Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the economy change your participation in club?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the economy change your participation in club?

Did COVID and the resulting economic fallout impact your child’s ability to participate in club?

For me, no because he need one final season for recruiting purposes

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Did COVID and the resulting economic fallout impact your child’s ability to participate in club?

For me, no because he need one final season for recruiting purposes
    No.

But the reality is, it's a shell of what it was. Virtual trainings for a while, lack of games, shut down for HS and then players coming back are injured, tournaments cancelled, etc.

My kid is still going, but....

Comment

We used PUA funding to pay all our club expenses.

Comment

I worked the whole time and my stocks/401k are absolutely through the roof. I'll be retiring 5 years early and I'm looking at a second home right now. It's been a great year.

Comment

I think HS aged kids that want to get recruited have little choice but to stay on the hamster wheel. Younger families can still put it on hold for awhile and see how it falls out post covid. Regardless I think many families liked getting their lives back to some extent - no weekends crossing multiple state lines for tournaments and games. Some are re-evaluating where they're spending their time and money and prioritizing a few things instead of doing lots of things. Some have no choice but to cut out of necessity. There will be some consolidation for sure. Survival of the fittest for clubs and leagues.

Comment

The pandemic has been so eye opening for us. Perfect time to get off the hamster wheel. My kids will finish up club this year but next year we are moving to a low key club that will allow for multiple sports.

Comment

I’m up 32%, my house is up 19%, and no change in participation.

2020 has its ups!

Comment

We are at SSS so no worries at our club. We have alot of well off parents.

Comment

We are at SSS so no worries at our club. We have alot of well off parents.
                  All good for us thankfully. A little more down time but not much. Plus I am dating a well off married SSS mom.

Comment

All good for us thankfully. A little more down time but not much. Plus I am dating a well off married SSS mom.
                    Who keeps hers high and tight no doubt

Comment

I’m up 32%, my house is up 19%, and no change in participation.

2020 has its ups!
                      I’m up about 10 pounds.

Comment

Slown in the spring, but plenty of summer trainings. My kid has played more games since August then in any other fall season. More practices too. Futsal starting up and still playing well organized outdoor scrimages between clubs, intra-club and town soccer, even town vs club. We are wiped out and ready for things to slow down a bit in a couple of weeks. What a great season. Sorry not everyone had this experience this year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X