Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selfish Parents Teaching Kids to be selfish

Selfish parents teaching kids to be selfish and display a lack of support for teammates and team. Guess what, the team does think too much of your kid either. SMH

I pay my kid $10 for a goal. If the other loser parents would offer $10 for each go I would shut up. She is the best goal scorer what is a mom supposed to do?

Comment

Ikr?!

I know...I'm in the same situation. My child is hands down the best on the team, starts, plays every minute of every game...doesn't make mistakes, never out of position, even when playing other player's positions...crushing it every game...the other players and parents just don't get us...I even shopped my kid to the club across town...same indifference...people are so stupid!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Selfish parents teaching kids to be selfish and display a lack of support for teammates and team. Guess what, the team does think too much of your kid either. SMH
        That kid carries the team and no one would watch your bum *ss kid. Those are facts. No coaches no scouts so count your blessings and be thankful.

Comment

I have a issue with kids not traveling with their team to away games. What would you consider this behavior?

The kid is clearly not the best but "all hands on deck" and "let's battle together for the common cause "is typically the call, right. I don't get it. Basically the family and parent and kid doesn't value opportunity and respect teammates, club and coach. What's the lesson positive and negative lessons. I'm interested in hearing what both sides of the argument could look like.

Comment

I have a issue with kids not traveling with their team to away games. What would you consider this behavior?

The kid is clearly not the best but "all hands on deck" and "let's battle together for the common cause "is typically the call, right. I don't get it. Basically the family and parent and kid doesn't value opportunity and respect teammates, club and coach. What's the lesson positive and negative lessons. I'm interested in hearing what both sides of the argument could look like.
            It’s too expensive and not worth it

Comment

I teach my kid to be selfish and try to make the plays alone as this is all about getting looks for college. A college coach does not want to see the kid that simply maintains possession and passes it back or sideways. They want to see a kid that runs at players and scores goals or dominates the game.

It may suck that it's set up this way but team players don't get noticed. I have been doing this a long time so believe me I am right. You will be moaning about the selfish player getting all the offers and recognition and will be perplexed why the good teammate, team player didn't get squat.

It's not about team, its about what you can do to impress scouts....period.

Comment

I teach my kid to be selfish and try to make the plays alone as this is all about getting looks for college. A college coach does not want to see the kid that simply maintains possession and passes it back or sideways. They want to see a kid that runs at players and scores goals or dominates the game.

It may suck that it's set up this way but team players don't get noticed. I have been doing this a long time so believe me I am right. You will be moaning about the selfish player getting all the offers and recognition and will be perplexed why the good teammate, team player didn't get squat.

After u13 it’s a dog eat dog world , that’s just sports ! Some kids (parents) don’t have it some do ; you need a team to be there but ultimately as in all sports , The individual player is trying to shine

Comment

Your kid isn't playing in front of scouts every single game. Yes there are times when being selfish is very appropriate, but there's also 10 other players on the field.

Once in college, she best be a team player or she won't last long.

Comment

Your kid isn't playing in front of scouts every single game. Yes there are times when being selfish is very appropriate, but there's also 10 other players on the field.

Once in college, she best be a team player or she won't last long.
                    Be wary of the player who is not a team player. The player who leaves a team always hopping for the next best team is one who will decommit when the going gets tough.

Comment

I have an issue with kids not traveling with their team to away games. What would you consider this behavior?

The kid is clearly not the best but "all hands on deck" and "let's battle together for the common cause "is typically the call, right. I don't get it. Basically the family and parent and kid don't value opportunity and respect teammates, club and coach. What're the lesson positive and negative lessons. I'm interested in hearing what both sides of the argument could look like.
                      We have a player who does not make about 1/3 of the games. The family made this known at the beginning that their family time is more important than Club Soccer. The kid will more than likely get a pretty decent scholarship because of her intelligence and while the kid likes soccer they are realistic that they will at most play through High School. While not Ideal I have no qualms with the family. They were upfront about it and coach and club accepted it.

Anyway give my kid more time to earn the $10 per goal. If she asks me again for money for assists I swear I will lose my mind. The assist is never remembered it is the finish!

Comment

We have a player who does not make about 1/3 of the games. The family made this known at the beginning that their family time is more important than Club Soccer. The kid will more than likely get a pretty decent scholarship because of her intelligence and while the kid likes soccer they are realistic that they will at most play through High School. While not Ideal I have no qualms with the family. They were upfront about it and coach and club accepted it.

Anyway give my kid more time to earn the $10 per goal. If she asks me again for money for assists I swear I will lose my mind. The assist is never remembered it is the finish!
                        In the end parents learn to focus on their own kids because they have no say in what the club or other families do.

Comment

Selfish players and parents LOL!!!!!! How about these corrupt DOCīs and coaches who play favorites and milk us all . Please, this whole club soccer thing is a joke. We just gave a career to bunch of 2nd rate PE coaches.

Comment

Selfish players and parents LOL!!!!!! How about these corrupt DOCīs and coaches who play favorites and milk us all . Please, this whole club soccer thing is a joke. We just gave a career to bunch of 2nd rate PE coaches.
                            Preach brother/sister. May son said he wanted to be a youth soccer coach after he gets out of college and I laughed and said, "how would you support a family". I then leaned his current youth coach makes 180K a year. Go for it son, no work until 4pm and no accountability. Great job if you can get it.

Comment

Preach brother/sister. My son said he wanted to be a youth soccer coach after he gets out of college and I laughed and said, "how would you support a family". I then leaned his current youth coach makes 180K a year. Go for it son, no work until 4 pm and no accountability. Great job if you can get it.
                              Cool story Bruh but, aint no soccer coach in youth soccer making 180k

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X