Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's not about who "could" beat who. Most competitive teams "could" beat an ECNL or DA team on any given day. A lucky or unfortunate bounce here or there and anything can happen. It's about playing game in and game out vs top competition and exposure to numerous college coaches. That is where the significant difference lies.
    Also probably the biggest reason that our college programs are not so great. They are window shopping for Filet Mignon at McDonald's and accepting whatever is in the box. They should be shopping for better individual players (many of whom do not play ECNL or DA), nut just handing out money to whomever is left at Walmart. I am shocked at how many of my daughter's ECNL teammates got some $$ to play at a D1 school ...... seriously, if you watched them for a short while you would puke. Most have not played a lot in college and many have quit already after only a year or two. Getting money and deserving it are two very different things.

Comment

Also probably the biggest reason that our college programs are not so great. They are window shopping for Filet Mignon at McDonald's and accepting whatever is in the box. They should be shopping for better individual players (many of whom do not play ECNL or DA), nut just handing out money to whomever is left at Walmart. I am shocked at how many of my daughter's ECNL teammates got some $$ to play at a D1 school ...... seriously, if you watched them for a short while you would puke. Most have not played a lot in college and many have quit already after only a year or two. Getting money and deserving it are two very different things.
      Good observation. Although coaches can only attend so many events and the diamonds in the rough are very spread out.

Comment

Solid post. Hard to argue with this.

Also have to take into account Edp at u15 and above (HS age) turns into a intramural league since kids play HS / playing DA. By U15 kids are playing in ecnl or da.
        I liked edp before u13 and found it competitive. But by u14/15 it no longer is and we made the switch to Gda by u16 and ecnl the year after.

Comment

while all these observations about different leagues are good, having a coach with connections regardless of league played in is also important

Comment

Take the money!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X