•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    well there is (2) wins for us!!!
    woot woot!

Did they still play a game or not? So great that the Fury players who followed the rules and their opponents either don't play at all or get in a lousy game. I'm sure morale is fanfukingtastic at fury right now.

Comment

woot woot!

Did they still play a game or not? So great that the Fury players who followed the rules and their opponents either don't play at all or get in a lousy game. I'm sure morale is fanfukingtastic at fury right now.
      Apparently they played 2 of the games, which may not have been the best idea on Fury's part because the game cards for the teams that played names the players who are suspended. If I am a college coach and I check out those reports to see how player A did, I will not see that player A is player who thinks it's ok to do whatever I want. I'm not sure who is more to blame here

Comment

woot woot!

fury players follow the rules??? whats that about???

Comment

fury players follow the rules??? whats that about???
          Some did. They're the ones who got f'd by their rule breaking teammates.

Comment

Some did. They're the ones who got f'd by their rule breaking teammates.
            what rules did they break?

Comment

Playing GDA and high school at the same time. Even if you have a private school waiver or use the loophole (get added to a roster in November) you cannot do both.

Comment

impersonating a soccer player

Comment

One of the Top 5 responses ever on Talking Soccer.

Comment

FTW! slow clap!

Comment

DA is not long for this planet as is. They must adjust.

https://www.journalinquirer.com/spor...cd4dee258.html

Comment

funny you posted this and say DA is dead. both are joining oakwood DA teams after the highschool season and making the winter DA showcase trip to FLA in december. they get the best of both worlds.........

Comment

First of all, best wishes for her and her team. But it ends there when speaking of the significance of this article. For every girl like this, there is another who will gladly forgo HS for DA.

No one is forcing anyone to play DA. If you don’t like the rules, don’t sign up. It’s that easy.

And again, best wishes to her and her team.

Comment

funny you posted this and say DA is dead. both are joining oakwood DA teams after the highschool season and making the winter DA showcase trip to FLA in december. they get the best of both worlds.........
                            If HS doesn't matter or is so terrible, why is it great they're doing it? #DAhypocrisy

Comment

For every girl like this, there is another who will gladly forgo HS for DA.

No one is forcing anyone to play DA. If you don’t like the rules, don’t sign up. It’s that easy.
                              From link:

“I wouldn’t be the player I am today if I hadn’t gone to Oakwood,” Bailey said Tuesday. “It really helped my development. I got so much better working with the coaches there. But I wanted to play with my friends. It’s more comfortable for me. With Oakwood, it’s a lot of practices and games and travel, and just trying to keep up with all my schoolwork while playing at that level was really hard for me. So I decided high school was a better fit.”

They can go back to OW after the season is done (and OW will no doubt take them; their rosters are "thin"). But it shows you how strong the draw of HS is and how hypocritical USSF is by leaving gapping loopholes in the rules to let players back in. If they closed the loopholes they'd capture the more dedicated players (or the ones whose HS sucks) but they'd also lose a lot of players as well.

Comment

From link:

“I wouldn’t be the player I am today if I hadn’t gone to Oakwood,” Bailey said Tuesday. “It really helped my development. I got so much better working with the coaches there. But I wanted to play with my friends. It’s more comfortable for me. With Oakwood, it’s a lot of practices and games and travel, and just trying to keep up with all my schoolwork while playing at that level was really hard for me. So I decided high school was a better fit.”

They can go back to OW after the season is done (and OW will no doubt take them; their rosters are "thin"). But it shows you how strong the draw of HS is and how hypocritical USSF is by leaving gapping loopholes in the rules to let players back in. If they closed the loopholes they'd capture the more dedicated players (or the ones whose HS sucks) but they'd also lose a lot of players as well.
                                what is interesting is that it is their choice. If they wanted to play for CFC and FSA, they could try out for them as well. They chose OW and are working within the system. again, their choice. Not sure why people get crazy when kids, (let me spell that....K. I. D. S) choose what they want to do and do it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X