Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College soccer

Apparently you FAILED TO READ OR COMPREHEND my first post. Kid received offers from JUCO, NAIA, D1, D2 AND D3. HIS D1 OFFER MONEY WAS FOR A FULL ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP. YOU ARE AN IDIOT IF YOU DON'T THINK I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. I ALSO SERVE AS A HIGH SCHOOL ADMINISTRATOR WHO HAS STUDENTS, GIRLS AND BOYS WHO SIGN NLI EACH YEAR. I hope the capital letters helps you dsee i know exactly what Im talking about.

Comment

God help the kids at your school. You are an idiot certified.

Comment

And you are definitely a dummy because coaches know which kids are what level. Juco offers and D1 offers really? Get off this board dummy. No capital letters needed

Comment

College soccer

Afraid you know nothing about. Kid did have offers from all divisions. Kids team had 75 colleges at one game as they were highly ranked nationally. Just because you think not doesnt make it so. I was more proud he had thecourage to turn them all down to attend the engineering university he chose. He knew he wasnt playing professionally so he said his education was most important. I supported his decision. I do get lots of thanks by my students because I am well versed in the recruiting process. You believe what you want but it is evident I know of which I speak. Hope your kid has the academic and athletic talent...it takes both!

Comment

You keep telling yourself that. You are definitely clueless and oh wow you are well spoken. 75 schools. Nationally ranked team. Let me guess got soccer points😂😂😂😂. Just say my kid wasn’t good enough to play college soccer.

Comment

College soccer

Ok your kids not good enough to play college soccer. Sorry you have no confidence in your own kid. Sad! Yes we did have that many. Yes Nationally ranked and were #1 in southeast last year pre-covid. You of course would not be on the same fields since your kid isn't good enough to play college. Btw I'm not from Florida...yes 75 teams. You should be able to figure out which showcase we attended and won every game we played.

Comment

# 1 team in southeast. That is laughable at best. What real tournaments actually have a winner. It’s 3 games in a showcases and you go home. That is if you actually play in a real league dummy. PS was your kid an ODP superstar? This conversation is above you by few few levels

Comment

College soccer

Not ODP but for some players in less populated areas it is a good way to get seen. You are certainly not too smart when it comes to recruiting. Most is done at showcases. Soccer programs have limited recruiting budgets. Teams provide fliers for coaches with biographical information, SAT scores and GPAs. At least quality teams do but you wouldn't know that because your kid can't play college soccer as you said.

Comment

College soccer

Btw the fliers have the players email addresses. Thus they get emails and offers from multiple college divisions. I wanted to be sure you understood how it works since your kid won't be invited.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                      Even at 30, they dont get full. The 14 for women's programs are for fully funded programs. Most are not fully funded except for the perennial powerhouses. Mens is 35 - 40 so the 9 is even smaller amount thus relying on academic money to scholarship players. Saw stat most women team freshmen may get max of 1/4 scholarship.
                      Several false statements here.

Lots and lots of programs are fully funded with 14 scholarships to chop up not just the perennial powerhouses.’will this change Post Covid? Maybe.

1/4 scholarship “max” for freshman girls is also not accurate. Most? Maybe. All? Definitely not.

Comment

College soccer

Again looking for an argument most/many. I nevervsaid all when it came to 1/4. I referenced an article I read which said freshmen received 1/4 scholarship for soccer thus academics was important. Your points are weak at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                          Again looking for an argument most/many. I nevervsaid all when it came to 1/4. I referenced an article I read which said freshmen received 1/4 scholarship for soccer thus academics was important. Your points are weak at best.
                          The wording of your previous post is weak at best and misleading.

Since many top level players get much much more then “max of 1/4 scholarship.” You should have said something like...“1/4 scholarship is typically the max awarded to most freshman girls, however some players receive more and in rare cases even a full ride.” That would have been accurate.

Comment

How many prime girls are getting even 1/4?

That’s a great recruiting “come pay prime” selling point

Comment

College soccer

While that is hard to say who is getting what part of the 14 scholarships, the first question is what soccer division did they sign to D1, D2, D3, NAIA, JUCO, etc., etc. D3 has no athletic scholarships while NAIA and JUCO have to be creative. Bottom line is coaches like players with strong academics. Every dollar that comes from academics is one less from their finite budget. My kid was offered D1 but based on his SAT score and GPA, he met the Universities requirement for their highest academic scholarship so the coach had to allocate no money to him out of his soccer scholarship budget of 9 full scholarships.

Comment

College soccer

And for the poster who said I said "max", that word is not in my post. I simply stated what I read in an article which said the 1/4 scholarship allocation for freshmen was typical.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X