X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This was the original question, which is being answered

"I know this is highly subjective, but I would like to ask users if you are willing to list the top 5 coaches at your son or daughter's club, who in your opinion, are doing what it takes for your son or daughter to become a great soccer player"

These are the coaches that I would be very happy with coaching my kids, this is my opinion
    Yep! Just suggesting a better question that could provide more insight into top coaches anywhere in the state with great training methods rather than a subjective "I like my kids coach" answer. Maybe best to start another thread so as no to hijack the original poster's question, so good point.

Comment

to me, a good coach is one that doesn't make any kids want to quit the sport, communicates well, treats kids are parents with respect. Actually teaching the game is a bonus. Most coaches can't do all of those things, sadly

Comment

In no particular order:

Anwar Wilson
        Anwar Wilson
        Anwar Wilson
        Anwar Wilson
        and
        Anwar Wilson

Comment

Top 5 Coaches

In no order

Rikky Falagan
          Hugo Alcaraz
          Jim Rillatt
          Dan Strom

All XF!

Comment

Mark Bickham. MTFC club. He use to be Surf academy coach. Everybody likes him. I do not know smarter couch. Now his team MCFC not talanted. Magic is not hapend.

Comment

If I were a newly appointed director of coaching the first five coaches I would try to hire for my staff would be:

Travis Connell (WFC Rangers)
              Josh Braun (WFC Rangers)
              Christian Powell (NW United)
              Fawzi Belal (formerly at FWFC)
              Mark Metzger (Crossfire)

Comment

Better question... who should definitely not be coaching youth soccer?

Comment

Better question... who should definitely not be coaching youth soccer?
                  The list would be too long and hurtful. Now something like that would definitely be popular down on the Oregon boards. If you think the Reign VS ECNL, or RCL VS NPSL attacks are vitriol, the personal attacks down south make our boards look like Sesame street.

Comment

The list would be too long and hurtful. Now something like that would definitely be popular down on the Oregon boards. If you think the Reign VS ECNL, or RCL VS NPSL attacks are vitriol, the personal attacks down south make our boards look like Sesame street.
                    True, lol

Comment

If I were a newly appointed director of coaching the first five coaches I would try to hire for my staff would be:

Travis Connell (WFC Rangers)
                      Josh Braun (WFC Rangers)
                      Christian Powell (NW United)
                      Fawzi Belal (formerly at FWFC)
                      Mark Metzger (Crossfire)
                      Mark Metzger? Really?

Comment

Metzger always talking about himself and his success.

how he was a big successful wall street guy and is now giving back to the society as a youth coach.

his wealthy sister and how she did well and married rich.

how the family owns big hospitals here in the area

yada-yada-yada nonstop bragging

Comment

Posted by the Eastside FC Board or an Eastside FC parent?? Some on this list are not close to being top level coaches or coaches who are training players in a modern style. There is another thread on this board about the backward, antiquated style of training and playing at Eastside FC. Hard to reconcile this post with that thread.

Instead of who would you keep, a better question would be who are the 5 coaches in Washington that are the most progressive and effective in their training and are moving the needle? How about, Aaron Byers at MIFC, Joe Campos at Eagleclaw FC, Scott Nelson at Nortac. Any other coaches like those guys?
                          Byers and Campos? LOL!! Is this a list of best coaches or snake oil salesmen?

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post

how he was a big successful wall street guy and is now giving back to the society as a youth coach.

He’s a stud, don’t hate.

Comment

Better question... who should definitely not be coaching youth soccer

Well ?

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post

I love Metsger for the entertainment value.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X