Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sounds a lot like a kid I know. Doesn't happen to be a forward who just can't seem to wrap his head around staying onsides, does he?
    No, but I see you’re from Mass...do you Ed Stein?

Comment

LOL. Nope, I'm thinking of a girl. Drives me batty. Just play the game.

I always tell my kids, if you fall for real then you fall, but don't flop because you are useless on the ground.

Well, one would argue if they drew a PK...that wouldn't be a useless act, would it?

Comment

Not all "flops" are to buy a foul. If I'm rooted to the ground on two feet, and you come barreling into me, I'm leaving my feet. Maybe I'll even avoid the contact altogether, but I won't let you blow both my knees out trying to be a tough guy.

So, If I "flop" and you don't make contact...is that a foul?

(not me BTW, a conversation I've had with a teammate)
        No contact needed to be a foul.
        If a player is able to get out of the way before contact, it is still a foul.

Think about this. If I throw a punch and you are able to duck out of the way, shouldn’t I still be ejected?

BTW, I have seen many sliding challenges studs up, that were way more dangerous then a punch.

American Ref’s are not likely to call fouls for “no contact”.
        Even with contact, Ref’s are not likely to give foul unless you go down.

Comment

No contact needed to be a foul.
          If a player is able to get out of the way before contact, it is still a foul.

Think about this. If I throw a punch and you are able to duck out of the way, shouldn’t I still be ejected?

BTW, I have seen many sliding challenges studs up, that were way more dangerous then a punch.

American Ref’s are not likely to call fouls for “no contact”.
          Even with contact, Ref’s are not likely to give foul unless you go down.
          I agree, but it's interesting how many times someone will use the "I never touched him" as an excuse.

It's not flopping, but causing someone to get out of the way to avoid a tackle and injury should still be a foul.

Now, if you roll about and can't decide what part actually hurts...umm....

Comment

unfortunately this certainly happens....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X