Nona Cup was the best tournament for a while

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The alliance cup was definitely better, but it is established and has FKK behind it. I was surprised at how good the Nona event was as a first year event with a new club running it. I would recommend the alliance Cup over it, but would recommend Nona too unless you have a top level encl team. TBUs ECNL teams on the boys side would compete well in the second bracket. FKKs boys teams would dominate. So it is somewhere between the 2.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well the Alliance Cup was much much better. Did Nona have any ECNL teams or even ECNLR teams?

Comment

Grandma Nona best apple pie !

Comment

The Alliance Cup was much better all the way around and had much better competition. My kids teams played in both.
        I have been told by other parents that I am friends with, come to this club its so good, its like a family. Trying to sell me this top notch academy when all it is, is a community club in an area that doesnt fit my tax bracket. Same parents who sell me family and community were acting like buffoons at these mediocre level games. I saw on the field near me that the security had to come break up a argument. Nothing new, that happens often but thats my point, nothing about that place made it special.

Comment

Man this tournament had it all great fields, great competition and high level referees. Nona is doing a great job building that brand.
          This guy got it right, for those who are not local, he is correct. They are building a brand not an academy.

Full disclosure I’m an FKK dad, that place just wants some attention.

They had no ECNL teams there because they can’t participate in that league

Comment

Worst officiating I've seen in a long time. One of the referees came up to our team prior to the game and said to the team, "We are always right and you are always wrong. If you question us you will get a yellow card". That is how they set the tone for the garbage referring that went on the whole tournament.
            As it should be, too many idiot parents that think they know the game.
            You’re the perfect example why there is a shortage of referees in central Florida

Comment

props to Fabio.

Very good tournament. Beautiful setting.

The level is very low. Maybe with time it will be acknowledged as a legitimate tournament as for now its a low entry tournament for a market that is just wanting to play.

Comment

props to Fabio.

Very good tournament. Beautiful setting.

The level is very low. Maybe with time it will be acknowledged as a legitimate tournament as for now its a low entry tournament for a market that is just wanting to play.
                "props to Fabio."???

He didn't run the tournament, only provides his own teams and fields. The event is run by Bill Fisher who also runs Weston Cup. Props to Bill.

Comment

"props to Fabio."???

He didn't run the tournament, only provides his own teams and fields. The event is run by Bill Fisher who also runs Weston Cup. Props to Bill.
                  Fabio is the best https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iotHjy0APvA

Comment

Lmao I cried. This Fabio has far less hair, but loves the camera equally. Smh. Look at me look at me I have an academy. So does 5 out of 10 South Americans in Florida.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X