What’s going on with Seattle United

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only group that is 'begging to be let in' is ISC, they officially petitioned to join and it was declined. There are very few clubs that wish to be part of the RCL on its current merits. The PSPL nor the NPSL is actively going around trying to recruit entire RCL clubs to join which is the new tool of choice for WYS.

Genuine question, why would any relatively 'successful' club want to be part of the RCL? What genuinely does it offer that the PSPL and the NPSL doesn't? Access to State cup and regionals? That's not a bad option to be fair, but it isn't what it used to be. Instead of slinging mud at the notion (which to be honest highlights your own kool aid addiction), why not come up with a list of reasons why any club with autonomy under USCS would want to be under the dictatorship of the RCL?

Genuine request.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      The problem with just merging leagues and allowing open competition is that the adults will make it a mess. Have you seen AAU Basketball?

Yes it always sucks when you are on the outside looking in. But the alternative is so much worse. It’s funny how those on the outside keep saying how great PSPL and NPSL are, but then are begging to be let in.

Keep drinking your kool-aid!

Or come play in Div 1 of a high level tournament.

http://events.gotsport.com/events/De...?eventid=71390
      AAU basketball: generally cheaper, constant opportunities to compete at higher levels, free movement of players, great track record of identifying and developing talent from minority, low income and rural communities, repeatedly generating the best players in the world. What a disastrous model to emulate.

Comment

so quick to judge. You question my IQ because where my kid plays? I never suggested Northshore select was something to emulate, nor am I dying to get my kid in RCL.
        My local premier club is Sound, and I have no interest there. Nor do I want to drive a hour+ for soccer 4-5 days a week. More power to those that do.

I merely suggested that allowing competition (regardless of club) is better than artificial placement of teams in divisions. I'm seeing NPSL teams compete with RCL 1 & 2 teams in state and regional presidents. Do I understand there is higher (state champions, national league, ECNL)? Yes.

But I don't understand why we place limits on where teams can play. Let the competition on the field do that.

Otherwise, it's Pay to Play. protect Premier from NPSL or PSPL. For if an NPSL or PSPL team were to beat an RCL premier team, that doesn't look good.

The comment that drew me it was regarding Southlake. they have some great teams in NPSL 1, as does Northshore. Both are lower cost that Premier, but could compete (but won't get the chance).

My only Kool-Aid is the game, and the kids that play it.
        The political BS with clubs, leagues, and everything else spoils the beautiful game.

Comment

so quick to judge. You question my IQ because where my kid plays? I never suggested Northshore select was something to emulate, nor am I dying to get my kid in RCL.
          My local premier club is Sound, and I have no interest there. Nor do I want to drive a hour+ for soccer 4-5 days a week. More power to those that do.

I merely suggested that allowing competition (regardless of club) is better than artificial placement of teams in divisions. I'm seeing NPSL teams compete with RCL 1 & 2 teams in state and regional presidents. Do I understand there is higher (state champions, national league, ECNL)? Yes.

But I don't understand why we place limits on where teams can play. Let the competition on the field do that.

Otherwise, it's Pay to Play. protect Premier from NPSL or PSPL. For if an NPSL or PSPL team were to beat an RCL premier team, that doesn't look good.

The comment that drew me it was regarding Southlake. they have some great teams in NPSL 1, as does Northshore. Both are lower cost that Premier, but could compete (but won't get the chance).

My only Kool-Aid is the game, and the kids that play it.
          The political BS with clubs, leagues, and everything else spoils the beautiful game.
          You are adding to the political bs by “merely suggesting” competition regardless of club is better. Where in the US does this exist? It’s bologna idealism that doesn’t work. Leagues, based on some institutionalized methodology exist at every level of sport.

Yes, I question your iq because you are an idiot.

And before you say other countries do it...
          2 things:
          *you are in the US
          *Other countries have similar leagues.

