Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Disney Showcase Happen

What are the odds the Disney Showcase over christmas break takes place? It looks like the ESPN WWS is shut down currently.

I am not from Florida so wonder what it looks like there in terms of covid, sports leagues playing and if this showcase will be shutdown or not.

Making travel plans is a PITA in a COVID World.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What are the odds the Disney Showcase over christmas break takes place? It looks like the ESPN WWS is shut down currently.

I am not from Florida so wonder what it looks like there in terms of covid, sports leagues playing and if this showcase will be shutdown or not.

If I had a magic 8 ball it would likely say "chances unlikely". With Covid numbers spiking nationwide and Disney being a super cautious organization I doubt they will have the tournament.

Comment

Leagues are playing
      Tournaments are happening
      Disney is open with limited capacity

Comment

We are currently playing, don't see why it wouldn't continue. I could see limited age groups, but I would think it would go on.

Comment

Thanks for the local input. Will probably wait to book flights and buy park tickets. As with all these soccer trips turning it into a family trip as well.

Here in my home state, Texas, leagues and tournaments are playing like normal. But with numbers spiking all over the country, not sure how long that lasts. Have friends in CA that haven't even practiced since March.

Comment

Thanks for the local input. Will probably wait to book flights and buy park tickets. As with all these soccer trips turning it into a family trip as well.

Here in my home state, Texas, leagues and tournaments are playing like normal. But with numbers spiking all over the country, not sure how long that lasts. Have friends in CA that haven't even practiced since March.
            It all ends after next week anyway, book your flights!

Comment

Can't escape the political idiots on here.. SMDH..

Comment

If I had a magic 8 ball it would likely say "chances unlikely". With Covid numbers spiking nationwide and Disney being a super cautious organization I doubt they will have the tournament.
                Why not tournaments are playing everywhere..are you sure your not hoping its cancelled? Your not a biden supporter are you?

Comment

Very true after trump wins all the trolls will go in there holes for 4 more years..I hope this teachers the left not to run retarded old men for president next time

Comment

Why not tournaments are playing everywhere..are you sure your not hoping its cancelled? Your not a biden supporter are you?
                    No just an adult with common sense who can think independently and realize that a freaking airborne virus doesn't care about who you vote for...

Comment

ESPN Wide World of Sports is still closed. My best guess is it will not happen.

Comment

As an employee @ WWoS/WDW we have been told do not expect any winter events on the amateur side/ youth sports. As of today,Friday 10/30 we do not have it on the schedule.

Comment

Mickey Mouse is a liberal. No tournament.

Comment

As an employee @ WWoS/WDW we have been told do not expect any winter events on the amateur side/ youth sports. As of today,Friday 10/30 we do not have it on the schedule.

Are you serious Clark?

Comment

the problem with the tournament is other states have travel restrictions that if teams come to florida they will have to quarantine for 14 days when they return (this includes any parents or siblings that join them) It's about money , Disney needs it. If they can make some they will have it .. If just Florida teams they probably will not. not many coaches listed as attending why pay 2k for a showcase with no colleges?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X