RDS Showcase team inquiry

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sound like its not worth it, so all of you stay home so my kid can go.......

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      sound like its not worth it, so all of you stay home so my kid can go.......
      Probably the only way she'll make it.

Comment

absolutely..... unlike many parents here i am realistic about my kid.... She is not the next USA national team member, but a great B player who loves the game...... We are not thinking of college dreams.. just fun......

Holy crap , kids soccer is suppose to be fun.....

Comment

absolutely..... unlike many parents here i am realistic about my kid.... She is not the next USA national team member, but a great B player who loves the game...... We are not thinking of college dreams.. just fun......

Holy crap , kids soccer is suppose to be fun.....

It is fun. Avoid the toxicity and have fun.

Use the RDS tryout as a training session. If your player is selected great and if not, the redbulls are professionals and usually run a quality tryout which a player can still enjoy and learn from even if not selected. If selected and have the time and money to attend, the soccer coliseum always does a good job with their indoor tournaments. Sometime the competition is strong and sometimes weaker. My player is older now but always enjoyed the events in teaneck. Manage your expectations, give it a try and see what you think.

Comment

It is fun. Avoid the toxicity and have fun.

Use the RDS tryout as a training session. If your player is selected great and if not, the redbulls are professionals and usually run a quality tryout which a player can still enjoy and learn from even if not selected. If selected and have the time and money to attend, the soccer coliseum always does a good job with their indoor tournaments. Sometime the competition is strong and sometimes weaker. My player is older now but always enjoyed the events in teaneck. Manage your expectations, give it a try and see what you think.
            Redbulls always did a good job of positive reinforcement and building up all the players verbally even if they did not get selected. Seems like an obvious thing to do but is actually rare.

Comment

the tryouts are small sided games, so like most tryouts, they know who they are looking for and everyone else is just there to make up the #s. no real training in tryouts, so unless you definitely think your kid is in the top 1%, don't be a hero.

Comment

the tryouts are small sided games, so like most tryouts, they know who they are looking for and everyone else is just there to make up the #s. no real training in tryouts, so unless you definitely think your kid is in the top 1%, don't be a hero.
                While it may be true that they know who they are looking for, I don't necessarily think that what they are looking for is obvious. My daughter definitely wasn't an obvious choice if you went purely on skill compared to many of the other players at the tryout, yet she was selected to the winter showcase team multiple times.

Definitely no harm in going to the tryouts. If selected, you can decide if you want to pay to participate then.

Comment

ours is for Oct 29th ..... just trying to get an idea if it is worth it. What is the benefit? to me is sounds like just bragging rights... any real benefit for the child?
                  Most training with the Red Bulls are high quality. Extra touches, different players and competition is always good, Question then becomes if it's worth your time and money given location etc. Where people get suckered with RBulls is the families of boys who think their kid will get discovered. RDS or other RB training should only be thought of as extra quality training, nothing more.

Comment

By the way.... do you know if there is any agreement btw RB and NYCFC ?

my friend's son is playing for RB regional team and was invited to NYCFC (City training). but his son couldn't join to NYCFC. just curious

Comment

By the way.... do you know if there is any agreement btw RB and NYCFC ?

my friend's son is playing for RB regional team and was invited to NYCFC (City training). but his son couldn't join to NYCFC. just curious
                      seems strange since regional teams aren't yet academy (or academy age), where in season tryouts are verboten. would seem to be unfair for pre-academy kids. can't believe it has anything to do with territory as their territories substantially overlap (unless the kid lives in far west NJ).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X