Comment

AAU basketball: generally cheaper, constant opportunities to compete at higher levels, free movement of players, great track record of identifying and developing talent from minority, low income and rural communities, repeatedly generating the best players in the world. What a disastrous model to emulate.
            Dumb*ss...

AAU is all that is bad in basketball rolled up in one... Oh I forgot, the US wasn’t the best basketball’ing nation in the world until AAU! Thank heavens for AAU!

Its killing High School basketball, kids are getting injured from overuse more than soccer, and parents and paid coaches are profiting off parents unnecessarily. Do your kids even play basketball? Don’t talk about something you have no knowledge of.

Comment

Low income, minority communities hadn’t played basketball until AAU. Can I get a pair of Big Baller kicks from you? You going to sign up DS/DD in LaVar’s new basketball league too?

AAU is an opportunity for adults to profit off of kids sports.

Comment

In 2015, Kobe Bryant strongly criticized the AAU, describing it as "Horrible, terrible AAU basketball. It's stupid. It doesn't teach our kids how to play the game at all so you wind up having players that are big and they bring it up and they do all this fancy crap and they don't know how to post. They don't know the fundamentals of the game. It's stupid."[8] Kobe, who moved to Italy at age 6 because of his father playing basketball there, stated that the AAU has been "treating [amateur basketball players] like cash cows for everyone to profit off of".[8] Steve Kerr has also spoken out against the AAU, stating that the AAU's structure devalues winning, with many teams playing about as many as four times a day and some players changing teams as early as from one morning to an afternoon the same day. Kerr also states that "The process of growing as a team basketball player — learning how to become part of a whole, how to fit into something bigger than oneself — becomes completely lost within the AAU fabric."[9]

In the wake of sexual scandals that hit two U.S. universities, Penn State and Syracuse, involving acts of sexual abuse with children, charges have also reached the AAU in Memphis, Tennessee, through the alleged misconduct of then President Robert W. "Bobby" Dodd.[10] In 2016, the AAU was sued for allowing Rick Butler, a youth volleyball coach accused of sexually abusing his players in the past, coach an under-18 team in the AAU Girls' Junior National Volleyball Championships.[11

Comment

The only group that is 'begging to be let in' is ISC, they officially petitioned to join and it was declined. There are very few clubs that wish to be part of the RCL on its current merits. The PSPL nor the NPSL is actively going around trying to recruit entire RCL clubs to join which is the new tool of choice for WYS.

Genuine question, why would any relatively 'successful' club want to be part of the RCL? What genuinely does it offer that the PSPL and the NPSL doesn't? Access to State cup and regionals? That's not a bad option to be fair, but it isn't what it used to be. Instead of slinging mud at the notion (which to be honest highlights your own kool aid addiction), why not come up with a list of reasons why any club with autonomy under USCS would want to be under the dictatorship of the RCL?

Genuine request.
                  Has your DS/dad played a game in RCL?

Night and day organizationally and top to bottom more consistent. Access to fields, coaches (yes, the best coaches need to be paid. No doubt good coaches exist everywhere, but when looking at a club, consistency is important), refs- all consistently better than in other leagues within WA State.

The best clubs are having teams play a year up, because the competition at age is so poor!

And yes, i understand that some PSPL teams like ISC have good coaches and good fields. And those clubs charge as much as RCL clubs:

https://www.iscgunners.org/player-fees

https://www.eagleclawfc.org/program-registrations

Individually, there are good teams and good clubs throughout Washington. On any given day, the best PSPL teams will beat a good RCL team, no doubt. But the league with the best teams throughout is hands down the RCL. It’s not even a question.

Don’t you think it is telling that the PSPL, aligned with US Club Soccer, and participating in the NPL didn’t get invited to ECNL in Western Washington? Only RCL clubs? Why do you think?

Girls: https://149363092.v2.pressablecdn.co...Map-FINAL.jpeg

Boys: https://149365553.v2.pressablecdn.co...st-5-2019.jpeg

I’m sorry, where is ISC? Eagleclaw? Celtic? And whoever SouthLake is...

