• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Surf going to have U-little teams?

https://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/...x?ClubID=26521

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      You gotta start somewhere. I thought more would be there given Larry's hype.
      No one except a mere few on LI by his hype. Everyone knows what's going on.

Comment

Was in Mamaroneck today and stopped by the NY Surf camp. I counted 14 kids - ranging in age from what looked like 8 to 14. I watched for around 10 minutes. Boiling hot turf field. Coaches were sitting in the shade under a tent and had the kids carry these metal lacrosse goals around the field, apparently for some drills the coaches had in mind.

A disaster.
        "Stopped by" says the pedo...you need help lol

Comment

Well, the hs turf field is smack in the middle of town, next to the town center, so it's hard to miss. i had thought about putting my Mia in the camp but instead opted for another camp being held in a park with trees/grass - better in the hot weather but worse if it's wet.

Comment

I'm glad the poster dropped by and I am glad we didn't sign up. It would have been a huge waste of time and money to go there with only 14 girls of mixed ages. IMHO Surf is not living up to their touted promise. Frankly I'm surprised Surf decided to have a camp with 14 girls. Not worth it for anyone, including Surf.

Comment

It wasn't 14 girls ... it was boys and girls totaling 14. Coed.

Comment

14 coed? That's worse! Maybe Larry was onto something when he said "LI was over-saturated."

Comment

14 coed? That's worse! Maybe Larry was onto something when he said "LI was over-saturated."
                  It's why you have all the new surf parents ripping other clubs. They want to feel like they made a good choice but appear to have a bit of buyers remorse. Perhaps all the unknowns are starting to make them a tad uneasy.

Comment

It's why you have all the new surf parents ripping other clubs. They want to feel like they made a good choice but appear to have a bit of buyers remorse. Perhaps all the unknowns are starting to make them a tad uneasy.
                    What's there to be uneasy about?

-A sudden deviation from the "Westchester Plan" to the "Nassau/Suffolk" plan
                    -No outside, unrecycled area coaches announced
                    -A former WNT player choosing not to join Surf as a coach
                    -The "Big Kahuna" crown jewel announcement has yet to be made
                    -No Surf announcement of official Nassau/Suffolk teams except Alby 07
                    -No Surf coaches listed for the LI girls teams in Got Soccer
                    -No leagues announced

Surf hasn't posted on BOTN in a long time. Also hasn't made any announcements of late. They should be putting out press releases all the time to keep their supposed momentum and hype up. Even Larry can't carry them without any new news.

Comment

What's there to be uneasy about?

-A sudden deviation from the "Westchester Plan" to the "Nassau/Suffolk" plan
                      -No outside, unrecycled area coaches announced
                      -A former WNT player choosing not to join Surf as a coach
                      -The "Big Kahuna" crown jewel announcement has yet to be made
                      -No Surf announcement of official Nassau/Suffolk teams except Alby 07
                      -No Surf coaches listed for the LI girls teams in Got Soccer
                      -No leagues announced

Surf hasn't posted on BOTN in a long time. Also hasn't made any announcements of late. They should be putting out press releases all the time to keep their supposed momentum and hype up. Even Larry can't carry them without any new news.
                      Good summation of the "18 month plan"

Larrys losing momentum of his hype train

Surf is just another pop up premier program. Nothing special here folks

Comment

Good summation of the "18 month plan"

Larrys losing momentum of his hype train

Surf is just another pop up premier program. Nothing special here folks
                        Just like with any expansion plan or franchise - it all depends on who's running the show locally. Hire weak local management or pick a weak franchisee it's not going to be as strong as your base business. Rush is another one that has a very strong original base but the performance of their expansion branches has been very mixed

Comment

So KK is coaching the Surf LI 02/U15 team? I thought he was doing just Atletico.

https://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/...TeamID=1039879

Comment

It looks like KK is giving up on Surf and switching to a partnership with Brentwood so I would take that coaches assignment for what it's worth, nothing.

Comment

I agree with the above. I don't know him but know of him. He seems to know the soccer landscape and when to bail. I also don't see him giving up power and being in charge.

Comment

EDP League and accepted teams. Click on "Club Directory."

http://maps.gotsport.com/clubsite/Le...?EventID=53136

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X