Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goal Differential is not a Valid tiebreaker for teams that haven't played the same sc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goal Differential is not a Valid tiebreaker for teams that haven't played the same sc

When are tournament directors and state cup organizers going to realize that goal differential is not a fair tiebreaker for teams that play in different groups? A flip of a coin would be fairer. Goal differential is only meaningful if you've played the same teams.

Every tournament flight has at least one team that doesn't belong where they've been placed. You know, the team that goes 0-3 with a -20 differential?

Why should that random placement benefit those teams twice - once with an easy win and one with an inflated differential?

Just my pet peeve. Thanks for listening.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    When are tournament directors and state cup organizers going to realize that goal differential is not a fair tiebreaker for teams that play in different groups? A flip of a coin would be fairer. Goal differential is only meaningful if you've played the same teams.

Every tournament flight has at least one team that doesn't belong where they've been placed. You know, the team that goes 0-3 with a -20 differential?

Why should that random placement benefit those teams twice - once with an easy win and one with an inflated differential?

Just my pet peeve. Thanks for listening.
    I think most cap any game scoring at 4 goals towards the differential to minimize that. Also in most we have played we all play the same teams in a grouping.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    Working...
    X