Are you going to tell me NPL is better than ECNL?

In recent xfire challenge, 1 ISC team took 1st place in the Super division, g10. Give it a year or two, and many of the best girls that can make it will be at Eastside FC and xfire.

https://www.iscgunners.org/tournament-recaps

Let’s get real here people!

Comment

Southlake pays $1200
                    This is not true for all southlake teams, if any. Please provide a source. Standard registration is <$200.

Look at NPSL BU16 division 1. There is a Highline Rec team HSC Rebano competing for first place. Those kids are paying $200 and their team is better than RCL 2-4.

http://www.northpugetsoundleague.org...D1571650709543

Look at NPSL BU18 Southlake Tusk. This is a top 10 team in the state. They would compete to win RCL 1 or PSPL:

http://www.northpugetsoundleague.org...D1571650797052

I am not saying the opportunities are plentiful, but if you are paying $2500+ for RCL or PSPL and your child isn’t in the very top division, you are getting ripped off and you are contributing to the troubles of pay to play. Youth soccer should be not-for-profit outside professional academies. Pay-to-play is a rotten ponzi scheme and it is bad for the game.

Comment

This is not true for all southlake teams, if any. Please provide a source. Standard registration is <$200.

Look at NPSL BU16 division 1. There is a Highline Rec team HSC Rebano competing for first place. Those kids are paying $200 and their team is better than RCL 2-4.

http://www.northpugetsoundleague.org...D1571650709543

Look at NPSL BU18 Southlake Tusk. This is a top 10 team in the state. They would compete to win RCL 1 or PSPL:

http://www.northpugetsoundleague.org...D1571650797052

I am not saying the opportunities are plentiful, but if you are paying $2500+ for RCL or PSPL and your child isn’t in the very top division, you are getting ripped off and you are contributing to the troubles of pay to play. Youth soccer should be not-for-profit outside professional academies. Pay-to-play is a rotten ponzi scheme and it is bad for the game.
                      Top 10 team in the state that can’t get out of the group stage in the second division of crossfire challenge?
                      NPSL BU18 Southlake Tusk http://events.gotsport.com/events/re...er=Boys&Age=18

You are an idiot. Go back under the rock you came out from under. Your post only shows your complete ignorance (do you understand what the different divisions in tournaments are for?) and how poor NPSL is that this team is winning games 8-0 in the NPSL and cant compete with the best clubs in the state.

I happily pay more for soccer so my kids don’t have to be on teams with delusional parents like you.

Comment

Has your DS/dad played a game in RCL?

Night and day organizationally and top to bottom more consistent. Access to fields, coaches (yes, the best coaches need to be paid. No doubt good coaches exist everywhere, but when looking at a club, consistency is important), refs- all consistently better than in other leagues within WA State.

The best clubs are having teams play a year up, because the competition at age is so poor!

And yes, i understand that some PSPL teams like ISC have good coaches and good fields. And those clubs charge as much as RCL clubs:

https://www.iscgunners.org/player-fees

https://www.eagleclawfc.org/program-registrations

Individually, there are good teams and good clubs throughout Washington. On any given day, the best PSPL teams will beat a good RCL team, no doubt. But the league with the best teams throughout is hands down the RCL. It’s not even a question.

Don’t you think it is telling that the PSPL, aligned with US Club Soccer, and participating in the NPL didn’t get invited to ECNL in Western Washington? Only RCL clubs? Why do you think?

Girls: https://149363092.v2.pressablecdn.co...Map-FINAL.jpeg

Boys: https://149365553.v2.pressablecdn.co...st-5-2019.jpeg

I’m sorry, where is ISC? Eagleclaw? Celtic? And whoever SouthLake is...

Are you going to tell me NPL is better than ECNL?

