Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ECNL Crossfire United, RTC, Timbers Discovery, ADF, Soccer Chance Aca --EXPOSED!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and yet....

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Rec Soccer.

Irresponsibly priced by clubs with little or no board oversight.

A scam, is always a scam.

Nice to hear it described so perfectly on webcast.
    And yet this is a multi million dollar business, not just in soccer, but softball, baseball, basketball, dance, swimming, wrestling, cheer and many more.

Parents are willing to pay for their kids to be involved with organized sports and willing to pay more so they don't have to coach and manage. These are not the parents of the 1970's but very busy parents of today. The webcast gave a very singular view. I agree the ROI compared to a college scholarship in a negative. That is not what you are buying.

Comment

None of this is really new news. As a college investment, sports is financially very poor. But as for 'character' development, group functioning and resilience, it's a steal at nearly any price.

As Chris Rock once said my job is to "keep my daughter off the pole".

Soccer's a great alternative. :)

Comment

And yet this is a multi million dollar business, not just in soccer, but softball, baseball, basketball, dance, swimming, wrestling, cheer and many more.

Parents are willing to pay for their kids to be involved with organized sports and willing to pay more so they don't have to coach and manage. These are not the parents of the 1970's but very busy parents of today. The webcast gave a very singular view. I agree the ROI compared to a college scholarship in a negative. That is not what you are buying.
        The webcast coupled with the covid 19 Oregon lockdown really made me think about what have we been doing flying my daughter across the nation. Perfect timing for a needed wake up call.

Comment

The webcast coupled with the covid 19 Oregon lockdown really made me think about what have we been doing flying my daughter across the nation. Perfect timing for a needed wake up call.
          Michael Lewis points out there are a number of other issues and factors at play for why people choose this option -- aside from the remote hope of a college schollie. It's good to have perspective and to make all decision with eyes open. God knows the coaches and DOCs aren't going to give you the straight facts and that's really the problem.

Comment

Competitive sports are great for kids who want to go down that path for many reasons. Travel leagues are great for families who can afford the travel. ECNL is a great program for kids who are good enough, willing to commit and families who can afford it or qualify for club scholarships.

What’s not great is club expenses of which is primarily due to overpaying club directors who are grossly overpaid when you evaluate their qualifications. Almost all of them lack the management and operational qualifications for their jobs. These shysters are good at telling parents what they want to hear and incompetent at running the business. If they are just soccer coaches, why are they paid $100k+?

People need to start asking their clubs what their directors are paid and why. The information is public since they are non profit. There needs to be some accountability and exposing how grossly overpaid these directors are is a good first step.

Comment

Competitive sports are great for kids who want to go down that path for many reasons. Travel leagues are great for families who can afford the travel. ECNL is a great program for kids who are good enough, willing to commit and families who can afford it or qualify for club scholarships.

What’s not great is club expenses of which is primarily due to overpaying club directors who are grossly overpaid when you evaluate their qualifications. Almost all of them lack the management and operational qualifications for their jobs. These shysters are good at telling parents what they want to hear and incompetent at running the business. If they are just soccer coaches, why are they paid $100k+?

People need to start asking their clubs what their directors are paid and why. The information is public since they are non profit. There needs to be some accountability and exposing how grossly overpaid these directors are is a good first step.

Just to clarify people join great clubs, a league is never the hook, it's a quality club. Unless of course you live in Oregon where irrelevant leagues hold more value, since the clubs are just straight garbage....truth

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X