Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Let what go? Just calling them as I see them. I think both individuals where amongst the worst characters I ran across in club soccer. Really bad characters. I wouldn't let either near a kid if it were up to me.
    You had a kid that played for both of them for at least a year? Are you a moron? How could you be that bad a judge of character as to meet them, have your kid be invited onto their teams, and then subject your kid to that kind of torment?

You should have your kid taken away from you and raised by someone else.

Comment

This site is for fact, opinion, and sharing experiences. #143 was a good post that is factual. Why shouldn't posters share their experience on here? I encourage any informed opinions not to let it go. Post away.

Good for you. Others would disagree, and the difference between the two of us is that I don't see a need to convince anyone.

Comment

Good for you. Others would disagree, and the difference between the two of us is that I don't see a need to convince anyone.
        Both character's transgressions are not just mild random examples, they are often quite mean to the kids and often used vulgarity to voice their displeasure with one. Neither could contain their frustration with kids mistakes and often led to them crossing the line. I laugh at people like you who want to hide all of this from the public. Their reputations should be tarnished for the way they carry on with kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
          Both character's transgressions are not just mild random examples, they are often quite mean to the kids and often used vulgarity to voice their displeasure with one. Neither could contain their frustration with kids mistakes and often led to them crossing the line. I laugh at people like you who want to hide all of this from the public. Their reputations should be tarnished for the way they carry on with kids.
          You are preaching to the wrong person. I have heard plenty of awful things come out of my daughter's coach's mouth, and I have heard them firsthand. Maybe you have experience at Stars or Scorpions. I don't. But to suggest that the coaches at any club are not inappropriate is ridiculous. CH was a true gentleman, but the rest?!

Comment

You are preaching to the wrong person. I have heard plenty of awful things come out of my daughter's coach's mouth, and I have heard them firsthand. Maybe you have experience at Stars or Scorpions. I don't. But to suggest that the coaches at any club are not inappropriate is ridiculous. CH was a true gentleman, but the rest?!
            BM and others were terrible to my kid and many others. I'm not going to whine about it here. We used it as a learning experience. 143 OP should do the same.

Comment

BM and others were terrible to my kid and many others. I'm not going to whine about it here. We used it as a learning experience. 143 OP should do the same.
              I am a coach myself and feel very strongly that those two people are just wrong for youth sports. The thing about them is neither were particularly good teachers in addition to being just lousy people. Fred was always too disengaged and overly myopic with his 1v1 focus. He set kids up in a drill and just leaves them running it until he re-engaged which could be 30 minutes later. Jason's penchant for winning via the long ball is his downfall. He's so worried about his club's marketing image he's terrified to let kids be creative less they make a mistake and it cost him a game. Not exactly a developmental type mindset at all.

Comment

I'm not saying these coaches are alone in being dirt bags or that they only work for those two clubs. Tarabelli from NEFC was another in the same mold. Shouldn't be allowed to coach kids. The thing is if no one calls their behavior out it just continues.

Comment

I am a coach myself and feel very strongly that those two people are just wrong for youth sports. The thing about them is neither were particularly good teachers in addition to being just lousy people. Fred was always too disengaged and overly myopic with his 1v1 focus. He set kids up in a drill and just leaves them running it until he re-engaged which could be 30 minutes later. Jason's penchant for winning via the long ball is his downfall. He's so worried about his club's marketing image he's terrified to let kids be creative less they make a mistake and it cost him a game. Not exactly a developmental type mindset at all.
                  Amen.

Comment

I'm not saying these coaches are alone in being dirt bags or that they only work for those two clubs. Tarabelli from NEFC was another in the same mold. Shouldn't be allowed to coach kids. The thing is if no one calls their behavior out it just continues.
                    And no one does because they fear the backlash

Comment

And no one does because they fear the backlash
                      Well yeah. Hardly a revelation.

Comment

FM tried to destroy a year of my D’s soccer development out of spite. He is truly a lowlife.

Comment

You must be talking about the wrong club. I have never seen JD coach long ball, and his players tend to be very technical. My honest opinion is that Stars and NEFC teams and some Scorpions and GPS teams have excellent players. -- NEFC parent

Comment

You must be talking about the wrong club. I have never seen JD coach long ball, and his players tend to be very technical. My honest opinion is that Stars and NEFC teams and some Scorpions and GPS teams have excellent players. -- NEFC parent
                            Thank you for this. I am always heartened when I read something nice here. There is a lot of respect by Stars families for NEFC players too.

Comment

LOL I have seen both of these scenarios with other coaches too. My kid was at a training with a fill in coach last night where the coach just let the kids run through drills (sloppily). I felt that because the coach didn't get more involved or encourage the kids to be sharper, that the training was a waste of time. He showed them none of the finer points of what was supposed to be accomplished in the drills. Then in the past my kid had a coach so obsessed with winning that a lot of long ball to striker was played instead of a more passing and possession style that involved the whole team. Bottom line, it is hard to find great coaches. They are few and far between.

Comment

Thank you for this. I am always heartened when I read something nice here. There is a lot of respect by Stars families for NEFC players too.
                                Apparently, there are only two of us on this board.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X