Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISL vs EIL

How much lower quality of play is EIL schools vs ISL? Are EIL still better than public school programs for boys soccer?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How much lower quality of play is EIL schools vs ISL? Are EIL still better than public school programs for boys soccer?
    An avg d1 team would mop the floor with any eil or isl inn the state. Next thread

Comment

An avg d1 team would mop the floor with any eil or isl inn the state. Next thread
      Inn the state?

Comment

Inn the state?
        And that, my fine fellow, is why ISL and EIL > ave D1 Public

Comment

An avg d1 team would mop the floor with any eil or isl in the state. Next thread

Comment

The top EIL team would be mid table in the ISL. they are smaller schools and they don’t have the same commitment to athletics. The coaches don’t recruit much, and I agree that the EIL teams would struggle against quality public school teams. The ISL is at a much higher level and would beat all D1 public school teams.

Comment

The top EIL team would be mid table in the ISL. they are smaller schools and they don’t have the same commitment to athletics. The coaches don’t recruit much, and I agree that the EIL teams would struggle against quality public school teams. The ISL is at a much higher level and would beat all D1 public school teams.
              I would think at least a few ISL teams would have scrimmaged a nearby D1 high school at some point in the past couple of years. Anyone know of any results so this question can be answered with some real data to back it up?

Comment

I would think at least a few ISL teams would have scrimmaged a nearby D1 high school at some point in the past couple of years. Anyone know of any results so this question can be answered with some real data to back it up?
                My D’s ISL team scrimmaged local D1 public today. It was either 5 or 6-0. Not competitive, but I suspect that the public school was not a perennial power.

Comment

My D’s ISL team scrimmaged local D1 public today. It was either 5 or 6-0. Not competitive, but I suspect that the public school was not a perennial power.
                  Point proven. Imagine if you played a top d1 program it would have been an even worse lose for the isl team perhaps 10-0. Next thread.

Comment

Question was about Boys now it’s about Girls. I know these current HS players as much as any other sideline dad who has watched these girls from their U13 days on The List. This is how I see it, and I don't know but I suspect it is similar for boys: ISL is most competitive league. Public School has some equally (yea, equally) competitive teams spread across leagues. EIL has some equally competitive players who star on their respective teams

NET: Individual association with a HS league says liittle about the player. Great players in all leagues, and a few embarrassing ones on even the best teams. Do what's best,.enjoy the ride

Comment

Real data on TS? Come on. Any games would be scrimmages so no record keeping and not even typical games. One guy posts about his kids' game and now it's point proven? Too funny.

To the thread OP - why do you ask? I sincerely hope you're not considering moving your kid because of soccer. Academics first and foremost. Playing school soccer has its rewards, you can even learn a few things, but the bulk of their development comes from their club experience.

Comment

Bringing this back to topic: you"re asking a general question - league vs. league and private vs. public. As it relates to ISL vs EIL drop off is significant. As other poster said some players are equivalent, not teams. As for EIL vs Public its all over the board. Need to ask the specific question is "Pingree beter than Danvers", "Lexington better than LCA"

Comment

Point proven. Imagine if you played a top d1 program it would have been an even worse lose for the isl team perhaps 10-0. Next thread.
                          Sorry, you misunderstood me (I should have been more clear). The ISL team dominated. It has half a dozen D1 recruits playing. How many D1 public schools have that kind of roster?

Comment

Real data on TS? Come on. Any games would be scrimmages so no record keeping and not even typical games. One guy posts about his kids' game and now it's point proven? Too funny.

To the thread OP - why do you ask? I sincerely hope you're not considering moving your kid because of soccer. Academics first and foremost. Playing school soccer has its rewards, you can even learn a few things, but the bulk of their development comes from their club experience.
                            Cut the sermonizing. The OP just asked about how strong EIL soccer is relative to the ISL. That doesn't mean that it's the sole criterion and nothing else matters. It just means that it's relevant to them, as it should be if you have a kid who wants to play soccer in school.

Comment

Sorry, you misunderstood me (I should have been more clear). The ISL team dominated. It has half a dozen D1 recruits playing. How many D1 public schools have that kind of roster?
                              Inconceivable! your so full of it your eyes are brown. Everyone knows d1 is the best. You sir are a troll and I will not tolorate your silly arguments any longer!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X