In recent xfire challenge, 1 ISC team took 1st place in the Super division, g10. Give it a year or two, and many of the best girls that can make it will be at Eastside FC and xfire.

https://www.iscgunners.org/tournament-recaps

Let’s get real here people!

Living in a time warp, that may well have been true 5 years ago but far from accurate in today's landscape.

Go through last years RCL brackets and standings, check off how many existing girls teams will be removed from the league (ECNL denomination), then add the new girls teams that will be removed from the league... then do the same for the boys (including the existing USSDA teams at XF). There will be a 50% reduction in the number of teams within the RCL across all ECNL age group divisions on both gender sides. This will mean promoting teams that were traditionally B or C teams into the A-team category. I am not sure how you can make such a bold statement of the RCL being so robust. Good teams? of course, but you can say that selectively about any league.

News flash, leagues don't book fields, its the clubs, and in the RCL's case it is the Association not even the club that has direct access to fields and their allocation.

The RCL is on life support, hence the continued outreach of WYS to bring in more numbers to support its dying bloodline. If the RCL was so strong, why were so many teams willing to jump to a fake DA program at the younger age groups? Why were so many willing to play in the ECNL regionally which is in all reality the old RCL D1 by a different name? You can make as many strawman arguments as you like, but the reality is the same never the less.

The fact is there are no leagues in WA that serve all parties, the RCL is living off past glories of being the old boys PDL network and marketing to parents like you that are able to feed their own ego with brand association.

And with respect to the Crossfire challenge, there are many many teams that choose not to go simply based upon who they are paying their money too to play, so I wouldn't worry too much about the results on over worked and long dry grass fields.

As someone else pointed out, people are quick to lay blame on clubs, coaches, players, associations, but in reality it's people like you who are responsible for the current state of affairs. The sad thing is you don't even realize it and think you are the knight in white armor, how sad for you.

Comment

State your case without name calling and personal attacks, it adds nothing helpful to the forum.

Comment

Top 10 team in the state that can’t get out of the group stage in the second division of crossfire challenge?
                            NPSL BU18 Southlake Tusk http://events.gotsport.com/events/re...er=Boys&Age=18

You are an idiot. Go back under the rock you came out from under. Your post only shows your complete ignorance (do you understand what the different divisions in tournaments are for?) and how poor NPSL is that this team is winning games 8-0 in the NPSL and cant compete with the best clubs in the state.

I happily pay more for soccer so my kids don’t have to be on teams with delusional parents like you.
                            Sure, its your prerogative to pay all that money for your kid to play with an RCL B/C/D team but if you are the example of an RCL parent, its clear that delusion is alive and well there. If you are certain that RCL is so much better across the board and no NPSL/PSPL team can compete, then why are you so defensive?

Comment

I happily pay more for soccer so my kids don’t have to be on teams with delusional parents like you.[/QUOTE]

Tell me five reasons why RCL is stronger than PSPL or NPSL
                              maybe a coach? maybe ... But in other leagues there are excellent coaches too ... Maybe the RCL brand attracts? Yes, this also has some truth .... But the other truth is that many parents are not so rich, or do not bother with tires. Say I'm wrong. I know in many teams many talented children, much more interesting than some stars of the first RCL teams. But they were born at the end of the year and are noticeably smaller. They go to school grate below. For example, in our team, 12 boys were born in the fall and only four older. Until the age of eleven, they did not study tactics, focusing on individual development. What will they do against an organized team of large children? Of course they will lose in most games. Now someone tell me how many children who were born in the fall in XF or PC NW Play in the first team? I am sure only a few. This is a big problem. So don’t tell me that RCL is stronger because they are from heaven

Comment

Sure, its your prerogative to pay all that money for your kid to play with an RCL B/C/D team but if you are the example of an RCL parent, its clear that delusion is alive and well there. If you are certain that RCL is so much better across the board and no NPSL/PSPL team can compete, then why are you so defensive?
                                Defensive... you make me laugh. Are you illiterate as well?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X