Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You say it's not the coach and then inadvertently make the exact opposite argument. Everything you cite could be fixed with the right leader. Coaches need to inspire and make sure they have players who are there for the right reasons. Herb Brooks had his Olympic team selected before try outs because he spent the time judging character so the rest would come easy.

Does Berhalter seem to be an inspirational leader? Especially when the players know that he is there primarily because his brother is part of the front office.

(and fwiw, McKinney regularly plays with that chip on his shoulder in the Bundesliga also. It does get tiring very quick.)
    It’s not the coach. It’s the federation. US fans are so stupid! Do remember what happened after the world cup debacle? The election? Idiots!!!!

Comment

Not sure I made the exact opposite argument. Sure a coach and try to light a fire under their ass. But my point was that if they can't make good touches, can't do the basics right, its sort of too late for the coach to improve the players. I get that every player will make a bad touch every now and then. But it was literally all over the field. All the players looked like garbage at one point or another.

Everyone picks on Tim Ream but he seems to be the only player that can actually pick out a wicket pass. Hope he keeps playing even if he hasn't got the wheels to keep up with the most advanced strikers of the world.

I also thought that Morris has been playing well. The goalkeeper made a huge error a few games ago so I'm not sold on him yet either.

But yea they players seem to either lack the skill, have their head in the clouds, or just don't want to be there.

I do blame the coach for one thing. Darlington Nagbe should be the defensive midfielder on this team not Bradley. Nagbe is so much better and knows how to play his role. The fact that Nagbe is turning down the national team tells us all we need to know about the culture. Its broken at the moment.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X