Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ECNL Crossfire United, RTC, Timbers Discovery, ADF, Soccer Chance Aca --EXPOSED!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECNL Crossfire United, RTC, Timbers Discovery, ADF, Soccer Chance Aca --EXPOSED!!

A softball dad breaks it all down for the ignorant masses in Oregon club soccer.

MICHAEL LEWIS ON WHY PARENTS PLAY THIS GAME
    The author of The Blind Side and Moneyball shares insights about his adventures as a travel team parent of a softball-playing daughter, the subject of a new audioboo

https://www.aspenprojectplay.org/sum...e+-+10%2F16+PM

Impressive presentation and spot on descriptions...First 30 minutes of seminar.

Nobody cares. Your kid stinks. Sorry.

Comment

Perfect Timing

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      A softball dad breaks it all down for the ignorant masses in Oregon club soccer.

The author of The Blind Side and Moneyball shares insights about his adventures as a travel team parent of a softball-playing daughter, the subject of a new audioboo

Thank You for sharing.

Comment

Thank You for sharing.
        Thank you for replying to your own post.

Comment

Nobody cares. Your kid stinks. Sorry.
          Pro tip: the parents that post on her all have poor soccer players kids. Everyone knows that.

Comment

Thank you for replying to your own post.
            I mean it, the content was eye opening and really helpful, you might want to listen and gain some knowledge. I'm replying to you.

Comment

I mean it, the content was eye opening and really helpful, you might want to listen and gain some knowledge. I'm replying to you.
              Anyone who considers youth soccer an investment is a moron who deserves every wasted penny. I am the person you’re replying to BTW. And it is obvious you replied to your own post.

Comment

Anyone who considers youth soccer an investment is a moron who deserves every wasted penny. I am the person you’re replying to BTW. And it is obvious you replied to your own post.
                It's obvious you didn't listen to the webinar, which is your loss. Loved it.

Keep talking to yourself online, per normal.

Comment

What ROI

The ROI from club fee's to college scholarship has never been close, in fact it is almost always a loss.

The reason why it cost so much to club sports is parents. Parents are willing pay in leu of managing and volunteering. In those term there is a 100% ROI because without the clubs the opportunity to play would cease to exist.

Comment

I feel exposed

The fees are all clearly spelled out for before I signed up my kid.

If I fire up the google machine I can quickly access college soccer scholarships. If I am looking at this as a investment all the information is there. Clearly not a good investment.

What is a good investment is providing an experience or being part of team, doing your role, being a leader, being coachable etc.

Comment

Agree with the last 2 posts. I manage my oldest child’s team and coach a few others for our Club. My kids both get to play for free. Our teams also raise a significant amount of money through sponsors, selling whatever, events, etc. It’s still not an “investment” though, it’s a way to decrease the cost of something the kids like to do. If you are looking for an investment, stop paying for Club soccer and put the money in a 529 plan.

Comment

Exposed to what ?

The clubs had made it very obvious what they charge and what you get.

Comment

The clubs had made it very obvious what they charge and what you get.
                          The clubs make it clear what they charge, but they can't tell you get for your investment.

That was the point of the webinar noting these clubs and their staff prey on this reality at your expense & ignorance.

No value associated with price. It's a seller's market.

Comment

Be aware

You need to know what you are buying. You have to be responsible.

Comment

You need to know what you are buying. You have to be responsible.
                              Rec Soccer.

Irresponsibly priced by clubs with little or no board oversight.

A scam, is always a scam.

Nice to hear it described so perfectly on webcast.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X