Club DA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whether you choose to acknowledge this or not, does not change that fact at a Washington, FC and Crossfire have become the destination clubs for boys and girls that once upon a time might have chosen Westside. I am stating a fact. In my opinion, that is happening because Westside cannot evolve. They are stuck in the past. Kind of reminds me of Manchester United. Okay, feel free to clap back with some meaningless insult about my Son, or his team now! (I promise, I am laughing at you right now)[/QUOTE]

You have a point about Westside's failure to evolve, but the three clubs you mentioned are not destination clubs. Washington has a great program but not a lot of people drive their kids across the river to go train there 3 times a week. Crossfire hardly ever takes in kids that did not grow up in one of their 2 feeder clubs. FC has turned over more of its coaching staff in the past couple of years than any other club. They aren't destination clubs.

I get it - you hate Westside. I am not saying there aren't problems with the club. But your posts indicate this is more personal than any objective view of the club.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Whether you choose to acknowledge this or not, does not change that fact at a Washington, FC and Crossfire have become the destination clubs for boys and girls that once upon a time might have chosen Westside. I am stating a fact. In my opinion, that is happening because Westside cannot evolve. They are stuck in the past. Kind of reminds me of Manchester United. Okay, feel free to clap back with some meaningless insult about my Son, or his team now! (I promise, I am laughing at you right now)
      You have a point about Westside's failure to evolve, but the three clubs you mentioned are not destination clubs. Washington has a great program but not a lot of people drive their kids across the river to go train there 3 times a week. Crossfire hardly ever takes in kids that did not grow up in one of their 2 feeder clubs. FC has turned over more of its coaching staff in the past couple of years than any other club. They aren't destination clubs.

I get it - you hate Westside. I am not saying there aren't problems with the club. But your posts indicate this is more personal than any objective view of the club.[/QUOTE]

Wrong. You do not get it at all. Of course people from the westside are not driving over to Vancouver. However, kids from Vancouver are no longer driving over to the Westside. Seriously, are you at all familiar with Westside, or are you a newer parent? I do not hate Westside at all. My daughter plays for Westside. I get it, you are a Timber lemming, but wake up. Oh, and FC? They are going to be fine. Seriously, wake up.

Comment

Clearly you are as dumb as your comments indicate. I have never claimed, nor do I feel the need to claim that my son is one of the best. My son plays soccer. Where, who've plays for, and why he plays are his choices. You see, I do not and will not ever try to live through my child's accomplishments. For that matter, I will also not try and cheat him out of earning whatever accolades he can, by playing politics. I love sports and KNOW the value they can bring to one's life. They teach a person how to work hard, prepare, deal with adversity and function as a team. My son (and I) are quite comfortable with his development as a human being. I hope you are with your son (assuming you have one?) as well. Having said all that, Westside is in trouble and we both know it. Whether you choose to acknowledge this or not, does not change that fact at all. Washington, FC and Crossfire have become the destination clubs for boys and girls that once upon a time might have chosen Westside. I am stating a fact. In my opinion, that is happening because Westside cannot evolve. They are stuck in the past. Kind of reminds me of Manchester United. Okay, feel free to clap back with some meaningless insult about my Son, or his team now! (I promise, I am laughing at you right now)
        No Westside has not evolved into also rans at HS ages like the others.

They just keep on being the gold standard at the most consolidated and competitive age groups (HS)

Middle School Memories fade, but in this case you cant even throw shade.

Comment

No Westside has not evolved into also rans at HS ages like the others.

They just keep on being the gold standard at the most consolidated and competitive age groups (HS)

Middle School Memories fade, but in this case you cant even throw shade.
          Thank you for proving my point. You speak of the past and reference middle school memories, whilst failing to realize the middle schoolers now, are your high schoolers next year. Westside middle school age kids have not been successful at all. Cling to the past, I do not care. I am just calling it now, and again, I am a Westside parent (although my daughter is a senior).

Comment

Thank you for proving my point. You speak of the past and reference middle school memories, whilst failing to realize the middle schoolers now, are your high schoolers next year. Westside middle school age kids have not been successful at all. Cling to the past, I do not care. I am just calling it now, and again, I am a Westside parent (although my daughter is a senior).
            Maybe this will be the year Westside followed by FC, EST, Capital & 4-h do not dominate the HS oysa ages. Buddy all you can do is hope. History and last May's tryouts tells us to expect the same ole, same ole.

Clubs left with shells of their teams, due to the states best players elevated to Timbers DA is the middle school leftover league realities.

No one cares about the outcomes or standard of these skeleton crews, they play for nothing and turn into their typical club fodder hallmark at HS ages. Same as it ever was.

Comment

Maybe this will be the year Westside followed by FC, EST, Capital & 4-h do not dominate the HS oysa ages. Buddy all you can do is hope. History and last May's tryouts tells us to expect the same ole, same ole.

Clubs left with shells of their teams, due to the states best players elevated to Timbers DA is the middle school leftover league realities.

No one cares about the outcomes or standard of these skeleton crews, they play for nothing and turn into their typical club fodder hallmark at HS ages. Same as it ever was.
              Me thinketh the lady doth protest. Why are you so threatened? Again, you refernce "history" as if that will help. You make disparaging remarks like "no one cares about the skeleton crews" "they play for nothing." Very telling comments about you and your insecurities about your child's status and yourself. Oh and buddy, the times they are a changing. I am fine with you being the last to know.

