Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nepotism at Bayside?

What is going on at the U13 NEP? The team has two keepers, one isn't very good, but at least he's trying; the second one has no idea how to mind the goal. How did this kid end up on the roster? Nothing against the boy, he's probably a great kid, but this is a competition team, not a family backyard game.
    They continuously lose matches because he allows almost every ball to roll into the net. Kids are very upset because they keep losing matches they could've won. Parents were visibly ticked off after their latest loss in NH. Paying $2,500 to watch this is painful and unfair. Is he related to the coaching staff or club management?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Parents were visibly ticked off after their latest loss in NH.
    Details about what happened? The schedule/results look like they won a semi-final but the Seacoast team they beat played in the final? Assuming that's just some kind of administrative error in the results, and Bayside lost in the final 1-0, one could point out that if you don't score, you can't win.

Comment

Is this a real post? Is the team developing? Are the kids getting better? Who cares what the score is? Also - would we call an NEP team a "competition team"?
      Sounds like a parent who thinks the ultimate pinnacle is winning games when kids are 12 years old. That's our biggest issue in the US with club soccer - too much focus on winning early by parents.

Comment

Is this a real post? Is the team developing? Are the kids getting better? Who cares what the score is? Also - would we call an NEP team a "competition team"?
        Sounds like a parent who thinks the ultimate pinnacle is winning games when kids are 12 years old. That's our biggest issue in the US with club soccer - too much focus on winning early by parents.
        I agree that development is important, but there has to be some point where it's okay to want to win. And 12 years old seems like that's about an appropriate age. Unless things have changed that much since I was a kid, that's about when the "serious" athletes decide to continue and the others start dropping out. Winning is satisfying, and if you take that away from a kid, then what's he been going to practice for all these years? Who knows how many potentially great players you're losing by "not concentrating on winning" and making the game not much fun to play?

Comment

What is going on at the U13 NEP? The team has two keepers, one isn't very good, but at least he's trying; the second one has no idea how to mind the goal. How did this kid end up on the roster? Nothing against the boy, he's probably a great kid, but this is a competition team, not a family backyard game.
          They continuously lose matches because he allows almost every ball to roll into the net. Kids are very upset because they keep losing matches they could've won. Parents were visibly ticked off after their latest loss in NH. Paying $2,500 to watch this is painful and unfair. Is he related to the coaching staff or club management?
          I don't think there is real training for GKs at Baysidefc. If you look at all the big clubs like NEFC, Bolts and Valeo they all have GK trainers. My daughter is a GK at another club in Mass and she trains with both team and her GK coach .

I think they just value fitness and foot skills over tactics, defending and goalkeeping.

Comment

I don't think there is real training for GKs at Baysidefc. If you look at all the big clubs like NEFC, Bolts and Valeo they all have GK trainers. My daughter is a GK at another club in Mass and she trains with both team and her GK coach .

I think they just value fitness and foot skills over tactics, defending and goalkeeping.
            Bayside goalkeepers train with the Providence College goalkeeper coach.

Comment

Bayside goalkeepers train with the Providence College goalkeeper coach.
              When ?

Comment

More Bayside bashing eh? we aren't with Bayside now but Carlos did a great job with the kids in the evenings 1-2 times a week. He also offered his own training.

Comment

More Bayside bashing eh? we aren't with Bayside now but Carlos did a great job with the kids in the evenings 1-2 times a week. He also offered his own training.
                  So you have to pay extra for GK training at Baysidefc?

Comment

So you have to pay extra for GK training at Baysidefc?
                    No. Carlos Pinhancos is the PC women's team assistant coach and Director of Goalkeeping at Bayside FC Bolts, as well as the founder and director of Elite Goalkeeper Academy. As many, he has his own side business, but keeper training is part of Bayside's program.

Comment

hoping Bayside gets into ECNL next year!

Comment

Although I am a fan of Bayside, no they are not getting ECNL.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X