Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New England Breweries Convenient to Fields

How about a thread that will hopefully be useful for traveling parents? I'll start:

For games at World Class in Orangeburg, NY, I can recommend Defiant Brewing Company in Pearl River, NY. Just 6 minute drive from the fields.

http://www.defiantbrewing.com/our-roots

If you find yourself in Ludlow MA playing at Lusitano Stadium, then head over to Iron Duke Brewing which is about 2 minutes away.

http://irondukebrewing.com/

Comment

Damn. I always wanted to build an app to show you the closest pubs near the fields. Great threads.

I don't have a lot of breweries in mind, but do know of a pub near just about everywhere my kid has played...

Comment

finally a good idea for a thread!

Comment

Type "brewery" in Waze and like magic you have a listing of breweries listed near and far. Grab one or two drafts and let your kid practice without them feeling mom/dad is judging their every move. You might even forget to ask them about practice on the way home. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Type "brewery" in Waze and like magic you have a listing of breweries listed near and far. Grab one or two drafts and let your kid practice without them feeling mom/dad is judging their every move. You might even forget to ask them about practice on the way home. Lol.
            I've got a decent rotation around town to hit up 3-4 days a week. Got a little "Norm!" action now in some places.

But, seriously, go find a place and stay out of the coaches hair.

Comment

Damn. I always wanted to build an app to show you the closest pubs near the fields. Great threads.

I don't have a lot of breweries in mind, but do know of a pub near just about everywhere my kid has played...
              If you are a Bolts parent practicing at Mt Ida...O'Hara's Food & Spirits in Newton is a nice pub with great food.

Seacoast in Amesbury...it was always enjoyable to have a beer and look down on the field.

Comment

Backyard Brewery in Manchester NH if you are playing up there, good local brews and good food!

Comment

If you are a Bolts parent practicing at Mt Ida...O'Hara's Food & Spirits in Newton is a nice pub with great food.

Seacoast in Amesbury...it was always enjoyable to have a beer and look down on the field.
                  Seacoast had a restaurant and bar installed that overlooked their field in Epping; same model as Amesbury. Benefit was there was an outdoor deck where you could have a few and watch a kid.

Talk about mixed messages..... ha.

Comment

Backyard Brewery in Manchester NH if you are playing up there, good local brews and good food!
                    This will come in handy if Stars is still hosting their "home" games in Manchester in the spring.

Comment

This will come in handy if Stars is still hosting their "home" games in Manchester in the spring.
                      That's why we went and only about 10min away and close to the highway.

Comment

Lord Hobo Brewery if you're ever in Winchester playing at Ryan Connolly Field. It's 5 minutes across the town line in Woburn.

A free pint for someone who can recommend something decent near the inevitable purgatory of Progin Park in Lancaster, MA. I need two beers just to recover from the parking lot nevermind the disgusting bathrooms, worn out fields, and "food stand."

From a quick google search there is the humorously named River Styx Brewery in Fitchburg and the disgustingly named Bullspit Brewery in Lancaster, MA are nearby. Any thoughts on these two?

Comment

If in Acton high school fields, try True West brewery less than 5 minutes away.

Comment

Budweiser Brewery in Merrimack NH - a reasonable distance from the Back River fields in Bedford NH & worth going out of the way for if you are at the Tyngsboro Sports Center

Comment

Jack's Abby and a newer brewery, Exhibit A, are each a mile from the Framingham United complex (Merchants Field) and no more than 5 miles from any Natick soccer field.

In the next couple of years there will be a brand new turf field across the railroad tracks from the brewery (Mary Dennison Park, a 100% renovation). It was scheduled to be built in 2020 and 2021 but the pandemic stopped the project from going out to bid.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X