Comment

I get it - you hate Westside. I am not saying there aren't problems with the club. But your posts indicate this is more personal than any objective view of the club.
                Wrong. You do not get it at all. Of course people from the westside are not driving over to Vancouver. However, kids from Vancouver are no longer driving over to the Westside. Seriously, are you at all familiar with Westside, or are you a newer parent? I do not hate Westside at all. My daughter plays for Westside. I get it, you are a Timber lemming, but wake up. Oh, and FC? They are going to be fine. Seriously, wake up.
                Local soccer environment has changed, folks. Wasn't long ago, before the TA, that certain clubs--Westside being the most prominent--were destination clubs for elite-track players. Now, the TA has largely subsumed that role, and Westside's catchment area has shrunk, and other local clubs (Washington and Crossfire included) have grown somewhat in prominence.

And believe it or not--Westside is fine with a lot of this.

They still are a great incubator of talent, and still provide a large number of kids to TA (even more if you count kids that went from WT to another club to TA). And even if you think the current 05 squad isn't very good (though they sure smacked WashT in the mouth this weekend), imagine if JBC or RTR or AB or RH were to return from the Academy. Not all of them will make the Big Cull that the Timbers will eventually do, after all, but I'm sure all of em will continue to play competitive soccer.

Of course, the same argument does apply to FC--if GM or ZA or RF or TE return, FC will be fine as well. Will be interesting to see what happens with ADF--the other club that supplied the bulk of the 05 talent (even if some of it was chosen for less than savory reasons); will they continue to operate in the high school years, and keep their team?

Comment

Me thinketh the lady doth protest. Why are you so threatened? Again, you refernce "history" as if that will help. You make disparaging remarks like "no one cares about the skeleton crews" "they play for nothing." Very telling comments about you and your insecurities about your child's status and yourself. Oh and buddy, the times they are a changing. I am fine with you being the last to know.
                  Too bad results and talent produced aren't reflected in your 'changing times' narrative.

All the best sport.

Comment

Too bad results and talent produced aren't reflected in your 'changing times' narrative.

All the best sport.
                    Im sure they aren’t st your club. But then again your coaches are teaching the game like it’s 1994

Comment

Cleaning up last 2 weeks results:

Week 3 (last week):
                      Crossfire - Capital
                      07:
                      06: 7-0 Xfire
                      05: 3-2 Xfire

UPDX-Washington Timbers
                      07: 6-4 WA_T
                      06: 2-1 Updx
                      05: 2-0 WA_T

FC- Westside
                      07:
                      06:
                      05: 4-3 FC

06: 1-0 Westside
                      05:

FC - Crossfire
                      07: 3-2 FC
                      06: 6-0 Xfire
                      05: 2-1 Xfire

Capital - Updx
                      07: 2-5 Capital
                      06: 3-1 Updx
                      05: 1-3 Capital
                      Still some 07 scores missing from week 3.

Comment

Week 3:
                        07 FC Portland 2- Westside 0

Comment

Cleaning up last 2 weeks results:

Week 3 (last week):
                          Crossfire - Capital
                          07:
                          06: 7-0 Xfire
                          05: 3-2 Xfire

UPDX-Washington Timbers
                          07: 6-4 WA_T
                          06: 2-1 Updx
                          05: 2-0 WA_T

FC- Westside
                          07:
                          06:
                          05: 4-3 FC

06:
                          05:

FC - Crossfire
                          07: 3-2 FC
                          06:
                          05: 2-1 Xfire

Capital - Updx
                          07:
                          06:
                          05:
                          05 Westside 2, Washington 1
                          05: CFC 3, UPDX 1
                          06: UPDX 3, CFC 1

Comment

Local soccer environment has changed, folks. Wasn't long ago, before the TA, that certain clubs--Westside being the most prominent--were destination clubs for elite-track players. Now, the TA has largely subsumed that role, and Westside's catchment area has shrunk, and other local clubs (Washington and Crossfire included) have grown somewhat in prominence.

And believe it or not--Westside is fine with a lot of this.

They still are a great incubator of talent, and still provide a large number of kids to TA (even more if you count kids that went from WT to another club to TA). And even if you think the current 05 squad isn't very good (though they sure smacked WashT in the mouth this weekend), imagine if JBC or RTR or AB or RH were to return from the Academy. Not all of them will make the Big Cull that the Timbers will eventually do, after all, but I'm sure all of em will continue to play competitive soccer.

Of course, the same argument does apply to FC--if GM or ZA or RF or TE return, FC will be fine as well. Will be interesting to see what happens with ADF--the other club that supplied the bulk of the 05 talent (even if some of it was chosen for less than savory reasons); will they continue to operate in the high school years, and keep their team?
                            Westside & FC PDX still are the destination clubs for the top local boys in, the only difference is with the TA in town their best players move on to this platform as tiny tikes and then most return to one of these two clubs at HS ages. Nothing has changed except the Timbers Academy is now the top of the pyramid and seemingly borrows these kids for 1 to 3 years.

Given the realities of our population surge over the last decade and wonderful traffic congestion that accompanies it, staying local as a younger makes sense, as parents must drive. But, once in HS the kid can drive to play with best players.

Comment

All the best sport.
                              Talent produced? I don't want to assume anything so please explain. I hope you're not actually referring to Talent produced from Westside in the past, are you?

Comment

Talent produced? I don't want to assume anything so please explain. I hope you're not actually referring to Talent produced from Westside in the past, are you?
                                Wikipedia or Google is a good place to start if you want to learn about prodigious Soccer Talent produced from Oregon and which clubs groomed them. Always best to research the topic and have knowledge vs. being so last year. You aren't serious are you?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X