X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Farmington.
    Bug central with mosquitoes that wear saddles. Bring your bee keeping suit to fsa. Otherwise it's a night of head shrinking

Comment

I see neither CFC or FSA ECNL teams are lighting it up this year so far at 07 and 06 is it worth looking at Oakwood DA next year if they have better coach’s ?? though I know DA has its on problems as a league. The best players in the state are spread to thin in my opinion that mixed in with players not being able to afford or travel too the bigger clubs.

Comment

I see neither CFC or FSA ECNL teams are lighting it up this year so far at 07 and 06 is it worth looking at Oakwood DA next year if they have better coach’s ?? though I know DA has its on problems as a league. The best players in the state are spread to thin in my opinion that mixed in with players not being able to afford or travel too the bigger clubs.
        Don't base anything on these early results. After U14 CFCU will be the leader - and no I'm not with them, it's just the way it is. Under present market conditions the better players in the state are largely with CFCU just before high school. FSA is just terrible, OW sporadic and the NE GDA is very weak. Giving up HS for mediocre coaching and competition isn't worth it.

Of course, the landscape changes all the time too - will NE GDA even be around in two years?

Comment

Don't base anything on these early results. After U14 CFCU will be the leader - and no I'm not with them, it's just the way it is. Under present market conditions the better players in the state are largely with CFCU just before high school. FSA is just terrible, OW sporadic and the NE GDA is very weak. Giving up HS for mediocre coaching and competition isn't worth it.

Of course, the landscape changes all the time too - will NE GDA even be around in two years?

CFC making changes as they now need to keep afloat a new facility with no lights, this results in higher fees and silly travel to their facility that in the middle of Nania I can imagine parents start opting to stick with either Oakwood or FSA just for the coveniance, tho north of Hartford should take a look at CFC north, always competitive and the travel for away games isn’t crazy like ECNL or DA. FSA has the better coaches overall than Oakwood unless you are lucky enough to get 1 of the 3 coaches worth having and Oakwoods indoor facility is starting to become a deterant for some and with the GDA being as bad as it is I can see Oakwood fading away and FSA and CFC becoming the only 2 relivent my clubs in the state.

Comment

What info do you base your “NE GDA is very weak”. Other than parroting other people on various threads. Where is the data at 05, 06 or even 07 (pre) to proclaim this? I’m not saying you’re wrong, and that’s definitely the local narrative but I’m not sure how anyone can tell.

Comment

CFC has made a massive strategic blunder. They already know it and are trying to hide this fact. There site location for the new facility shows their lack of understanding of the current marketplace. Bethany may seem like a central location for many but it is very difficult to find a direct route. Most families in Fairfield County are now moving to the NY clubs. Just way easier for them. The rise of AC Connecticut will continue to cut into their draw grow the Danbury area. They will not draw much from Farmington/Hartford because of FSA. I know they will bash FSA on here but FSA really has the best facilities in the Northeast and families that find that club convenient will stay put. The small numbers they drew from the Shoreline will completely dry up because of the Bethany location. Oakwood and FSA will be more convenient if someone is going ECNL OR DA. The lack of lighting is a huge clusternut for them as well. CFC are under tremendous financial strain and the cracks are already showing.

Comment

Agree. If college soccer is not the goal, FSA is the place to be of you’re around the Hartford area.

Comment

CFC has made a massive strategic blunder. They already know it and are trying to hide this fact. There site location for the new facility shows their lack of understanding of the current marketplace. Bethany may seem like a central location for many but it is very difficult to find a direct route. Most families in Fairfield County are now moving to the NY clubs. Just way easier for them. The rise of AC Connecticut will continue to cut into their draw grow the Danbury area. They will not draw much from Farmington/Hartford because of FSA. I know they will bash FSA on here but FSA really has the best facilities in the Northeast and families that find that club convenient will stay put. The small numbers they drew from the Shoreline will completely dry up because of the Bethany location. Oakwood and FSA will be more convenient if someone is going ECNL OR DA. The lack of lighting is a huge clusternut for them as well. CFC are under tremendous financial strain and the cracks are already showing.
                  Like your butt crack?

Comment

What info do you base your “NE GDA is very weak”. Other than parroting other people on various threads. Where is the data at 05, 06 or even 07 (pre) to proclaim this? I’m not saying you’re wrong, and that’s definitely the local narrative but I’m not sure how anyone can tell.
                    Just go watch some games. Schedules are public. Be prepared to be underwhelmed. Also watch how local teams perform vs teams from other regions at national events(hint: not well).

Comment

Agree. If college soccer is not the goal, FSA is the place to be of you’re around the Hartford area.
                      Especially if you like lightning your cash on fire

Comment

What are the NY clubs? NYSC is DA and World Class is across the Tappan Zee. Westchester should have an ECNL club but there isn’t one.

Comment

The rise of ac ct. Hilarious. Yes and poland was a wwII power

Comment

Realize that you are probably new on the scene and rationalizing wherever it is that your little princess is playing.

CFC United is the gold standard for college bound players. Whether you love them, hate, live in Bethany or in Granby it doesn’t matter. They’ve built a franchise and it’s well known by college coaches all over the country. Look at last year’s placements. This year’s senior class signs in two weeks and it’s 20 kids going to D1 programs.

Prior to Bethany United trained in Waterbury with no lights
                            And indoor in Hamden. Both facilities were rough and hard to get to

If you want state of the art complex, you should go
                            To FSA, if you want college soccer it’s CFC

Comment

Realize that you are probably new on the scene and rationalizing wherever it is that your little princess is playing.

CFC United is the gold standard for college bound players. Whether you love them, hate, live in Bethany or in Granby it doesn’t matter. They’ve built a franchise and it’s well known by college coaches all over the country. Look at last year’s placements. This year’s senior class signs in two weeks and it’s 20 kids going to D1 programs.

Prior to Bethany United trained in Waterbury with no lights
                              And indoor in Hamden. Both facilities were rough and hard to get to

If you want state of the art complex, you should go
                              To FSA, if you want college soccer it’s CFC
                              I keep seeing all the announcements about CFC and their college placements. I don’t see anything on their website. Can someone provide a link to this list or last years list. I am very curious to see it. They really hang their hat on this. I also see counter arguments that the players are merely going en masse to the colleges with CFC coaches. Is that accurate? I’m aware of Sacred Heart, Iona, Quinnipiac. Are there others?

Comment

I keep seeing all the announcements about CFC and their college placements. I don’t see anything on their website. Can someone provide a link to this list or last years list. I am very curious to see it. They really hang their hat on this. I also see counter arguments that the players are merely going en masse to the colleges with CFC coaches. Is that accurate? I’m aware of Sacred Heart, Iona, Quinnipiac. Are there others?
                                Look you d1p

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X