Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Screw DK and SUSA! Was great to watch the G09s smack around the SUSA 09s with all of their KK girls.

AS for the office dude and his wife.... no argument there.
    You're excited about a U10 team? 9 year olds, lol??? Give it another couple of years when those girls are scrambling to find a team because KK screwed them over and just left them hanging after a bunch of empty promises.

Don't believe me? That's OK, I didn't believe it either when it happened to the older teams (01s, 02s) and everyone said it would happen to my daughter (04) too. But guess what, it did. He dumped what was once an awesome team onto anyone who would take them, playing for a different club, but still kind of Atletico, every year. Good luck, there's a reason the club doesn't have any older teams and the excuse that "it's a new club" doesn't fly anymore.

Comment

A few years ago KK had a great program and should have gone and bolstered his staff and had a top team in every age-group. Instead poor decisions, DK screwing him over and letting the inmates run the asylum he is now is struggling to keep club relevant.

Comment

Amen!!!!! DK leaving has destroyed Atletico. LB and his wife have run the program into the ground!!! #NOTfakenews #Titanticsankfaster
        DK and the 5 players that left with him didn’t destroy KK. He is not doing so hot at SUSA either. He will be lucky to make it another 2 years with them.

Comment

At this point, why are you people beating a dead horse ! Not sure why this thread keeps going on and on. It's a tough business/different business now and tough to keep up with all these new pop up academies across Long Island/NYC promising all the boys the dream of being being a professional player and playing overseas. Good luck with that and these new clubs are just as messed up administratively, trust me.

Comment

You're excited about a U10 team? 9 year olds, lol??? Give it another couple of years when those girls are scrambling to find a team because KK screwed them over and just left them hanging after a bunch of empty promises.

Don't believe me? That's OK, I didn't believe it either when it happened to the older teams (01s, 02s) and everyone said it would happen to my daughter (04) too. But guess what, it did. He dumped what was once an awesome team onto anyone who would take them, playing for a different club, but still kind of Atletico, every year. Good luck, there's a reason the club doesn't have any older teams and the excuse that "it's a new club" doesn't fly anymore.
            Funny you say that, saw the SUSA ECNL 04 roster, it is the Atletico team that went to the Nationals. Minus one stud who I have heard is on her way over. Good luck to all of you, it has always been fun watching this group play.

Comment

DK and the 5 players that left with him didn’t destroy KK. He is not doing so hot at SUSA either. He will be lucky to make it another 2 years with them.
              DK leaving the office did destroy Atletico. You need to realize that. The club has never been the same since he left. The man in the office is no where capable of handling the workload and managing all of the things DK did. Sorry if you are friends with him and want to protect him, but DK leaving has in fact destroyed Atletico.

Comment

At this point, why are you people beating a dead horse ! Not sure why this thread keeps going on and on. It's a tough business/different business now and tough to keep up with all these new pop up academies across Long Island/NYC promising all the boys the dream of being being a professional player and playing overseas. Good luck with that and these new clubs are just as messed up administratively, trust me.
                Dont read the thread. LMAO. you cant stop bc its like watching Nascar, you only watch for the crashes. Same here, you cant stop reading.

Comment

Agreed, there are a lot of these clubs and organizations claiming to have a pathway for kids that doesn't really exist or costs an extortionate amount of $$$.

Comment

KK Atletico is quietly begging for players

Agreed, there are a lot of these clubs and organizations claiming to have a pathway for kids that doesn't really exist or costs an extortionate amount of $$$.
                    I think when Valencia, Barca, Paris St. Germain, Bayern Munich, Juventus (all academies with NY/NJ roots say they have a pathway for the kids to become pro....I believe them.

I think as a parent...if you actually believe your kid is good enough to make it....You are dumber and more niaeve than a bag of rocks....you kid is not good enough. just look at the numbers, the chances of your kid being a pro is about a million to 1 (litteraly)

Comment

I think when Valencia, Barca, Paris St. Germain, Bayern Munich, Juventus (all academies with NY/NJ roots say they have a pathway for the kids to become pro....I believe them.

I think as a parent...if you actually believe your kid is good enough to make it....You are dumber and more niaeve than a bag of rocks....you kid is not good enough. just look at the numbers, the chances of your kid being a pro is about a million to 1 (litteraly)
                      Nonsense, look at the European employment laws as a starter and FIFA article 18, countries are awash with their own talent they are not going to go through getting visa's etc for a kid on the off chance they might make it unless they are already in the top 0.0000001%. They do not have a genuine pathway, just a revenue stream for the club they are representing. Soon as you people wake up and realize this the better.

Comment

Funny you say that, saw the SUSA ECNL 04 roster, it is the Atletico team that went to the Nationals. Minus one stud who I have heard is on her way over. Good luck to all of you, it has always been fun watching this group play.
                        Anyone who knows the Atletico 04 team that went to nationals knows who the "one stud" is that you're talking about. Please enlighten us on how you know that she's going to SUSA because everything I know says there is no chance in hell that happens.

Comment

Anyone who knows the Atletico 04 team that went to nationals knows who the "one stud" is that you're talking about. Please enlighten us on how you know that she's going to SUSA because everything I know says there is no chance in hell that happens.
                          It is happening. Lots of negotiations between Susa and EM to create one unified squad. The 04 roster will soon be updated along with the old Atletico 04 goalie as well.

Comment

The original post couldn't be any further from the truth, I'm looking at the roster right now because my kid is in the team.
                            -12 players are from Susa and have been playing for SUSA for several years-comprised of players from ISA, Dix Hills, Bayport, Massapequa & FCLI
                            -1 player from Smithtown
                            -1 player from Albertson
                            -3 players from the old Atletico 04 who played for LISC last year
                            -2 former Atletico players who played for Smithtown last year
                            -1 Atletico player who played for Susa last year
                            That's a total of 6 players from that 04 Atletico team. It's posted for public viewing, feel free to look for yourself...

As far as other players from that team that are playing elsewhere, there are several excellent players that any team would LOVE to have and we continue to wish them the best and root for their success wherever they play. Please cut the crap and don't start rumors or drag these kids into whatever BS agenda you have going. Thanks!!!

Comment

It is happening. Lots of negotiations between Susa and EM to create one unified squad. The 04 roster will soon be updated along with the old Atletico 04 goalie as well.
                              You're absolutely full of crap you effing loser! Just because the teams and coaches don't hate each other doesn't mean there's some nefarious negotiating. God, get a life. This isn't u9 "my team is better than your team" crap. These kids are working their butts off and are entering into the recruiting phase, comraderie is a good thing.

Comment

Not only is this not true, it doesn't make any sense. Why would Susa want the "Atletico 04 team that went to Nationals" last year, when Susa went to Nationals this year and fared better than Atletico did the year before? Atletico went 1-1-1, not terrible but...
                                Susa went 2-1, beating 2 ECNL teams, made it to the final 4 and lost to the team that won the whole thing.
                                Like you said, good luck to all the players but let's keep the facts straight

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X