Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not what im saying. The 2/3 was taken from the op. At some clubs its more, some less. I HATE the way everything is defined on a relative basis. Im not having a go at you but you said...

I have one kid who’s got enough talent to make the top team

why is that relevant if the top team is not very good? Or maybe if they are excellent its no failing of your other kid not to be on one.

its how Clubs operate and it follows on from my point. How hard you work and how driven you are to succeed is on the player. Clubs tend to appear to be favoring kids that have talent and work hard because they tend to appear to get most of the opportunities. I believe thats because most earn them.

Players need to own their own development and take responsibility for the results. Practice in a focused manner. Watch games on TV. Do things on your own to get better and use the Clubs facilities to your own advantage.

if you are not helping yourself then you can blame anyone else. Not you, but too many families expect the Clubs to hand them success on a silver platter. It carries on as well .

Parents say things like, my kid plays D1 - she may be getting nothing to sit on the bench at a team with a 300RPI or starting for Stanford. Those things are clearly not the same.
    Very good point regarding the top team. I’m speaking more in terms of the top team at her own club. Labeling that they are a top team is very misleading. I do think some players have a ceiling and can’t go any higher. They can improve by working hard, but they are who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Very good point regarding the top team. I’m speaking more in terms of the top team at her own club. Labeling that they are a top team is very misleading. I do think some players have a ceiling and can’t go any higher. They can improve by working hard, but they are who they are.
      That is where 90% of the parental delusion is born. They usually think that making the “top” means that their kid is close to being something simply because they think that top team designation is significant. There is precious little objectivity in all of this.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X