack next week at Thayer. Current team tied Thayer last year.

Thayer has a roster full of seniors who have won class B, lost in finals, and we will see what happens this year. Defense is Thayer’s strength but look at the offense without the stars of last year.

It’s been a fun year to watch
        Agreed it’s been a fun year.

I would argue that tabor and nobles never seemed great. Winning records yes but not winning because they have great teams. Tabor has a superstar. Nobles is athletic. By the way Nobles parents are rabid for the win. Least sportsmanlike we’ve encountered and most like the crazy club parents people are always talking about.

Comment

I think people confuse one or two great players with a great team. There are a couple great teams. A couple teams with one or two great players. A couple teams with very athletic, big, strong girls or ten seniors who start and know each other really well.

A big strong team winning isn’t always an indication of a “great game.” I just think most people Barely know the rules of the game (as evidenced by the funny sideline comments I over hear) and most don’t know what great soccer actually is. That’s not a diss on most people. I’m not sure that half the isl coaches even know what great soccer is. Most people just don’t watch that much soccer that’s all.

Even our not great team sometimes looks good when it’s playing a weaker team but that doesn’t make us a good team.

“I’m not sure that half the isl coaches even know what great soccer is”. but I am to believe that you know.

Comment

Whats with the BBN insecurity this year?

Are they on the bubble?

Comment

Whats with the BBN insecurity this year?

Are they on the bubble?
              Graeme? Seems like fair statement

Comment

Anyone know why some teams get points for beating a team while others don't?

eg

Middlesex beats Pomfret and gets points. Groton beats Pomfret doesn't get points. Groton and MX are both class B. Both played Pomfret regular season.

MX gets points for beating Dana Hall, Thayer doesn't. (Thayer v Dana Hall could've been a scrimmage, not sure).

But you get my drift.

Thx

Comment

3 in ISL for win and 1 for tie

Comment

3 in ISL for win and 1 for tie

Yes. That’s not my question. One team gets three for BEATING pomfret, another team gets no point for BEATING pomfret

Comment

They have 4 ties against ISL schools and have 4 points.

Comment

Thats Middlesex

Comment

Yes. That’s not my question. One team gets three for BEATING pomfret, another team gets no point for BEATING pomfret
                          I don’t think those points mean anything. It must be something in the software. ISL teams only get points for ISL games.

Comment

How did LA beat Milton? Anyone see that game?

Comment

And why is St Marks so all over the place. They have a bizarre record in terms of wins and losses.

Comment

They had more goals. Simple as that.

How did LA beat Milton? Anyone see that game?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X